• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS2 to be released Oct 14th???

I'm actually thinking about buying this to put in my studio. That way I got a DVD player and a CD player. And the occasional Ape Escape when I feel like it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I say the release date is false, didn't Sony announce it'll release in November? So why the date change all of a sudden?

Sony said it would be in stores by November 1, not on November 1.

I would imagine it will be similar to what happened when the SCPH-50001 was released, with different stores getting their stock in at different times. Sony is probably treating this as just another Playstation revision, rather than a new product launch.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Here's some more info. regarding the new PS2:

[Source: EBGames conference call; 9/22]

- The new PS2 will be in limited supply when it debuts for electronic stores retail chains.

- EBGames will be allocated 12,000 units on a NATIONWIDE level come this middle of October.

- EBGames priority for the new PS2 will go to preorders only. 9,000 units will be allocated for those that RESERVE. The remaining 3,000 units will be distributed to the region/district that get the most preorders. These 3,000 pieces will then be available to walk-in customers.

- The new PS2 street date is Oct. 15th. However this could change due to supply from Sony. The fallback date is sometime during week of Oct. 25th.....to coincide with the release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. If distribution comes to worse, then the PS2 will be available Nov. 1st.

- If you want to secure a new PS2 from EBGames, the presell deposit is now $20 dollars.....up from the initial $10 dollar deposit.

Bottom line: If you want to secure this sexy new PS2 this October, you had better reserve it or be you'll be disappointed.

Sysgen

I don't understand this limited supply thing. Are you saying they are still going to distribute the larger PS2? If you're not then you are saying that the new PS2 distribution overall is going to be limited. Neither makes sense.

Top Bottom