• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW PSM Scores - Who got a 10?

Courtesy of DirectorBG at the IGN PS2GB :)

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - 10

Rumble Roses - 7
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW - 8
Mortal Kombat: Deception - 8
NBA Live 2005 - 9
Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity - 6
Castle Shikigami 2 - 6
ESPN NBA 2K5 - 9
TMNT2: Battle Nexus - 5
Ty 2: Bush Rescue - 7
THUG 2: World Destruction Tour - 8
Monster HUnter - 8
Nightmare of Druaga - 5.5
Star Ocean Till the End of Time - 7.5
TOCA Race Driver 2 - 9
SD Gundamn Force: SD - 5.5
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - 7.5
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - 7.5
Blood Will Tell - 7.5
Rocky: Legends - 7.5
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction - 8
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone - 8.5
Technic Beat - 8
ChoroQ - 5
Gungrave Overdose - 5.5

I'd be shocked if PoP: Warrior Within can get GOTY from any publication....
Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, GTA: San Andreas, Gran Turismo 4.
edit: forgot Half Life 2.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They already reviewed Castle Shikigami? Damn, I heard that game got pushed way back. I suppose it was for marketing reasons, that game had no chance of survival this holiday. Meh, I'll just stick to the Dreamcast version.

Poor Nightmare of Druaga. I was going to get it until I saw the $39.99 price tag at Ebgames, I'll wait for that bad boy to drop a bit. $19.99 is the sweet spot, I just need a little classic dungeon crawling in my life...but not at more than $20 :)

I'm very surprised they gave Prince of Persia 2 a perfect score. Maybe I was blinded by all the hate, but I didn't see that coming. Some people just don't understand my teen angst, the same goes for the prince. :lol

Glad to see PSM understood Monster Hunter, I know some people that have been waiting for a great score.

They suck for messing with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne though. Leave my baby alone!

belgurdo

Banned
Nightmare of Druaga-5.5? Ouch.

Timestalkers has made me wary of J-dungeon crawlers, and even though I usually don't follow reviews, I'll take this to heart and get it off Ebay for cheap

sonycowboy said:
Courtesy of DirectorBG at the IGN PS2GB :)

Rumble Roses - 7
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW - 8
Mortal Kombat: Deception - 8
NBA Live 2005 - 9
Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity - 6
Castle Shikigami 2 - 6
ESPN NBA 2K5 - 9
TMNT2: Battle Nexus - 5
Ty 2: Bush Rescue - 7
THUG 2: World Destruction Tour - 8
Monster HUnter - 8
Nightmare of Druaga - 5.5
Star Ocean Till the End of Time - 7.5
TOCA Race Driver 2 - 9
SD Gundamn Force: SD - 5.5
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - 7.5
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - 7.5
Blood Will Tell - 7.5
Rocky: Legends - 7.5
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone - 8.5
Technic Beat - 8
ChoroQ - 5
Gungrave Overdose - 5.5

rumble roses: :O

The POP score is stellar - can someone give a reference score that they gave for POP one?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
DarienA said:

WTF?

lol, it's crazy but if you want a fun demolition derby game...this thing delivers in all it's white trash glory. It achieves it's goals quite well.

You know...SMT: Nocturne is not exactly piling up the worldbeater scores...

Mrbob

Oh hell no.

Is the most overrated game of 2003 gonna have a sequel that is the most overrated game of 2004? Final version must be MUCH, MUCH better than the demo.

pilonv1

Isn't it more combat focused? And if the combat is anything like the first one I can't imagine I'll enjoy it. I guess we will wait and see.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
pilonv1 said:
Isn't it more combat focused? And if the combat is anything like the first one I can't imagine I'll enjoy it. I guess we will wait and see.

Have you read ANYTHING about the sequel at ALL? Obviously not.

snapty00

Banned
I thought the first one was kinda shitty. I would've never even played it had Matt C. at IGN not splooged over it like it was The Second Coming. After that, I learned not to trust him.

ferricide

Musashi Wins! said:
You know...SMT: Nocturne is not exactly piling up the worldbeater scores...
it's certainly not for everyone. however, EGM gave it 8, 8.5, 9.0. (i was the 8.5.)

it's not without its quirks. to say the very least. but it's got many, many fine features as well.

wait... not for everyone.. what did it get in GI? ROFL

... sorry, andy, if you're reading this. =P

at least they didn't give SO3 a higher score than it. anyone who does is wrong. sorry, jeremy, if you're reading this. =)

POP2 looks better than a lot of other things coming down the pipe to my eyes. Sure the art design has diverged from the original however if you want the original then go play it. I can't wait for this one personally.

demi

it obviously got a 10 because it was soooo mature, am i rite guys?

ty 2 got a 7 because it's obviously made for kids, am i rite guys?

guys?

teiresias

I just pray whoever came up with the spawn rates in the first game was disciplined, maimed, fired, and denied workers comp after that attrocity. I still have yet to get past the "elevator" in the first game. Stupid game.

teiresias said:
I just pray whoever came up with the spawn rates in the first game was disciplined, maimed, fired, and denied workers comp after that attrocity. I still have yet to get past the "elevator" in the first game. Stupid game.

Spawn rates? Once you kill the enemies in an area, they never come back.

Ranger X

People don't understand the "new" meaning of 10/10 for a game. Nowaday it's only meaning: "this game is as good as it can get" or again "as good as you wished for". Many games get 10 now or almost 10 and it doesn't mean "perfection" anymore.

Now people will have unrealistic hopes about POP2, will be deceived and then the bad talk about the game could go against the sales.
If the game was a 9, everybody would be interested, would maybe not be deceived because their expectation would have been lower and then less bad talk. More sales.
People are fucking told what to like.

Oh yeah, POP2 is really good. Not a 10 in my personal logic (because to me 10 = perfection = impossible) but a fucking good score. And to be playing it quite regularly i would even say it corrects many flaws of the first game. I'm buying.

Mrbob

Deepthroat said:
Quote:

HATERZ LOOOSE!!!! FUCK YEAH!

No. Reviewers lose. After the PoP review debacle and the underwhelming PoP2 demo available (Download it yourself if you like) I'm going to take every PoP2 review with a huge grain of salt.

Wyzdom said:
I'm buying.

blah blah. you should state that you work for Ubisoft - your post was nothing more than a thinly disguised infomercial.

I'm waiting for the bargain bin. Got POP one for like $13 like I mentioned. Not sure if it was worth it.

I'm just going to go right ahead and say no.

Though I haven't played the final version, I can say with confidence that this will not be anywhere near a "perfect" title.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
JasoNsider said:
I'm just going to go right ahead and say no.

Though I haven't played the final version, I can say with confidence that this will not be anywhere near a "perfect" title.

Have you tried the demo yet?

Deku Tree

Overall, UBI games seem to be getting alot of praise in the gaming press in the last few years. I'm not doubting that they're good games, but outside of BG&E they haven't made a game that I personally enjoyed.

dark10x said:
Have you tried the demo yet?

I've seen it being played, but haven't actually touched the "controls" myself. I can't get over the fact that the game has shifted to gory violence and blatantly obvious "angst" themes that were surely aimed towards young teens.

Top Bottom