• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'OFFICIAL' theme for Windows XP / 2003 leaked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft Royale theme... I really like it... different from luna, but not too much. Comes from Media Center Edition 2005 beta...

MCE.2005.Royale.jpg

wb-royaledisp.gif

No DLL changing / 3rd party software needed...

get it at http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?id=352&catid=1

it's in the NFO file... just extract the folder into C:\windows\resources\themes and double click on the msstyle file or whatever...

Cool, this looks really nice! I just installed it. Thanks!

Malakhov: Download the rar from the website PM linked to, then extract it to your [drive letter]\windows\resources\themes directory. Finally, click on Royale.msstyles and hit OK. Simple as that!

EDIT: Beaten.

make sure you don't have the nfo file selected... and in the extract box tell it to extract all files...

EDIT: and to clarify--this is actually a Visual Style, not a theme... the original shots i saw had a nice background as well. I'm still looking for the background shown in the screenshots at neowin.net

Malakhov said:
Well something is wrong cause when I use winrar and extract I only get the info file.

Did you have only the .nfo file highlighted? Make sure nothing is highlighted, or make sure everything is. Then hit "extract all."

Che

Banned
Will this make my XP slower or it'll be as fast (or should I say slow) as with the current theme?

Suerte

Erm, am I the only one to think by looking at those screens this looks just the same as the default XP theme?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Suerte said:
Erm, am I the only one to think by looking at those screens this looks just the same as the default XP theme?

Nope, I feel the same way. I haven't used the default theme in a long time, maybe that's why. It's just a slightly different shade of blue as far as I can tell.

My biggest problem with the default WinXP style is still there, that nasty green start button.

nice. I wish there was a way to edit the start button because neon green is something I don't want to see, but oh well.

The Nintendo styles are better anyways. :p

EDIT: Has anyone tried the FFXI style? It's very nice.

oh yeah, how do you get your default trashcan back after using the nintendo style manager? It always stays the same, even when I restart and tell it to go back to normal and everything. I tried even doing it manually through the control panel but that doesn't work either. bah.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Actually, going into your desktop properties and choosing either Windows XP or (preferably) Crystal gives you a VERY complimentary desktop image.

ced

Hmm I think I still like the silver theme.

How come the programs menu is still white, that kind of ruins the whole theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom