• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS3 scan

Solid

It dosen't look so new but it's from Famitsu, so...

1709.jpg

Release: November 23rd in the US (lucky bas..) :p

DSN2K

sad to say this but im not convinced on the camo yet,

just seems like alot of work, how often were people switching camo in the E3 build from someone there ?

Lakitu

st5fu
DSN2K said:
sad to say this but im not convinced on the camo yet,

just seems like alot of work, how often were people switching camo in the E3 build from someone there ?

IIRC Kojima mentioned that you won't have to go around changing camos all the time, it's merely your choice, he said that if you wanted you'd be able to go around with a shirt off and just play the game

Those screens are pure sex btw

neptunes

I know some people here would probably prefer to play with the shirt off ;)

but if have it off during the night you'll catch a fever and the you have to search for special herbs to get you back to normal.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, you just know there's a HUGE twist in the game. We've seen like 200 screens of the game in the same locale. This game is soooo gonna' fugin own.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
AlphaSnake said:
Man, you just know there's a HUGE twist in the game. We've seen like 200 screens of the game in the same locale.
Let me guess, we are going to play as Big Boss in the first half then play as Solid Snake in the second?

Nameless

neptunes said:
I know some people here would probably prefer to play with the shirt off ;)

but if have it off during the night you'll catch a fever and the you have to search for special herbs to get you back to normal.

Seriously, The Jungle will probably account for about 4 hours of the game and who knows..My guess is the game will shift back to modern times with Snake back at the espionage helm.

Lakitu

st5fu
Kojima's confirmed that there won't be a character switch, the guy you see now, is the guy you'll be playing with all through the game.

I think many are hyping this twist up beyond belief and I'm sure it won't be as much as a twist Raiden was.

Greekboy

Banned
neptunes said:

I'm sure Snake is carrying some chronic on him. Don't worry.

belgurdo

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Man, you just know there's a HUGE twist in the game. We've seen like 200 screens of the game in the same locale. This game is soooo gonna' fugin own.

Snake in the jungle for 10 minutes then flash forward 40 years to the rest of the game featuring Raiden's VR training before MGS2

Socreges

Banned
Why does there even have to be a twist? I, for one, desperately hope that Konami keeps things modest this time.

I suspect most of the game will take place in the jungle. Or, at least, in and out of it. They developed a large part of the game around the setting, so to abandon it soon in would not be practical. Especially since it appears to work very well.

neptunes

Lisa Lashes said:
I'm sure Snake is carrying some chronic on him. Don't worry.

and oh yeah kojima said not all herbs are harmless, you have to call up on your radio to check which herbs aren't ;).

Socreges said:
Why does there even have to be a twist? I, for one, desperately hope that Konami keeps things modest this time.

given the title of this game it's almost certain that the "new age" solid snake will be in this game and that the game also takes place in the 1960's.

I think it's safe to assume that there will be some kind of switch or gimmick...cause snake can't travel back in time ;)

AlphaSnake said:

Kojima has said that 15 minutes into the game you get the games big twist. So for the E3 demo he had to remove the twist from it. I can't really think of what it'd be if its happening that fast unless it's revealing who the main character really is. That seems to be too simple of a twist so I don't think that'll be it.

Kudie

neptunes said:
I think it's safe to assume that there will be some kind of switch or gimmick...cause snake can't travel back in time ;)

Given the backlash from Raiden in MGS2, I don't think Kojima will do a character switch. But you never know with Kojima because he wants to make MGS the way he wants to.

My guess is that we will find out we are playing in a VR type of world or that the main character is Big Boss.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
It was really hard to get a grasp of the game at E3, seeing how there was too much going on to really immerse yourself in the game. It still felt awesome, though.

Kudie said:
Given the backlash from Raiden in MGS2, I don't think Kojima will do a character switch. But you never know with Kojima because he wants to make MGS the way he wants to.

My guess is that we will find out we are playing in a VR type of world or that the main character is Big Boss.

He did the VR Mission thing last time so I don't think that'll be it. It's almost certainly Big Boss at this point. Kojima did mention that he's played with the series timeline so alot of things could happen like Solid being the main character without any time travel/VRMission. Things we do know is that he's said there won't be any character swapping in the game, and there won't be any time leaping (like how MGS2 skipped years between Solid and Raidens missions).

Top Bottom