• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GI scores

SantaC

thnx to Sonycowboy.

Viewtiful Joe 2 got a 9
NFSU2 got an 8
Urbz got a 7.75
Godzilla got a 6
Rocky got a 6.5
LOTR: The Third Age got an 8.5
Spongebob got a 6
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 got a 9
Power Rangers got a 6
Bards Tale got an 8.25
Crash 'n' Burn got a 7
NCAA March Madness 2005 got an 8.25
Bad Boys got a 5
Sonic Mega Collection Plus got a 7.5
Alien Hominid got an 8
Shark Tale got a 6.5
Vietcong: Purple Haze got a 5
GTA: SA got a 10
Ace Combat 5 got a 9
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw got an 8.5
Ghost in the Shell got a 7.25
Capcom Fighting Evolution got a 6
Killzone got a 7.5
FFXI CoP got a 7.75
Eyetoy: Antigrav got a 7
Guilty Gear Isuka got a 6.75
Yu Yu Hakusho got a 3.25
Get on da mic got a 5
Taiko Drum Master got a 7.75
Sega Superstars got an 8
Baten Kaitos got an 8.75
Halo 2 got a 10
Fatal Frame 2: Director's cut got a 9.25
DOA Ultimate got a 9
Karaoke Revolution got a 7.75
Ultra Bust a Move got a 7
DDR Ultramix 2 got a 7.75
Outrun 2 got a 6.5
Halflife 2 got a 9.5
Tribes: Vengeance got an 8.5
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 got an 8.75
Scrapland got a 6
Codename: Panzers got a 7.75
Armies of Exigo got an 8
Metal Slug Advance got a 7
Power Rangers GBA got a 3.5
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 GBA got a 6
Boktai 2 GBA got a 6.25
Advance Guardian Heroes GBA got a 7

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Halo 2 and San Andreas tied for GOTM with 10's

Half Life 2 got a 9.5

and yes, they are real i have seen this issue

SyNapSe

GashPrex said:
Halo 2 and San Andreas tied for GOTM with 10's

Half Life 2 got a 9.5

and yes, they are real i have seen this issue

HL2 bomb bomb. There is no way I can gather 4 years of enjoyment from the mods of a game that scored a 9.5! </cringes>

Speevy

Banned
The Baten Kaitos score is no surprise. Both Lost Kingdoms games got an 8.5 on GI. I expect Metal Gear Acid to get a 10. Card game of the year.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
oh shit, i guess having the best physics system doesn't necessarily mean it's the best overall game(even though apparently, Halo 2 uses Havoc also).

*waits for everyone who just spent $500+ on PC upgrades to argue how potential user mods should reflect the review score*

Blimblim

The Inside Track
That's the kind of scores I would have expected for most games. I won't start arguing about which game is better than the other because it had half a point more or less than the other.
I notice scrapland bombed hard. That game looked quite nice in the trailers and screenshots released until now. What happened ?
Also EA got the rather average scores their quite average games should get. NFSU2 8, Urbz 7.75, LOTR TA 8.5. Why take the time to make a game worthy of 9+ when it won't sell any more games anyway ?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
etiolate said:
It's sad that no one cares about Viewtiful Joe 2.

Yeah, I remember some people at GAF aggressively trying to convince everyone into buying the first game. "IT DESERVES TO SELL!!"
I wonder if the same thing will happen with Viewtiful Joe 2, but based on the hype for the sequel I doubt it. I'm still interested in the game myself though.

Mrbob

etiolate said:
It's sad that no one cares about Viewtiful Joe 2.

It's a niche game coming out of a time when the big boys are playing with their sequels. It should get delayed until March 2005 with PoP2. The main reason VJ got some pub time last year is because it had a different style plus the releases last Nov/Dec year sucked for the most part.

jett

D-Member
Mrbob said:
It's a niche game coming out of a time when the big boys are playing with their sequels. It should get delayed until March 2005 with PoP2. The main reason VJ got some pub time last year is because it had a different style plus the releases last Nov/Dec year sucked for the most part.

And because it was one the Gamecube. Heh. Nintendo fanboys can make some pretty damn loud noise. VJ2 is going to uberbomb.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Blimblim said:
Also EA got the rather average scores their quite average games should get. NFSU2 8, Urbz 7.75, LOTR TA 8.5. Why take the time to make a game worthy of 9+ when it won't sell any more games anyway ?

<EA defense measure engage!>

In what bizarro world is an 8 and an 8.5 an average score?

Redbeard said:
Has anyone played Scrapland? I'm disappointed it got such a low score, it seems like such a cool, unique game.

I played the demo and thought it was awesome. I wouldn't call it unique though. The style is kinda unique but the game rips off many different games (Beyond Good and Evil, GTA, Metal Arms, R&C etc)

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
PhatSaqs said:
Bungie > Valve. PCers am fuck cry.

*cough* Didn't GI say they review games based on hype and how good the game will sell and appeal to the casuals?

AbeFroman

FortNinety said:
Seriously, why does anyone care after the shit they pulled last month?

C'mon complaining about scores makes the forums go round - especially, bitching about scores for games that aren't even out.

tEh fun for the whole family!

Top Bottom