• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ESPN NHL 2K5 screens!

DMczaf

espnnhl2k5_071504_closeup.jpg
espnnhl2k5_071504_StLouis01.jpg
espnnhl2k5_071504_goalie03.jpg
espnnhl2k5_071504_hipcheck.jpg
espnnhl2k5_071504_goalie01.jpg
espnnhl2k5_071504_hipcheck2.jpg
espnnhl2k5_071504_protectpuck01.jpg
espnnhl2k5_071504_scoringop01.jpg

Xkiko

Looks very good, especially the shirts.

Too bad I've lost my interest on hockey since my 6 years old cousin beat me 10-0 at NHL 2004

Meier

I'll buy this if a.) the goalie passing is improved drastically, b.) the poke-checking is decreased drastically and c.) if it retails at $20 to start. ESPN NHL pissed me off for awhile but in time you improve and get used to the 'quirks' but at $5 it was a steal.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Meier said:
I'll buy this if a.) the goalie passing is improved drastically, b.) the poke-checking is decreased drastically and c.) if it retails at $20 to start. ESPN NHL pissed me off for awhile but in time you improve and get used to the 'quirks' but at $5 it was a steal.

even at $50, it was a steal :p

and omg this looks awesome

FightyF

Banned
I didn't know they revamped the jerseys! Looks great!

The names and numbers on the back look way better too, last year they were stretched and it really didn't look good.

The pants and the goalie's leg pads look excellent, with a hint of reflection that's not overdone. Whether it really reflects, I don't know, it could be a nice texture...nevertheless it looks great!

The lighting has been improved. Or should I say IMPLEMENTED! *graphic whores on the forum snicker simultaneously*

This is the Xbox version since it has 3D crowds...which look ugly IMO. But hey, I don't give a flying rat's ass about it.

Flying rats ass? Hmm...I guess a bat's ass would have sufficed.

DopeyFish: Did you submit the pic of the day at PlanetUnreal? Or is that some other Dopeyfish?

Kiprusoff's pads are white goddamn it! Also, I wish they could actually use the actual goalie mask designs. Generic sucks.

I could care less about the graphical eye candy they have going with the players and what not, I just want the animations to be better. No farking Exorcist glove hand on the goalies when they're gloving the puck. And the crazy puck clipping bugs had better be ironed out.

Not to mention, when I change the C's and A's of players, the fugging models better show the change.

Really, they could give me ESPN 2K4 minus all the bugs and I'd be happy.

Top Bottom