• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu scores (Mario Tennis)

Solid

Mario Tennis GC (GC, Nintendo): 9 / 9 / 8 / 8 - (34/40)
Armored Core: Nine Breaker (PS2, From Software): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
StellaDeus (PS2, Atlus): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
Driv3r (PS2, Atari): 8 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (28/40)
True Crime Streets of LA (PS2, Capcom): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
Hard Luck (PS2, Spike): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Waga Ryuu o Miyo: Pride of the Dragon Peace (PS2, Sony): 8 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (30/40)

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I don't play much multiplayer on the Cube so I am not sure if the game is worth full price just for single player??

However Uni holidays are coming up some i might be playing more multiplayer soon!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sho Nuff said:
"I played this game for 30 seconds. Driving the car is fun. The chief yelled at me! Oh no! SCORE: 8"
Haha. It's funny because it's probably accurate.

Prospero

Do The Mario said:
I don't play much multiplayer on the Cube so I am not sure if the game is worth full price just for single player??

However Uni holidays are coming up some i might be playing more multiplayer soon!

The original Mario Tennis single player was godly. The multiplayer was godly as well.

Come to think of it, was there anything wrong with that game at all? No.

john tv

The Dragon Peace demo from TGS was absolute garbage. Sometimes I wonder if Famitsu plays the same games the rest of us do? Or if they even play the games at all?

olimario

Banned
john tv said:
The Dragon Peace demo from TGS was absolute garbage. Sometimes I wonder if Famitsu plays the same games the rest of us do? Or if they even play the games at all?

The videos of Pride of the Dragon Peace looked like absolute crap. Sub DC graphics, terrible animation, slow and simplistic battles.
I wonder the same things you wonder about Famitsu.

ge-man

I wouldn't be surprised if the Famitsu subscribes to the same logic that lets Game Informer score things based on how they feel their audience will take to a game. I'm pretty much done with professional game reviews. Despite all the fanboy crap that goes on in forums, most of the time I can get bullshit free impressions from here and other places.

Bebpo

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
"StellaDeus (PS2, Atlus): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)"

The soundtrack to this game rocks. Sakimoto!

The soundtrack to Rakugaki Oukoku 2 by Mitsuda rocks even more. It's his first 'real' full album since XSep1 and goddamn if he's not the best composer in the industry.

Deku Tree

This score makes me look forward to Mario Tennis even more.

Anyone know why they didn't call it "Mario Power Tennis" in JPN?

olimario

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
"StellaDeus (PS2, Atlus): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)"

The soundtrack to this game rocks. Sakimoto!

Did you like it? I didn't enjoy it very much. While it's quality, I'm starting to find that kind of game soundtrack VERy generic. I've put it with Tales, Star Ocean, and Baten Kaitos in my 'anime RPG generic soundtrack' pile.

Bebpo said:
The soundtrack to Rakugaki Oukoku 2 by Mitsuda rocks even more. It's his first 'real' full album since XSep1 and goddamn if he's not the best composer in the industry.

I'd put him and Sugiyama on the same level. I didn't know he was doing Rakugaki though. The only soundtrack i'd heard he was working on was that Farewell to the Moonlit Night game. That's another soundtrack to look forward to. I'm fully expecting DQ8 to hand it to any other soundtrack this year though.

Prospero

NWO said:
When was there negativity about Mario Tennis?

A number of people were nervous because screenshots gave the impression that it wouldn't be pure, straight-up videogame tennis, like N64's Mario Tennis. Too many distractions on the court, etc.

fugimax

Alright...here's the plan.

We're sick of mainstream reviwers. My idea:

A print magazine that has news. In addition, reviews of all games would be by *non-staff* people. Each month, we'd go out, find 15-20 people to play the 5-6 games we want to review that month. They'd give us their comments and they'd score it. We'd compile all that and present a review.

Cool?

duckroll

fugimax said:
Alright...here's the plan.

We're sick of mainstream reviwers. My idea:

A print magazine that has news. In addition, reviews of all games would be by *non-staff* people. Each month, we'd go out, find 15-20 people to play the 5-6 games we want to review that month. They'd give us their comments and they'd score it. We'd compile all that and present a review.

Cool?

Haha, sounds like an idea for a brand-new reality show!

Top Bottom