• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Riviera (GBA SRPG) video...

Wow, this game is simply stunning for a GBA game, and yes it does need to get picked up and brought over here. Though, I can't say I think that will happen.

jarrod

Banned
Well, you never know... it looks like something that'd be right up Atlus USA's alley. UbiSoft picked up Lunar and AGH so they might look into it. Konami Digital's hungry for RPGs reportedly and St!ng's part of the Konami Group... I'd say this has a better chance than Tales of Phantasia anyway. :p

jarrod said:
Well, you never know... it looks like something that'd be right up Atlus USA's alley. UbiSoft picked up Lunar and AGH so they might look into it. Konami Digital's hungry for RPGs reportedly and St!ng's part of the Konami Group... I'd say this has a better chance than Tales of Phantasia anyway. :p

Haha, well maybe so, I could definitely see Atlus doing it at least. I'm just at tad too pessimistic these days.

Hm, isn't this from a series, or am I mistakening it? I can't remember if it was from a smaller series or just a remake.

jarrod

Banned
FoneBone said:
Also, this is a Wonderswan remake, right?
Yep. Bandai's publishing it too iirc.

DarthWufei said:
Hm, isn't this from a series, or am I mistakening it? I can't remember if it was from a smaller series or just a remake.
I *think* it's just a WSC remake but I'm not sure....

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
jarrod said:
Right here!!

Atlus, UbiSoft, Mastiff, Konami.... someone really needs to bring this one here. Might just be St!ng's best game ever. :)

IC has been talking a lot about this... it looks pretty cool, interesting combination of gameplay styles. I'd love to see it come to the US, too. Along with ESPGaluda :p As for it being St!ng's best game ever... that's not too hard to be :D Actually, I thought Treasure Hunter G and Evolution had some sort of charm :p Never played Baroque though.

Soul4ger

djtiesto said:
IC has been talking a lot about this... it looks pretty cool, interesting combination of gameplay styles. I'd love to see it come to the US, too. Along with ESPGaluda :p As for it being St!ng's best game ever... that's not too hard to be :D Actually, I thought Treasure Hunter G and Evolution had some sort of charm :p Never played Baroque though.

Baroque is actually my favorite of the bunch. Atmospheric as all hell.

Pellham

Banned
looks interesting but can you explain to me why you think this is an SRPG? looks like a normal RPG to me.

I'd be impressed if the voice samples were actually in the game, and of that quality (from the movie)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Looks fantastic.

But Ubi Soft, keep the FUCK away. Your poorly trained monkeys failed mildly in localizing Lunar, and failed miserably with AGH.

C'mon Atlus...

jarrod

Banned
djtiesto said:
As for it being St!ng's best game ever... that's not too hard to be :D
Yeah, though generally I think their games are better than they're given credit for. List!!

-Last Batallion (X86000) 1991
-Treasure Hunter G (SFC) 1996 (Square)
-Shinkisekai Evolution (DC) 1999 (ESP)
-Baroque (Saturn) 1999 (ESP)
-Baroque: Bent Illusion (PS1) 1999 (ESP)
-Shinkisekai Evolution 2: Far Off Promise (DC) 1999 (ESP)
-Shinkisekai Evolution: Hateshinai Dungeon (NGPC) 2000 (SNK)
-Baroque Shooting (Windows) 2000 (ESP)
-Baroque Syndrome (PS1) 2000 (ESP)
-Koguru GuruGuru (GBC) 2001
-悠香 Typing (Windows) 2001 (ESP)
-Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (WSC) 2001 (Bandai)
-Baroque Typing (Windows) 2002 (ESP)
-Riviera: Yakusoku no Chi (WSC) 2002 (Bandai)
-Shinkisekai Evolutia (GC) 2002 (ESP)
-Riviera: Yakusoku no Chi (GBA) 2004 (Bandai)

Pellham said:
looks interesting but can you explain to me why you think this is an SRPG? looks like a normal RPG to me.
Depends on your definition of normal... just be glad I didn't go with insertcredit's description (innovative sim rpg/galget/rhythm game). :/

You know, I'd actually been wondering a few days ago whatever became of Sting....

I suppose I shouldn't admit to spending my time actually thinking about such ideas

Top Bottom