• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(New photo from Beta) Halo 2 headset

Thanks to Watch Impress jp for pictures.

halo18.jpg

halo16.jpg

halo19.jpg

halo21.jpg

halo17.jpg

halo14.jpg

halo04.jpg

halo03.jpg

halo05.jpg

halo06.jpg

halo08.jpg

halo09.jpg

crumbs

I cancelled my Live subscription last year because I wasn't using it, but I may have to bite the bullet and re-up.

raYne

I've been on Live since the beta testing days but nowadays I'm never on it. Still, it's only 50 bucks a year, so I don't mind keeping it so that I can play the "big" games online as well as a few old favorites.

Back on topic I'll definitely pick up the headset... if and only if my current one happens to go bad heh.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
but do you $49.99 love those headphones?

(btw: those pics are from the beta press event last month... in fact, i think i was bungie04c fragging frankie :)

LukeSmith

chespace said:
but do you $49.99 love those headphones?

(btw: those pics are from the beta press event last month... in fact, i think i was bungie04c fragging frankie :)

I might $49.99 those headphones, since my current headset is in several pieces and I tire of having to gerry-rig it every time I want to see someone cheat in Rainbow.

WOAH Check out how the plasma pistol reticule and the SMG reticule merge to form a single one! That's bloody great! Did anyone else notice this?

COCKLES

being watched
Dr.Guru of Peru said:
Unrelated to the Beta, but I hope you dont fight the Flood anymore in the single player.

I'd expect at least a cameo.

The Flood level was one of the best levels EVER in a videogame...it was just the library afterwards that was tedious.

raYne

That's ridiculous, is this the confirmed MSRP from Microsoft?
http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/245526.asp It's not MS, but that's close enough for me.

WOAH Check out how the plasma pistol reticule and the SMG reticule merge to form a single one! That's bloody great! Did anyone else notice this?
Nice eye man, I never noticed that.

The Flood level was one of the best levels EVER in a videogame...it was just the library afterwards that was tedious.
I must be the only person on earth that didn't mind the flood level, I just play through it with the "Alien" movie mentality. Oh Noes! Swarms of alien! Fire! FIRE!!

Mike,

That'd be pretty cool... especially considering I ordered the SE already. That said, MS isn't that generous.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
EBGames said:
-Engineered specifically for Xbox and Halo 2
-Optimized speaker maximizes the audio directly to your inner ear for amazing sound that immerses you in the game
-Noise-canceling microphone amplifies your voice relative to other game sounds
-Adjustable micorphone boom provides ideal positioning - away from surround sound
-Exceptionally light and balanced, with selectable earbuds for a custom fit
-One-Ear-Fit allows gamers to be completely absorbed in the game while keeping a social ear on what's up in the room
-For serious gamers - can be worn on either ear for extended play
Oh I see these are high-quality headsets not just the rudimentary ones with a new look and paintjob. Still the price is way too high for me (my headset works perfectly).

Yeah I don't see this being packed with the LE set, maybe they'll have a package deal (like $10 off) if you buy it with the game.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
for me, it's a must buy. the regular headset sticks to the top of my ear and absolutely hurts when taking it off after a couple hours.

SyNapSe

TekunoRobby said:
Oh I see these are high-quality headsets not just the rudimentary ones with a new look and paintjob. Still the price is way too high for me (my headset works perfectly).

Yeah I don't see this being packed with the LE set, maybe they'll have a package deal (like $10 off) if you buy it with the game.

There was a thread dedicated to this a while back, but yes they are a Plantronics headset, sot he quality should be very good.

COCKLES

being watched
DopeyFish said:
for me, it's a must buy. the regular headset sticks to the top of my ear and absolutely hurts when taking it off after a couple hours.

Tell me about it. I hate the default one. Then again, I can't wear any headphones except buds...

Top Bottom