• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Model 2 emulator

btrboyev

http://nebula.emulatronia.com/

total re-write of nebula model...no real details yet other than its still in alpha. I haven't tested it out yet.

some feedback from a guy who has tested it

This is fantastic! There's a number of niggling bugs mind you*, but just compare to 0.9 and see how much better it is!

*biggest issues:
- Lockups getting out of full-screen mode
- Unload and Exit menu options not working
- Can't seem to calibrate second player in Behind Enemy Lines which means first player's gun isn't stored = unplayable
- No digital sound board audio yet e.g. Sega Touring Car and Top Skater music (this is mentioned in the readme mind you!)
- A number of rogue polygons still on ATI, but WAY better than 0.9 (these seem to mainly disappear if old geometrizer is used... but then the colours are worse)
- Some graphic issues when switching to full screen (Zero Gunner bullets vanish, corruption around edge of window (ATI mind you) and window scaling options appear when mouse is at edge of screen
- Virtual-On seems to go mad, running in a circle!
- Sega Touring Car spot effects extremely loud and distorted (back-fires etc)
- Sega Touring Car B edition has disappeared from game list

But the benefits? Way better graphics and lighting, seems faster in many games, addition of Zero Gunner Jap version, and more things no doubt...

Overall a good step, looking forward to version 0.2 (or whatever) so I can exit the emulator without alt F4! ;-)

cvxfreak

Sho Nuff said:
Ohhh snap!

shonuff.gif

Ohhh snap!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The bugs in the current version make me not want to.

Sho Nuff

Banned
You can actually jack up the native res to +1024x768 and it looks AMAZING, but it hard crashes when you exit full screen :(

BeOnEdge

Banned
wtf? it keeps telling me files are missing when the files are there. why doesnt it give you a directory to load from?

MASB

isamu said:
sounds great
What anime is your avatar from?

As for the emu, it's great that so many improvements have been made. Still not at a state that I would want to try it out, but still good news to hear.

Top Bottom