• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Kameo screens!

23881.jpg

23882.jpg

23883.jpg

23884.jpg

23885.jpg

23886.jpg

23887.jpg

23888.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Those textures are simply insane for a console. Great color scheme too. I hope RARE delivers this time, GBTG was a deception.

damn, looks amazing...

i am still praying for it to be suprisingly done for christmas and released for christmas.. dont want to wait til 2005 for this..

Rhage

This is looking better all the time.

But onto somewhat of a tangent, how does this .nl Xbox site get all this stuff? It seems to have the first new screenshots all the time.

shpankey

not an idiot
Damn, this looks amazing to me. And to say it looks like "shit" is laughable. I mean, look at Obi Wan or something... that looks like "shit".

Also, the textures are indeed godly. Just wow. I wonder how they did it? That's incredible.

If you watch the movies at IGN, you can see some serious screen tearing though (like worse than Splinter Cell 1) so all is not perfect.

Slo

Ok fine. It doesn't look like shit, but it does remind me a lot of a the old "GL" games like GLQuake and GLDoom. Like when somebody takes an old beaten down game and reskins it.

Edit: jedimike, do you have a link to any previews? If it's someting more interesting then a standard R&C clone I'll sure give it some play time.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
They still have 6 months to optimize that and lock the framerate at 30 fps. I sure hope Rare manages to do that otherwise I'll be quite pissed.
Locking Conker should be much more difficult than Kameo considering the technology used in the engine for that one. I still wonder how they managed to do that on a "simple" Xbox.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wasnt it concieved before R&C?

Not that its anything like R&C at all, but still.

Check Gamespot for previews.

I agree with you Slo. It s does look like shit. Forget that Rare is making it then check the screens again.

I dont see how anyone can say this looks "amazing".

aoi tsuki

i like what little of the "made for GC" art direction there was much better, but those are indeed some nice textures.

jedimike

seismologist said:
I agree with you Slo. It s does look like shit. Forget that Rare is making it then check the screens again.

I dont see how anyone can say this looks "amazing".

Take of the blinders...

Visually the game is looking very good and features some top notch visuals for both characters and environments, which is typical of a game from Rare. Kameo and her warrior allies are all rendered quite well and feature a high degree of detail. And I have to give Rare credit for giving Kameo herself a visual makeover from her original happy-go-lucky image to her present bad-ass self complete with tattoos and torn wings. While the game does have an overall cartoony look to it, everything still retains a high level of detail and texturing. While Kameo and her allies are visually impressive, the enemies are a bit of a mixed bag so far. Bosses are incredibly cool and most span multiple screens in scale which helps to set up some truly jaw-dropping fights.

Slo

So the game is sort of a platformer/beat-em-up except you can swap between a bunch of different Warriors to perform different tasks? That could be interesting if done really well, but I'm not thrilled so far. I'll look for some movies, maybe I'll come around to it.

madara

Sweet. Going to be hard to avoid getting xbox I see. There some type of collecting in this game? I'm afraid rare may gone overboard with the critism and take all of it out of their games. Call me crazy, but I do enjoy searching and collecting to a degree.

shpankey

not an idiot
I see the pain from the Rare buyout still permeates. lol at people in here trying to convince everyone this game looks like shit [just because it's from the traitor Rare]. Nintendo loyalty knows no bounds. ;)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The textures look great, as does the environment models. but I think all the characters have taken a turn for the worse. Its also interesting that all the face buttons are now occupied by the characters. Will actions all take place on the shoulder buttons?

CrisKre

You are wrong dude. This game doesn't look good, let alone excellent, and it has nothing to do with who owns rare. Kameo looked it best when presented via trailer on Rares buyout by microsoft. Since then it has gotten more and more stupid looking with each new group of pictures IMO. Coincidentally, the opposite has happened with Conker.

eso76

Uh ?
It looks °OK° in these stills, nothing more ! If it was yet another nameless platformer no one would be praising it or even noticing it !
Textures ? they may not be low res but they are not that well drawn or coloured.
Wall textures in Sonic Adventure's Windy Valley (dreamcast) were much better than anything shown in these pics...
Anyway, it did look real good in motion.

Slo

shpankey said:
I see the pain from the Rare buyout still permeates. lol at people in here trying to convince everyone this game looks like shit [just because it's from the traitor Rare]. Nintendo loyalty knows no bounds. ;)

I certainly hope you aren't talking about me.

Flynn

Wait until you see the cool particle effects married with the game.

In one part of the outdoor/castle level the place is on fire. Bits of ash float around and swirl as you move through them.

Also, when you kill goblins they ash out like the vampires in Blade II.

All pretty, but the gameplay is spot on -- and that's what really counts.

Barnimal

Banned
Culex said:
It's true. Most of the textures look better than that seen at 1280 x 1024 on PC. Kudos to however Rare pulled that off!

maybe my monitor is broken. high rez yes but those textures are simplistic as hell. reminds me of rayman on DC. nice clean textures but nothing WOW.

Put a check-mark by me for people who think the textures suck. Better than PC textures at 1280*? Dude, you need to sell what you're smoking because you could become rich.

Akira

The textures look fine to me. Not SUPAR HI-REZ but not nauseatingly blurry either. I'm looking forward to playing this. The gameplay sounds solid and interesting. Graphics are what you'd expect from a platformer taking advantage of the Xbox hardware. :thumbsup

geogaddi

Banned
So many dang quarter pipes! I get such a strong, uncontrollable desire to run towards one.

Great textures but Rare needs to work on its 'art'....... *hides*

Boy, I sure liked this better when it was never going to come out for the Gamecube. Now that it's never going to come out for the Xbox, I don't care.

Top Bottom