• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GAME INFORMER scores

Posted on GAMEFAQS:

Fable(Game of the Month) 9.5, 9.5 boo-yah!
Mortal Kombat: Deception, 9.5, 9
Star Wars: Battlefront, 8, 7.5
Burnout 3: Takedown, 9.25, 9
Street Racing Syndicate, 6.75, 6.75
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction, 7.75, 7.25
The Red Star, 7.5, 7.5
Outlaw Golf 2, 7.5, 6.5
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005, 8.5 8.75
Def Jam: Fight for NY, 8.75, 9
Terminator 3: Redemption, 8, 8
Robotech Invasion, 6.5, 6.75
Mega Man X Command Mission, 6, 7
Duke of Hazzard Return of the General Lee, 6
The Guy Game, 3
Juiced, 5.75
Midway Arcade Treasures 2, 9
Cabela's Deer Hunt 2005, 4
Shellshorck: Nam '67, 6
Conflict: Vietnam, 7, 6.25
Sly 2: Band of Thieves, 8.75, 8.5
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, 8.75, 8.75
Shadow Hearts: Covenant, 8, 8.25
Spy Fiction, 7.5, 7
Katamari Damacy, 8, 7.5
Gallop Racer 2004, 8.25, 7
Gradius V, 8.25, 7.75
Funkmaster Flex Digital Hitz Factory, 6.75
Under the Skin, 5
Rapala Pro Fishing, 8.25
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme, 8.25
ChronoQ, 6
WWE: Day of Reckoning, 8.25, 7.75
Colin McRae Rally 2005, 8.25, 8.5
Yager, 7, 7.5
Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors, 7, 7.25
Army Men: Sarge's War, 5
Pure Pinball, 5.75
Galleon, 4.25
Doom 3(PC game of the month) 9, 9
Kohan II: Kings of War, 8, 8
Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force, 6, 6
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, 7.75, 7.75
Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, 8, 8.25
Mega Man Zero 3, 6.75
Dragonball Z: Buu's Fury, 4.5
Thunderbirds, 5.75
Mario Pinball Land, 7.75, 6

AeroGod

aku:jiki said:
What kind of a heartless, soulless shell of a man gives Katamari a 7.5? :(

A person with special goggles that lets them see through quirky japanese crap. You should all invest in a pair.

^^^^^
Dont get uppity folks. Its all in good fun.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
SRS scored higher than Juiced? Ouch... I was under the opinion that Juiced was the better of the two titles.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
aku:jiki said:
What kind of a heartless, soulless shell of a man gives Katamari a 7.5? :(

The game is pretty short, you know. There's not much variation, either. Don't get me wrong, I love it. Just saying...

AeroGod

I never ever ever trust Mega Man scores anymore. Its like the entire world decided to start hating the little blue guy.

evil ways

Katamari Damacy, 8, 7.5

That's as good as it gets for a quirqy, niche japanese game.

My sources indicate that they gave the same score to MK Deadly Alliance, so as much as I love MK, that totally kills any chance of celebration from me for Deception getting such a great score.

Deadly Alliance at best was a 7.5 game.

Battlefront looks allot better than some 7.5 thats for sure.

Its more proof that as this hobby becomes more and more mainstream- that you need to ignore these reviews then. It sorta reflects in allot of todays game reviewing. I think that because some are so burnt on the Star Wars name nowdays,that this is where the 7.5 may have come in to play. When something is *in* its loved by the media,when its not in fashion,its scorned upon,which is bullshit. Hopefully these guys reviewed the game based on it merrits,not on personal opinion on the license itself.

Razoric

Banned
evil ways said:
My sources indicate that they gave the same score to MK Deadly Alliance, so as much as I love MK, that totally kills any chance of celebration from me for Deception getting such a great score.

Uh, so if they gave MK6 a 3.5, that would make you give it a higher score? huh?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
evil ways said:
That's as good as it gets for a quirqy, niche japanese game.

then you'll be happy to know i gave deception a much lower score.

evil ways

chespace said:
then you'll be happy to know i gave deception a much lower score.

I don't mind low scores since they are opinions and I see no point in getting bent outta shape for some numbers. I only take them into consideration when it's a game I'm not sure about.

I know what I'm getting with Deception and the flaws that it might still have since it shares a slightly tweaked Deadly Alliance engine, which was nice but had faults.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Razoric said:
Did you like MK5? Was this a step down?

i would say it's the same freaking step with a bunch of crap thrown in for who knows why. the konquest mode is g-g-g-g-god awful.

Razoric

Banned
chespace said:
i would say it's the same freaking step with a bunch of crap thrown in for who knows why. the konquest mode is g-g-g-g-god awful.

Well as long as it didnt go down in quality, ill still get it. I personally liked MK5. :)

Sysgen

Terminator 3: Redemption, 8, 8
Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors, 7, 7.25

Somethings wrong with your review system when Terminator 3 >>>> Otogi 2. One of the EGM reviewers gave this game a 2 as in two, to, and too. WTF!

ferricide

AeroGod said:
I never ever ever trust Mega Man scores anymore. Its like the entire world decided to start hating the little blue guy.
perhaps it has something to do with the fact that capcom decided to stop making good mega man games. =)

rastex

Banned
shuri said:
Face it, Otogi 1 was pure crap. But a lot of people are overpraising it because its so japanese

Actually no, it's not pure crap. But you can't see past it being Japanese so there's no point in explaining to you why it's a good game.

Man, KUF:TC, Otogi 2, Burnout3, Fable... all games that I want to get, but this term is gonna be crazy and I have no time for games :( Just time to visit the bitching on GAF as I take breaks from writing reports... *sigh*.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Damn. If they think Mortal Kombat: Deception is a 9.5, they must have given Virtua Fighter 4: Evo a 15.5

*runs away*

Top Bottom