• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New game packs from SNK Playmore.

The King of Fighters'94 Re-Bout - PS2 * December 2004
The King of Fighters'95 - '97 ~3in1~ - PS2 * 2005
The King of Fighters'98 - '00 ~3in1~ - PS2 * 2005
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - PS2 * 2005
Bakumatsu Roman / Last Blade ~2in1~ - PS2 * 2005
Twinkle Star Sprites - PS2 * 2005

All with online battles in Japan.

3 small pics of The King of Fighters´94 Rebout.
h-264_31183_DSCN1397.JPG.jpg
h-264_31183_DSCN1398.JPG.jpg
h-264_31183_DSCN1401.JPG.jpg

XS+

Banned
KoF '94 (with 3D bgs and highres sprites) is looking sweet. I wish they remade '95 though, even though I guess that wouldn't make sense for KoF's anniversary.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Great, so 94 is the only one they're redoing? And the rest are cash runs?

Worthless.

XS+

Banned
Well the other KoFs will probably get the KoF 2000 PS2 treatment (hires backgrounds and HUDs and other minor touchups) fwiw..

I am mad that Samurai Shodown's anniv has been completely ignored by SNKP..

Everybody better ease up on Capcom releasing old games with these boys back in town.

I suppose it's fair to say that they haven't been making these games widely available to us previously, but most of this stuff is old.

ourumov

It's incredible they are not re-releasing KOF 96...IMO the best :(

Edit: Sorry, I haven't read it's 3 in 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
MoxManiac said:
Great news, Now I really can retire my DC.

Totally! Oh man I hope the Last Blade pack includes the remixed music off the PSX port. Gorgeous stuff.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Mike Andrade said:
The King of Fighters'94 Re-Bout - PS2 * December 2004
The King of Fighters'95 - '97 ~3in1~ - PS2 * 2005
The King of Fighters'98 - '00 ~3in1~ - PS2 * 2005
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - PS2 * 2005
Bakumatsu Roman / Last Blade ~2in1~ - PS2 * 2005
Twinkle Star Sprites - PS2 * 2005

All with online battles in Japan.

I am now wanking very fast.

Can't wait to dust off my KOF94 London championship belt and break some heads*

*or lose badly as it has been a fair few years.

Soul4ger

Another release of Twinkle Star Sprites should put the damper on people selling the thing for like $80 on eBay. But I don't know if I need to buy many of these again. :\ Though I will pick up TSS, just because I like wasting some money.

jarrod

Banned
A Metal Slug 1/2/X compilation would definitely make sense. So would Samurai Showdown 1-4 (they could even get away with splitting it into 1/2 and 3/4 probably) not to mention a Pulstar/Blazing Star double pack. And so long as they're releasing old games, how about Samurai Showdown RPG with the bonus content from all 3 versions? :)

Soul4ger

jarrod said:
And so long as they're releasing old games, how about Samurai Showdown RPG with the bonus content from all 3 versions? :)

Now THAT would be awesome. In fact, even a portable version of Bushidohretsuden would rock my socks.

Soul4ger

jarrod said:
DS or PSP... or both?

I plan on getting them both, so it really doesn't matter to me. Probably PSP, just to most faithfully recreate the NGCD version without the loading times. I hope.

94 rebout screens

924091_20040924_screen001.jpg

924091_20040924_screen002.jpg
924091_20040924_screen003.jpg
924091_20040924_screen004.jpg
924091_20040924_screen005.jpg
924091_20040924_screen006.jpg

I wasn't exactly expecting this.. i thought the game would be completely redrawn. Oh well, retraced sprites is better then nothing i suppose. I really wish they went with highres 2D instead of crappy/mediocre 3d backgrounds. Probably will play exactly like 94. gawd 94 was ugly looking..

NGBC updated roster:

Original : Ai, Yuki
SS : Nakoruru, Asura, Haomaru
Gekka : Washizuka, Kaede, Akari
Garô : Terry, Rock, Geese, Kim, Mai, Tung.
World Heroes : Fûma, Hanzô.
WTF : Marco (MS) Cyber monkey (KOTM), Kisara (Gangan).
Kusoge : K', Kyô, Iori.

Sai

Those character sprites look pretty good. Are they using the same filters used for SvC:Chaos?

[EDIT] - KOF '96 & '97 need the same kind of love, damn it.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Sai said:
Those character sprites look pretty good. Are they using the same filters used for SvC:Chaos?

The sprites weren't improved with a filter. Basically SNK took the orignal sprites, doubled their size, and then redrew over top of them. The result are the high-res sprites you see here.

SVC:Chaos (arcade) doesn't use a filter. I haven't played the PS2 version but I don't think they used a filter on those sprites either.

Are those re-drawn sprites? Finally, someone listens. Leave it to SNK to continue to innovate. If rebout plays half as good as it looks, I'll be a happy guy, being a hardcore Neo-Geo fanatic and all.

anotheriori said:
NGBC updated roster:

Original : Ai, Yuki
SS : Nakoruru, Asura, Haomaru
Gekka : Washizuka, Kaede, Akari
Garô : Terry, Rock, Geese, Kim, Mai, Tung.
World Heroes : Fûma, Hanzô.
WTF : Marco (MS) Cyber monkey (KOTM), Kisara (Gangan).
Kusoge : K', Kyô, Iori.

Sweet they have AKARI....and Kaede, but where is Setsuna?

Sai

JC10001 said:
The sprites weren't improved with a filter. Basically SNK took the orignal sprites, doubled their size, and then redrew over top of them. The result are the high-res sprites you see here.
... So... They actually listened to the fans for once? They're new, high resolution sprites?... :O... Go SNK!

640x480? :)

SVC:Chaos (arcade) doesn't use a filter. I haven't played the PS2 version but I don't think they used a filter on those sprites either.
It was the PS2 version I was talking about. I believe it uses some sort of filter to clean up the sprites. Something was done to improve the game's visuals...

Here's some more screens from the GENIUSIES at SNK P who like to balance things out by having 94rebout highres + crappy 3d vs. NGBC lowres + highres 2d backgrounds. My brain hurts...

923901_20040924_screen001.jpg

923901_20040924_screen002.jpg
923901_20040924_screen003.jpg
923901_20040924_screen004.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Go Go Ackman! said:
Modded xbox + final burn x + arcade stick

I know exactly what you mean. :D

But these games are going to have online play, and KOF 2002 is an awesome PS2 port, with more characters than the original and DC port, new 3D backgrounds, and transparent/blurring projectile/move effects; looks nice, and KOF 2003 looks to be even better, so I can't wait to see how KOF '94 Rebout turns out. If it plays the same as '94, though, it's just going to be a novelty.

I really hope that Garou MOTW gets the "PS2" treatment, and if gets a true arranged soundtrack option...total SF3 rival. :)

Another Iori, some screens show it, and others don't, but Battle Colluseum looks better than KOF Neowave does; the sprites actually look a lot better than you'd expect against the high-res backgrounds....it's not like CvS2 when you actually see the game in motion and some sprites stand out way too much.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Oxymoron said:
Um, guys? SCEA.

Shouldn't be a problem except for TSS.

KOF94 = highres/3D
KOF 3-in-1s = a better value than the double packs that were already released
LB1&2 = another double pack
Garou = pack it with SVCC? pack it with a RB2 port? sell it for $20? shouldn't be too hard. c'mon its garou!

lordmrw

anotheriori said:
Here's some more screens from the GENIUSIES at SNK P who like to balance things out by having 94rebout highres + crappy 3d vs. NGBC lowres + highres 2d backgrounds. My brain hurts...

923901_20040924_screen001.jpg

923901_20040924_screen002.jpg
923901_20040924_screen003.jpg
923901_20040924_screen004.jpg

Those backgrounds look ridiculously good, but the incredibly ugly sprites fuck it up.

Top Bottom