• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Perry Bible Fellowship 08/25

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey79

perrybible.jpg

Willco

Hollywood Square
... bizarre.

EDIT: Eh, it's kind of grown on me with the second panel of cute, little puppies. Not the guy's best effort, though.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Not well drawn. It's hard to tell what the fuck is going on in the last two panels. Did the aliens just blow up the ship of cute puppies or what? Plus, I can't read the valentine.

Willco

Hollywood Square
demon said:
Not well drawn. It's hard to tell what the fuck is going on in the last two panels. Did the aliens just blow up the ship of cute puppies or what?

We considering the Valentine is in the middle of the explosion, I'm assuming it's the puppies.

monkey79

It appears in Panel 3 that the alien admiral is touched by the valentine. He then responds by blowing up their ship. The looks on the dog's faces makes it funny.

demon

Ok....it's grown on me too. Typical of his humor. Poor puppies, they just wanted to be loved.

Gattsu25

Banned
the puppies' valentine launcher can be seen in both panel 1 and the explosion

the aliens blasted the puppies

the comic sucks

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I too think the puppies blew up the aliens. The valentine touched the alien commander, and then the cute puppies killed them while their gaurd was down.

Edit: Nevermind, that cant be right.. the shape of the ship firing and the shape of the dogs ships are completely different, and you can see a bit of the dogs ship with the star in the blast.

The comic really does work either way.

3phemeral

I think the comic says "we wuv you", but anyhoo... the direction is sort of confusing. I like the idea but it gets muddled in the drawing composition. The reaction time from the story to the joke for his better ones are a little more instant than that :p

demon

Definitely the aliens blew up the puppies. Look at the star on top of the puppy ship in panel 1. Then look at the large piece of debri in the last panel...there's a star on top of it.

It would have been better if he made it more clear who was blown up, and if the puppies had blown up the aliens.

3phemeral

MrPing1000 said:
I think its the aliens that get blown up. Their commander is touched by their valentine then the puppies unleash hell :p

Naw, if you look at the explosion you can see the panel with a star embedded on the hull -- compare that to the first panel and you see the puppies with the same spaceship design.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
MrPing1000 said:
I think its the aliens that get blown up. Their commander is touched by their valentine then the puppies unleash hell :p

look at the last panel...you can see the star from the puupies' ship... the top piece flying off

Guzim

Puppies got blown up because if you look at their ship, they have a heart on it, and if you look at the explosion, it has a heart in it.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
It's the puckering anus-monsters of Omicron Persei 8. Ahhhhh!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
AeroGod said:
..because the jokes are too confusing and require explanation?

Because it isn't funny?

(I like PA... but sometimes... it does suck ass... but hey it is free! :D )

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Pretty good -- certainly not his best, but not bad, either.

It's a nice recovery from last week, in any event.

Socreges

Banned
I think the joke is that the puppies had the best of intentions, but Shlork felt threatened and destroyed them.

It's ok. Next week will be better!

thomaser

As I see it, the intent of the earth-people was to soften the aliens' hearts by sending the loving puppets. But, as the third panel shows, the aliens are not at all similar to what WE think is cute. For all we know, the alien in the third panel could be extremely cute on their planet, and in their view, the puppets could be absolutely gruesome. So they blast them because they see the puppets as horrendous, evil creatures in much the same way as we would see them, the aliens. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom