• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu scores

Pang

Neo Member
From http://www.gamefront.de

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA, Square Enix): 10 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (36/40)
Halo 2 (Xbox, Microsoft): 9 / 8 / 8 / 9 - (34/40)
Harvest Moon: Oh! Wonderful Life (PS2, Marvelous): 7 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (27/40)
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (Xbox, Tecmo): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)
Sega SuperStars (PS2, Sega): 9 / 9 / 7 / 7 - (32/40)
NBA Starting Five 2005 (PS2, Konami): 7 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (26/40)
Standard Daisenryaku: Dengekisen (PS2, Sammy): 7 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (26/40)
Simple 2000 Ultimate Series Vol. 21: Kenka Joutou! Yankee Banchou (PS2, D3): 5 / 5 / 5 / 5 - (20/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 66: The Party Unou Quiz (PS2, D3): 7 / 6 / 6 / 7 - (26/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 67: The Suiri (PS2, D3): 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 - (26/40)

Meier

Unless CoM was seriously retooled since E3, something tells me Enterbrain's coffers got a wee bit fatter this past week.

SantaC

wow that is as good as the zelda minish cap score. I am picking this one up. When is it due for a US release?

Sho Nuff

Banned
Famitsu writes review

Famitsu sends review to the game company

Company edits it and sends it back

Famitsu publishes it

FAMITSU REVIEWS TRULY ARE GOSPEL!!!

Soul4ger

Halo 2 (Xbox, Microsoft): 9 / 8 / 8 / 9 - (34/40)

Halowned.

Famitsu writes review

Famitsu publishes it

Wow, Microsoft must not think very highly of Halo 2, then! FAILED.

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA, Square Enix): 10

bribe.jpg

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA, Square Enix): 10

bribe.jpg

why? Can't a GBA game score 10? I think a brand new take on the brand has more chance to innovate on gameplay than a FPS sequel.

Jonnyram

Sho Nuff said:
Famitsu writes review
Famitsu publishes it
I thought this happened everywhere? Maybe I'm over-skeptical.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TheGreenGiant said:
why? Can't a GBA game score 10? I think a brand new take on the brand has more chance to innovate on gameplay than a FPS sequel.

Kingdom Hearts was absolutely dreadful, so they could only improve...

However, Halo 2 isn't just a "sequel"...

It's quite a different game.

dark10x said:

care to elaborate? Its a different game? I didn't know it was a dating sim.

Soul4ger

TheGreenGiant said:
care to elaborate? Its a different game? I didn't know it was a dating sim.

I can tell you this, if it was a dating sim, it likely would've scored higher than a 34/40!

It has nothing to do with the GBA. It has everything to do with Famitsu's willingness to suck Square's collective cock. It's as predictable as the tide.

oh okay. This I get. I personally don't like the card aspect to the GBA KH title but I'll wait for US reviews anyhow. Famitsu is an okayish benchmark.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
TheGreenGiant said:
oh okay. This I get. I personally don't like the card aspect to the GBA KH title but I'll wait for US reviews anyhow. Famitsu is an okayish benchmark.

yeah, unless it comes from Square / Enix. They ride that cock hard.

SantaC

dark10x said:

wtf? It's a sequel like any other sequel. It's just a very polished game. It's not a revolution.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
dark10x said:

Explain.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
You couldn't do this in the first Halo:

halo2blow.JPG

halo2blow2.JPG

halo2blow3.JPG

halo2blow4.JPG

No remote linking errors....

DCharlie said:
"However, Halo 2 isn't just a "sequel"...
It's quite a different game."

he's right.
some of you are in for an owning when you play it.

Could people actually explain themselves instead of the vague hints?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"However, Halo 2 isn't just a "sequel"...
It's quite a different game."

he's right.
some of you are in for an owning when you play it.

Culex

Banned
thorns said:
hmm no wonder japanese game industry is in a crisis while the west is thriving.

Yea, with all those western devs going out of business, they're doing really well aren't they? ;)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
If ive learned anything on my years on gaf, its that people who give subtle hints do so because they dont know enough to give proper information.

People who have proper information, keep their mouths shut.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Holy shit on the Kingdom Hearts score. I was thinking of overlooking it but if it truly is worthy of the praise I guess I won't. KH for the PS2 really left a bad taste in my mouth so I was planning on ignoring the sequels.

thorns

Banned
Culex said:
Yea, with all those western devs going out of business, they're doing really well aren't they? ;)

for everyone that goes out of business, there are new ones being formed. As far as third parties go, EA probably gets more revenue worldwide than all the japanese devs combined.

thorns said:
for everyone that goes out of business, there are new ones being formed. As far as third parties go, EA probably gets more revenue worldwide than all the japanese devs combined.

That's not true. ANyway, it really bothers you this much that a game got a 34? You do realise that's a very good score right?

Ghost said:
If ive learned anything on my years on gaf, its that people who give subtle hints do so because they dont know enough to give proper information.

People who have proper information, keep their mouths shut.

iawtp

and Halo isn't that great. That 33/40 score is about right.

By consensus :- if NOT for that fact that Halo is Xbox/console - it would have been forgotten if it were pc only title.

thorns

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
By consensus :- if NOT for that fact that Halo is Xbox/console - it would have been forgotten if it were pc only title.

I can't stand bullshit like this.

what consensus? speak for yourself. A game being on a console does not make it "better".

The FACT that Halo hasn't been forgotten and a lot of Xbox games has been speaks for itself.

thorns said:
I can't stand bullshit like this.

what consensus? speak for yourself. A game being on a console does not make it "better".

The FACT that Halo hasn't been forgotten and a lot of Xbox games has been speaks for itself.

truth = if Halo were a pc title. We wouldn't still be talking about it. You basically affirmed my point.

cheerio.

Shompola

Banned
Halo was one of the most hyped PC games and the hyped was brought to the Xbox when PC version was delayed and moved to Xbox.

PC gamers would definitely talk about the game if it was released on PC instead.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Shompola said:
Halo was one of the most hyped PC games and the hyped was brought to the Xbox when PC version was delayed and moved to Xbox.

PC gamers would definitely talk about the game if it was released on PC instead.

It was for the Mac........

And Halo was also put together in about 9 months (the Xbox game). It went through tons of different transformations throughout it's development, even switching genres.

Anyways, I highly doubt that people would still be talking about Halo on PC/Mac. Pretty much every PC gamer I know found Halo to be a slightly above average FPS. I think it's praise has more to do with the FPS situation on consoles than it being a quality game.

Personally, I thought it was a good game, but nowhere near great.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Shompola said:

Halo was realeased on PC. PC FPS fans did not care for it.

Top Bottom