• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New? GTA San Andreas screens

Solid

Please delete this post quick if old.

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041009005406560.jpg
grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041009005410169.jpg
grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041009005410716.jpg
grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041009005414043.jpg
grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041009005415293.jpg
grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041009005415840.jpg
grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041001091034677.jpg

Much more here: http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/611/611957/imgs_1.html

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
New to me too. Wow looks very good, I can't wait for this game. Hopefully it'll have a high character count, I love massive bloodsprees!

evil ways

The 2 customized cars are new, the rest are super old. Supposedly both Gamespot and IGN will have new info tonight.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Grand Theft Auto: Underground: The Need for Speed Edition: Hot Pursuit 3: Electric Boogaloo

I would hate to live in the house with a fire post right outside the car port :)

Still, looks cool. Can't wait to play it in a few weeks...

AlphaSnake

SiegfriedFM said:
I would hate to live in the house with a fire post right outside the car port :)

Still, looks cool. Can't wait to play it in a few weeks...

In America we call them "hydrants" and "garages." :p

jett

D-Member
Looks pretty good for a GTA game. I wonder about the framerate and the actual image quality, though.

RiZ III

framerate is overrated. Image qaulity will probably be the same as all ps2 games, shitty. But, who cares, game will still be good.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Au contraire, mon frere! With the new eating, working out, and hairstyle additions, I too can create my very own havoc-wreaking, early 90's-era Michael Jordan in San Andreas!

And when I want to recreate the present-day MJ, all I have to do is stop exercising and eat nothing but Cluckin' Bell. :D

Gamespot and IGN have updated with impressions of San Fierro:

"While some stats you can improve by the kind of self-schooling described above, others will require a more-formal approach. As a result, plan on getting some schooling during your time in GTA: San Andreas. Of the schools you'll find in the game, driving school is arguably the most important one you'll attend. The driving school will teach CJ new techniques that can be used in the game or enhance his existing driving skills. As you'd expect, better driving skills will improve his overall control over a vehicle, eventually enabling him to do things like make sharp turns at high speed, or quicker-than-usual stops. One thing to note is that four-wheeled vehicles in San Andreas feature in-air control, meaning you can adjust the pitch and roll of your vehicle in mid-air much like you could on motorcycles in Vice City, though not nearly as quickly. Gaining this skill may turn out to be pretty handy if you happen to take an accidental jump off a canyon, which could actually happen. In addition to in-air control, you'll be able to learn controlled stops, how to control your car when a tire blows out, and the perfect barrel roll."

914983_10092004_screen009.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/preview_6110172.html

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/556/556064p1.html

Anyone still have that so-called fake first San Andreas screen from like more than a year ago or something? I don't have it anymore but in retrospect, it doesn't seem so fake anymore when compared to some of these screens.

AlphaSnake

SolidSnakex said:
Gamespot and IGN have updated with impressions of San Fierro:

"While some stats you can improve by the kind of self-schooling described above, others will require a more-formal approach. As a result, plan on getting some schooling during your time in GTA: San Andreas. Of the schools you'll find in the game, driving school is arguably the most important one you'll attend. The driving school will teach CJ new techniques that can be used in the game or enhance his existing driving skills. As you'd expect, better driving skills will improve his overall control over a vehicle, eventually enabling him to do things like make sharp turns at high speed, or quicker-than-usual stops. One thing to note is that four-wheeled vehicles in San Andreas feature in-air control, meaning you can adjust the pitch and roll of your vehicle in mid-air much like you could on motorcycles in Vice City, though not nearly as quickly. Gaining this skill may turn out to be pretty handy if you happen to take an accidental jump off a canyon, which could actually happen. In addition to in-air control, you'll be able to learn controlled stops, how to control your car when a tire blows out, and the perfect barrel roll."

914983_10092004_screen009.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/preview_6110172.html

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/556/556064p1.html

WTF? San Andreas isn't using licensed vehicles right? I mean, that red car is obviously the Ford GT. And this is an NSX. Before, GTA cars used to *somewhat* resemble the cars they were based on...but this is pretty much the real deal.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Sounds like Rockstar stuck some True Crime driving controls in there.

Ranger X

OMG...
Each time we hear something new in the gameplay department and they are not done yet with revealing new gameplay?
It's written in the sky! I'll be addicted to this game i'm sure. I mean, there must be a problem, it's not real. This game sound too great to be true.
(i hope i'll get a shock like when i played GT3 the first time -- maybe it's possible to relive something like that with this game...)

Top Bottom