• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new MK: Deception preview video

Anyanka

If the fatals are like the ones in the E3 video then I am not really too impressed by them. I don't know what it is, but the MKDA fatals were the same way. Overly long and elaborate or something. Like Scorpion ripping off their arms and beating them is going to get old fast. Plus some of them are really unoriginal. Sindel and Ermac have MK3 fatalities and one of Mileena's is way too close to Scorpion's arm rip. The arm rip itself isn't even very interesting, as Jax did it to a lesser degree in II and 4.

I wasn't really impressed at all with the early screens of Deception, but I have to say, I'm beginning to get very interested in this game. It looks like it may be more of a return to the first 3 games.

Agent X

I just got finished watching this a few minutes ago. I'm quite impressed with it! They're definitely taking Mortal Kombat in a fresh, new direction. In particular, the interaction with the arenas seems to be among the best ever in a fighting game.

The side games all look nifty, too. A board game, puzzle game, and even a role-playing game offer added gameplay beyond what you see in most traditional fighting games. All of them look like they'll be fun to play!

Agent X said:
The side games all look nifty, too. A board game, puzzle game, and even a role-playing game offer added gameplay beyond what you see in most traditional fighting games.

For a good fighter, like one that could cut it in the arcade, the core game is quite enough.

'Tho I guess I wasn't complaining during Tekken Ball or whatever.

Still, them ripping of Super Puzzle Fighter vexes me terribly.

Top Bottom