• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new halo 2 3d screenshot!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
http://bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=B49D5CFD-E5CB-4A68-A42D-8CC2D7235E3F

SEVEN O'CLOCK 3D SCREEN SHOCK!

Posted by Frankie at 7/7/2004 7:10 PM
So just before we go to bed for the evening there's just one last thing, it is Bungie Day after all and we already gave you Seven new things to look at...

What do you mean there were only six new items today? What about this? The Seventh! Another 3D screenshot! This one requires Quicktime of course, but as before, you can "grab" the screen and rotate it to see the action. In this case, the action consists of a new game we invented on Zanzibar called "Hogball" where we stack explosive fusion cores and blow them up to launch the poor Hog through the windmill. It takes some setting up, but it's totally possible to do it in the current build of the game.

3D7thshot.jpg

Download the files here:

Small 3D Hogball screenshot - about 2 Megs

Large 3D Hogball Screenshot - about 8 Megs

Rotate this one slowly – there's a lot to see!

Happy Bungie Day!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
now that i look at it, i think it's the particle system just goofing up. If you count, there's actually 8 orbs (one's hiding very nicely) and there's a total of 8 things that went flying of the warthog. I think they were supposed to be smoke trails for the debris but they weren't trailing it ;)

GhaleonEB

The cool thing there is that they piled up a bunch of fusion cores, seperate items, and when it blows the explosion is one combined blast. In Halo when multiple grenades went off it was a series of discret explosions. This is much more realistic - it looks like one huge bomb going off. I hope they do the same for grenades and needlers (dual wielding + co-op = Grunt with 80 needles in him, waiting to blow. :) )

I celebrated Bungie Day by not going to work and playing Halo all night. Had one of the best capture the flag games ever. Then my friend severed my controller cord with the recliner accidentally.

Top Bottom