• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New RPG from Level 5 on PSP?

Solid

http://www.gamefront.de/

27.10.04 - Sony communicates that level 5 (Dragon Quest VIII, Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2) was assigned the development of a game of roles for PSP.
On the homepage von Level 5 last year became a Artwork with the title 'Next RPG' and a copyright note of Sony publishes; possibly it already
concerns a first draft for the PSP play announced today. Release: TBA (Japan).

new.jpg

:(

All of this positive PSP news. I should feel excited, and I am. But....I'm also in a lot of pain and sadness. The possibility that the final walls of Nintendo's gaming dominance crumbling are starting to be realized.

:(

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm seriously not trying to be an ass but wasn't this information already known? I distinctly remember that announcement and that picture. Even if it was posted already it's a great opportunity to repost it to coincide with all the PSP loving!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Cool, I'm in love with Dark Cloud 2. Best PS2 RPG, in my opinion. But I really hope that they have two projects in development. Dark Cloud PSP and Dark Cloud 3. I NEED a console Dark Cloud game.

jarrod

Banned
Grizzlyjin said:
Cool, I'm in love with Dark Cloud 2. Best PS2 RPG, in my opinion. But I really hope that they have two projects in development. Dark Cloud PSP and Dark Cloud 3. I NEED a console Dark Cloud game.
They do have two projects in development... Dragon Quest VIII and a ne PSP RPG. :)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
jarrod said:
They do have two projects in development... Dragon Quest VIII and a ne PSP RPG. :)

Dragon Warrior VIII is going to be the best thing since sliced, diced, and riced bread. No doubt about that. But I want a console Dark Cloud. :(

I guess the PSP and PS2 are close enough, not really a big deal. I'm just hoping they don't turn it into Dark Cloud Lite, you know? I want to see them pull another Dark Cloud 2, take the series to the next level again.

Grizzlyjin said:
I guess the PSP and PS2 are close enough, not really a big deal. I'm just hoping they don't turn it into Dark Cloud Lite, you know? I want to see them pull another Dark Cloud 2, take the series to the next level again.

I don't know DC2 is just about the only game that I think could do with a little streamlining. I loved the game but wouldn't be too offput if the next DC cut back a little bit on all the crazy extra stuff to really push the dungeon design and georama system to the next level.

acklame

awesome :D

http://psp.ign.com/articles/560/560954p1.html

New SCE RPG For PSP
The makers of Dragon Quest and Dark Cloud get to work on Sony's portable system.

October 27, 2004 - A few months ago, developer Level 5 revealed that it was working on a new game, on top of its work on Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2 and (at the time) True Fantasy Live Online for the Xbox. As the publisher for this mystery title was listed as Sony Computer Entertainment, many believed the game to be a new entry in the Dark Cloud series, which has been developed from the start by the developer. We also, for convenience, assumed the game was for the PS2.

Today, Sony Computer Entertainment revealed that we were wrong on both accounts. The mystery title is actually in development for the PSP, not for the PS2. Additionally, the game is an original RPG, which rules out a sequel to Dark Cloud.

That's all that SCE saw fit to reveal today, unfortunately. We presume more details will come our way once Level 5 finishes work on Dragon Quest VIII.

-- Anoop Gantayat

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Seriously, what the fuck is up with these developers who just have to make their cities have ridiculously large structures with little crafts hovering around them and don't forget that one giant hovering aircraft!

ferricide

belgurdo said:
NO OUR PROMO ART DOESN'T LOOK LIKE FINAL FANTASY XII'S AT ALL NO SIR
compositionally, maybe, but the palatte and style are pretty different.

and that art is older than the hills. i doubt it has much to do with the PSP game, but i could be wrong.

hopefully the PSP game is not as tediously gay and juvenile (story / character wise) as dark cloud 2.

jiggle

I'd love a game from them that focuses on an even more expanded georama system, and non-random dungeons.

Kinda like the town building part of Dragon Quest, but with the flexibility of georama.
And since they are making the new Dragon Quest game, my wish just may come true:)

Top Bottom