• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New low budget card introduced...The GeForce 6200

marsomega

card_shot_s.jpg

Press Release

AnandTech

Tech Report

Discuss...

marsomega

So far it looks like a nice card to me. But they should really price this around 99.99. The X700 vanilla blows it away completely. If it goes for 149.99, it will compete directly against the X700. It would be a great buy at 99.99.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I think the X700 XT is like 30-40% faster than a 9800 pro.

The X800 XT is about 150% to a 9800 pro faster by comparison.

ElyrionX

teh_pwn said:
I think the X700 XT is like 30-40% faster than a 9800 pro.

The X800 XT is about 150% to a 9800 pro faster by comparison.

No shit?

I bought my 9800 Pro only 4 months ago.........

marsomega

Watch out. Nvidia does not care whether vendors differentiate or not between the 6200 64bit version and the 128 bit version. So far this is only an PCI Express card, sicne Nvidia wants to off load all those AGP 5200's.

I want to play Half Life 2 and World of Warcraft, I have $150-200, my PC is a brand new Athlon 3200 whatever the better kind of processor is that I got like two months ago.

Assuming I buy this card in late October/early December, what should I get? I don't THINK I have PCI Express, just standard AGPxN. I also am not a super framerate whore, but as I have a 1280x1024 LCD monitor I'd like to be able to get at least 30 fps at that resolution.

Okay thank you!

teh_pwn

"No shit?

I bought my 9800 Pro only 4 months ago........."

Your card hasn't gone down in value that much. The X700XT is comparable in price, and it's only 30% faster. It offers almost nothing more in video effects. The next cards will with DX10.

You really can't compare to the X800 XT because it's $500.

teh_pwn

"I want to play Half Life 2 and World of Warcraft, I have $150-200, my PC is a brand new Athlon 3200 whatever the better kind of processor is that I got like two months ago.

Assuming I buy this card in late October/early December, what should I get? I don't THINK I have PCI Express, just standard AGPxN. I also am not a super framerate whore, but as I have a 1280x1024 LCD monitor I'd like to be able to get at least 30 fps at that resolution.

Okay thank you!"

AMD Barton 3200+ or AMD 64 3200+? Either way, I'm pretty sure you have AGP.

For $200, wait for the AGPX8 version of 6600GT or the X700 XT. The X700 XT probably runs Half Life 2 better.

I haven't seen reports for these cards, but generally evga is best for Nvidia, and built by Ati is best for Ati.

teh_pwn said:
AMD Barton 3200+ or AMD 64 3200+? Either way, I'm pretty sure you have AGP.

For $200, wait for the AGPX8 version of 6600GT or the X700 XT. The X700 XT probably runs Half Life 2 better.

AMD 64, and yes. AGP. When do those two cards come out? Any clue what the pricing/manufacturers/configurations will be? Thanks again.

teh_pwn

Last I heard the suggested prices were either $200 or $250, and they were supposed to come out sometime this month. But this is 1 month old info. I haven't been looking at cards lately.

Top Bottom