• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS3 screens...

They're small but they still look good:

p07.gif

p10.jpg

p11.jpg

p12.jpg

p13.jpg

p14.jpg

p15.jpg

p17.jpg

p18.jpg

p19.jpg

p20.jpg

p21.jpg

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psworld/game/features/040827/index.html

They mention that you can cut ropes on the suspension bridge and that you can sway it back and forth to get enemies to lose their balance.

Lakitu

st5fu
"They mention that you can cut ropes on the suspension bridge and that you can sway it back and forth to get enemies to lose their balance."

Wow that's freaking awesome!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
SolidSnakex said:
They mention that you can cut ropes on the suspension bridge and that you can sway it back and forth to get enemies to lose their balance.
Cool. I liked cutting the ropes on bridges in TWW.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oni Jazar said:
Isn't a good portion of this game indoors? There must be a lot we're not seeing.

That's a very good thing! I'm starting to think that some of these jungles segments are like an extended version of the Tanker in MGS2 and there is a WHOLE lot of stuff we just aren't seeing yet.

Laurent

dark10x said:
That's a very good thing! I'm starting to think that some of these jungles segments are like an extended version of the Tanker in MGS2 and there is a WHOLE lot of stuff we just aren't seeing yet.
I don't think so... Why would KCEJ works so hard on a new engine if most of the game is indoor, à la MGS2?!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Laurent said:
I don't think so... Why would KCEJ works so hard on a new engine if most of the game is indoor, à la MGS2?!

Yeah, you're right.

I do think there will be many more "non-organic" areas present in the game that just happened to be surrounded by the forest, though. Oh well, part of the fun is being suprised.

Lakitu said:
1/3 of the game is indoors.

Yep, by some of the descriptions given, the indoor level takes place in the middle of the game. The outdoor sections range everywhere from mountains to snow locations. Kojima's said there will be several different ways of getting into the indoor section also.

Laurent

dark10x said:
Yeah, you're right.

I do think there will be many more "non-organic" areas present in the game that just happened to be surrounded by the forest, though. Oh well, part of the fun is being suprised.
Although there MIGHT be suprises à la MGS2, I doubt that it will be a huge part of the game indoor. U.S.S.R. might not be the only country where Snake will need to infiltrate a jungle... 1/3 indoor is fine for me. The original MGS was 1/3 outdoor...

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Man, I can not wait for this game. Sorry, but I don't see any other game beating this out for GOTY on the PS2. I fucking need that OPM demo stat.

Top Bottom