• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Killzone Screens

olimario

Banned
rico.jpg
helghasttank.jpg

5.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg

Environment in the first shot reminds me of Lost Kingdoms.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Find the HOSTS file inside C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc

WINDOWS or WINNT, depending on the OS you are using.

Delete everything inside it except this:

127.0.0.1 localhost

Panajev2001a said:
Find the HOSTS file inside C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc

WINDOWS or WINNT, depending on the OS you are using.

Delete everything inside it except this:

127.0.0.1 localhost

ourumov

Yes, the footage/animated gifs previously shown seemed to hint a great FPS, I even was interested in it which is rare considering I hate the genre...
But these ones (the ones of this thread) scream GENERIC.

I hope the game is good...Nearly 4 years since I played my last FPS.

Am I the only one who think the textures look like crap? Gameplay looks great though. Unfortunately, I only have so much time (getting old will do that to you), and it's either this or Halo 2, and the MC is my main man.

scarybore

Wario64 said:
I'm having doubts for this game

Indeed, having seen a video of this on Edge magazines E3 DVD cant say I was impressed. Looked like FPS by numbers, generic and lifeless. Hope they can prove me wrong as the PS2 is sorely lacking a excellent FPS.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The AI was my main concern.. there are too many videos of enemy AI just standing still while you circle strafe them.

Killbin

Banned
Killzone looks awesome. Nice to see people which are Halo fans...and are talking crap about Killzone. Well then, wait and see!

I think Area-51 might just sneak up on the PS2 and be the best FPS this year for the system. GoldenEye also looks to be improving as well. We shall see.

Killbin

Banned
CrimsonSkies said:
I think Area-51 might just sneak up on the PS2 and be the best FPS this year for the system. GoldenEye also looks to be improving as well. We shall see.
You really think Area51 and Goldeneye are going to surpass Killzone?! Yeah sure.....

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ratchet and Clank 3 might end being the best PS2 FPS shooter this year. Yes, you've read it right :p I'm playing the beta these days, and it's pretty damn awesome (and I'm not even that much of a fan of the series)

Killbin

Banned
Wario64 said:
Nice to see the Halo-fans/Xbots and Nintendists teaming up together to bash Killzone.
Like I said: Wait and see
I played it too. An awesome game. Even the mags are prising it.
So please, stop it! ;-)

HAOHMARU said:
The AI in Killzone reminded me of when I used to play Virtua Cop. And I'm not kidding.

That's not just the AI though, pacing of the game makes it feel like an arcade FPS. Instead of running in circles it's more deliberate and about positioning yourself to get a clean shot.

In a way it's plays more like Goldeneye, Breakdown, Virtua Cop, etc, and other console FPS. this can be good or bad.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Killbin said:
Nice to see the Halo-fans/Xbots and Nintendists teaming up together to bash Killzone.

Hey now, don't get me wrong, just cause my nick and avatar says otherwise, I'm more towards to the PS2 on the fanboy spectrum. Killzone's graphics look great and all but after hearing impressions from E3, I'm kinda worried that the game won't live to the hype

I think that Penny arcade thing is a bad attempt at mocking fanboys.
FF12s new battle system is awesome too. So are the PSP and DS.

BuddyC

seismologist said:
I think that Penny arcade thing is a bad attempt at mocking fanboys.
FF12s new battle system is awesome too. So are the PSP and DS.
No, the Penny-Arcade thing was how PA honestly felt.

Killbin

Banned
Wario64 said:
Hey now, don't get me wrong, just cause my nick and avatar says otherwise, I'm more towards to the PS2 on the fanboy spectrum. Killzone's graphics look great and all but after hearing impressions from E3, I'm kinda worried that the game won't live to the hype

I played the damn game. It was awesome! There are a lot of mags out there who made a first-look preview. They all loved it! But some poor people on some boards are bashing it. After that HALO-Killer bullshit, Killzone was the Nr.1-enemy for all the Xbots. Now come on ;-)
After all the hate from the Xbots and Nintendists......damn.... Killzone will be GOTYA2004 ;-p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
No, the Penny-Arcade thing was how PA honestly felt.
Well, Killzone aside, to say that PSP, DS and a new FFXII realtime battle system (which was LONG overdue) are shit, makes their E3 opinions irrelevant in my eyes.

Killbin

Banned
CrimsonSkiesWhy do you use this childish language?[/QUOTE said:
I read that: I think Area-51 might just sneak up on the PS2 and be the best FPS this year for the system. GoldenEye also looks to be improving as well. We shall see.

After a "childish" post I have to answer "childish";-)
Forget about that! Just wait and see. After playing Killzone and a lot of other FPS in the last years.. I TELL 'YA: That game is really good!
Wait until september. And if you still don't like it. Good. Play Halo 2 and everything is fine. Just stop this "fanboyish bashing".

fbcamp

Banned
The enemy ai in the videos I watched earlier this year were terrible. They would just run into your bullets like some kind of dark comedy act. Also the animation for deaths were terrible as were the animations for pretty much everything except the main characters arms.

IMO this game will be pure shit.

Killbin

Banned
CrimsonSkies said:
Eh? Area-51 is quite good. I don't know what you are talking about.

Jop, it IS good. I like it, too. But it isn't as good as Killzone!

fbcamp said:
The enemy ai in the videos I watched earlier this year were terrible. They would just run into your bullets like some kind of dark comedy act. Also the animation for deaths were terrible as were the animations for pretty much everything except the main characters arms.
That's the reason why they called it an Alpha-version, buddy!

fbcamp said:
IMO this game will be pure shit.
Oh boy *rolleyes*... yeah IYO!

Top Bottom