• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New JPN MGS Trading Figures

Spike

2.jpg

http://www.action-figure.com/Article13022.html

WarPig

Yeah, the set on the right is old (Raiden with the M4 and shit), but I remember only seeing the set on the left pretty recently. Snake in the Iroquois outfit is pretty sharp.

DFS.

WarPig

Heey, the guys at HobbyLink Japan have a better pic:

knm34001.jpg

Snake is rad, Emma is kinda cute, Fortune is okay, Vamp's chest hair looks stupid, Ninja's pose looks lousy, Fatman and Solidus are crap characters in general so fuck 'em.

DFS.

WarPig

aku:jiki said:
Are these of the "trading arts" variety?

If so: Love 'em. Hate how they're randomized.

Yeh. In Japan there are plenty of stores that'll sell you the exact ones you want at a modest markup, but otherwise it's kinda suck.

DFS.

bjork

WarPig said:
Yeh. In Japan there are plenty of stores that'll sell you the exact ones you want at a modest markup, but otherwise it's kinda suck.

DFS.

At my store we had a set of the MGS2 ones... complete set of color, including the chase. My boss put it in a nice glass display and priced it at $199.99. My price was far lower than that, and about two days before the payday that would've had me buying it, some girl came in and paid $212 or whatever it was after tax, and got the whole set.

Modest markups work, insane markups rarely pay off.

Takuan

They look good, but you can't really pick out the finer details. Still, for bout $6 each you can't really complain. I like the gun girl, dude kneeling in the huge parka, and trenchcoat man with two knives. I really need contacts in Japan. Anyone know how big these figures are and whether or not the stands come with 'em?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"At my store we had a set of the MGS2 ones... complete set of color, including the chase. My boss put it in a nice glass display and priced it at $199.99. My price was far lower than that, and about two days before the payday that would've had me buying it, some girl came in and paid $212 or whatever it was after tax, and got the whole set.
Modest markups work, insane markups rarely pay off."

$199.... for 7 (was it seven? My GF has the full set) 500 yen figures...

that's about $32 for the set.

Again, i'm wondering why i haven't got my lazy ass into gear and started making cash on these!

bjork

DCharlie said:
"At my store we had a set of the MGS2 ones... complete set of color, including the chase. My boss put it in a nice glass display and priced it at $199.99. My price was far lower than that, and about two days before the payday that would've had me buying it, some girl came in and paid $212 or whatever it was after tax, and got the whole set.
Modest markups work, insane markups rarely pay off."

$199.... for 7 (was it seven? My GF has the full set) 500 yen figures...

that's about $32 for the set.

Well, the conversation went something like this, with my boss.

"$200?"

"shiii min, is ko-lek-ti-bul, you cannot get no more! I see going for $500 onda eeebay!"

"I don't think anyone will buy it for $200."

"is okay, I like having nice stahf in display that not selling well. It look nice, no?"

Then when I finally sold it, I called him and told him someone bought it.

"Shii, someone stoopid"

Dead

well not really...yet
bjork said:

"$200?"

"shiii min, is ko-lek-ti-bul, you cannot get no more! I see going for $500 onda eeebay!"

"is okay, I like having nice stahf in display that not selling well. It look nice, no?"

"Shii, someone stoopid"
ahahahaha :lol

Meier

bjork said:

"$200?"

"Shii, someone stoopid"

:lol :lol :lol Great visualization.

bjork

This is the same man who asked me "how you spell dvd?"

I paused and didn't say anything, and he sorted it out.

Awesome boss, though. I like him. :)

Top Bottom