• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Paper Mario 2 scans and 3 commercials

Solid

From Gamefront.

papermario1.jpg

papermario2.jpg

http://tokyo.cool.ne.jp/p4-841/paper_mario_rpg_01_15.mpg
http://nagoya.cool.ne.jp/bouhimajin1/papermariorpg_2_15.mpg
http://saga.cool.ne.jp/warzard2/papermario_rpg_03_15.mpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I could just eat this game up. Thanks for the info.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Lucky Japanese get to have this game in a little over two weeks. Oh well, at least it won't take Nintendo too long to translate for October (as opposed to Namco which has taken a year with ToS).

Those commercials rock though.

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like a baby Yoshi is indeed going to be one of the partners in the game. Must buy.

effzee

those commercials were beautiful. the coin ring in the begining...love it. this game is just going to be great. when he rolls into paper and slids under the cage door...AMAZinG!!

AniHawk

Eric-GCA said:
Lucky Japanese get to have this game in a little over two weeks. Oh well, at least it won't take Nintendo too long to translate for October (as opposed to Namco which has taken a year with ToS).

Those commercials rock though.

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like a baby Yoshi is indeed going to be one of the partners in the game. Must buy.

Namco had to also find voice actors and make sure to tell them not to act too. I'm sure that took up a bit more time.

effzee said:
those commercials were beautiful. the coin ring in the begining...love it. this game is just going to be great. when he rolls into paper and slids under the cage door...AMAZinG!!

Every commercial for a Nintendo game starts with the coin.

Deg said:
Tekken 4 has a very good Englsih Translation.
I'm not sure if that's a joke or what, but I'm laughing.

I very well may be importing this. In fact, yeah, I think I will.

By the way, the difference with Nintendo's games (besides the fact that their localization teams are amazing and their quality standards are very, very high) is that they do the English version concurrently with the Japanese one. With a game like ToS, I don't believe they started the localization process until the game was in stores.

Meier

Ferrarisimo said:
What the hell. Why is the narrator speaking Japanese in a heavy American accent?

Because it's pretty clearly an American speaking :p It would be kind of neat if they used these commercials in America too and just dubbed them at the same time.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
If I only buy one game for the rest of the year, it'll be this one.

Meier said:
Because it's pretty clearly an American speaking :p It would be kind of neat if they used these commercials in America too and just dubbed them at the same time.

That's silly. That would be like Sony ending all of their North American game commercials with some Japanese chick whispering "Puray-stay-shon."

...oh wait.

Eric-GCA

Banned
I think its actually taking Nintendo less time to translate this than it took with the original Paper Mario, because if I remember correctly, the original was released in Japan around this time, but did not make release in the US until February of the following year.

Eric-GCA said:
I think its actually taking Nintendo less time to translate this than it took with the original Paper Mario, because if I remember correctly, the original was released in Japan around this time, but did not make release in the US until February of the following year.

With localization as streamlined as it is in some companies, there's no reason why Nintendo can't release its big games to all regions simultaneously.

Ferrarisimo said:
With localization as streamlined as it is in some companies, there's no reason why Nintendo can't release its big games to all regions simultaneously.
Oh, they certainly CAN. But more goes into the planning of a release calendar than if the game is done or not.

Top Bottom