• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sengoku Basara 3 Hype Thread

Grzi

Mitsunari looks like a nice replacement for Kenshin, but I'm still kinda sad that Kenshin won't be playable.
Why do that? :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This is a day 1 for me. Basara 2 was fantastic, and I've been waiting for Basara 3 for way too long.

Flushing out old characters isn't so bad when you think about the historical accuracy, but the lack of Takeda Shingen is truly sad.

But hey, as long as it has Masamune Date, I'm totally cool.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I doubt all those characters will be DLC, and if they are, they certainly won't have their own story modes.

I'd bet on an expansion next year.

Damn sexy JP VA cast. I hope they keep it here, must be that English is not my first language but I don't find Musou-esque so-bad-it-has-to-be-good dubs any fun. Will play anyway, its not Devil Kings after all.

Xater

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Damn sexy JP VA cast. I hope they keep it here, must be that English is not my first language but I don't find Musou-esque so-bad-it-has-to-be-good dubs any fun. Will play anyway, its not Devil Kings after all.

True. Would be cool if Capcom can keep the Japanese voices or make them at least optional.

SazerVisuel said:
Capcom, I still kinda love you guys, but please don't be like NamcoBandai when it comes to DLC.

even better, skip that shit altogether and deliver a complete game from the first day on.

i also demand japanese voices, they're just too good.

Xater

Augemitbutter said:
even better, skip that shit altogether and deliver a complete game from the first day on.

i also demand japanese voices, they're just too good.

Especially Masamune Date. I love that voice for that character.

Shadow780

thetrin said:
This is a day 1 for me. Basara 2 was fantastic, and I've been waiting for Basara 3 for way too long.

Flushing out old characters isn't so bad when you think about the historical accuracy, but the lack of Takeda Shingen is truly sad.

But hey, as long as it has Masamune Date, I'm totally cool.

Yeah....let's not kid ourselves with that reason when the game features Honda Gundam and female Magoichi. :lol

My guess would be Super Sengoku Basara 3: the Return of Demon Clan.

Erigu

Lyte Edge said:
I doubt all those characters will be DLC, and if they are, they certainly won't have their own story modes.
I'd bet on an expansion next year.
This, most likely.

As for the cast... Well, Kobayashi implied that there would be many characters, so even with the NPCs, I guess that means a bunch of new faces. Which is probably a good thing (even if I do wonder if Tsuchibayashi still is the character designer this time around... huh).
I don't mind waiting for a future expansion if that means a 40/50+ cast in the end... Well, I don't mind that much... If they don't take years to release it.
... Well, OK, I guess I do mind a little.

But I'm more concerned about the overall tone of the game, right now. It all seems so... "serious", so far (will we even get some Zabby?).
They also seem intent on having one big story centered around Sekigahara, and I think I'll be missing the "don't think too hard about all this: each story is set in its own parallel universe anyway" feeling of the previous games.
It's like Sengoku Basara is trying to be more like Sengoku Musô (when Sengoku Musô is trying to become more like Sengoku Basara). I'm more of a Sengoku Basara-kind of guy, so I'm not too thrilled about that...

Shadow780 said:
Yeah....let's not kid ourselves with that reason when the game features Honda Gundam and female Magoichi. :lol
And Môri still around and kicking, and Tsuruhime who died pretty much when Ieyasu was born...
The Sengoku Basara series has never been big on historical accuracy, and I'd argue it should stay that way.

TreIII

Erigu said:
But I'm more concerned about the overall tone of the game, right now. It all seems so... "serious", so far (will we even get some Zabby?).

Well, it may be a bit more serious this time around in tone, there are still things that do more to remind that BASARA's playful nature is still very much here.

For example: Naoe Kanetsugu. He's become a bit more "special" of a grunt general thanks to that love crest, but he's STILL talks all that "MUTEKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!" nonsense from before. :lol

So, I'm thinking that it's still going to end up being half-n-half, just like BASARA before. I mean, in HEROES, we had "serious!" stuff like Oichi and Kotaro's storylines, but then we got "TAKEDA DOJO~!" with Yukimura.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same type of thing happens here. Especially since there are supposedly multiple routes per character.

Also, Mitsuhide's seiyuu was quoted recently on saying that he will "transform" and get into the game.

Either that hints at the possibility of his daughter, Gracia, joining the cast, or maybe, even further, it hints that they're going with the idea that Mitsuhide became a monk and some how escaped his canonical demise. Either of which, would be gravy in my eyes. :D

This thread needs more motorcycle horses:
mcxe0x.jpg

Also: Otani's eyes staring into your soul!
vhf4pi.png

AAK

That's the worst looking PS3 game I've ever seen. You'd think Capcom could do better than Koei.

TreIII

AAK said:
That's the worst looking PS3 game I've ever seen.

It's an upscaled Wii game. This was pretty much already established when the first few shots of in game footage came out last year, and only driven home when the impressions from World Hobby Fair stated that the differences between the two games was rather minimal (more enemies and draw distance for the PS3 version).

So, it is what it is. For Capcom, it just means that they (ideally) get to sell BASARA to as wide of a fan base as possible. And given that the fangirls are more likely to play a Wii game than pick up a PS3 controller, this was likely a wise decision. :lol

Erigu

TreIII said:
Naoe Kanetsugu. He's become a bit more "special" of a grunt general thanks to that love crest, but he's STILL talks all that "MUTEKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!" nonsense from before. :lol
True. But I expect his appearances to be rather short. :lol

in HEROES, we had "serious!" stuff like Oichi and Kotaro's storylines
Then again, even Oichi's story mode (as "serious" as it was) always makes me laugh. Yanderanger, go!
She probably won't be in Sengoku Basara 3, huh? I'm going to miss her...

And yeah, I hope it's still going to be a nice mix of seriousness (kinda) and silliness (definitely)... But if even Yukimura isn't allowed to go OYAKATA SAMA! like a young puppy anymore...

Also, Mitsuhide's seiyuu was quoted recently on saying that he will "transform" and get into the game.
Ho?
"Transform", huh? As in "bakeru"? "Come back as a ghost", considering he's supposed to be dead and all?
It'd be nice if he had some lines anyway, indeed.
(some Wakamoto as well, Capcom, while you're at it!)

AAK said:
That's the worst looking PS3 game I've ever seen. You'd think Capcom could do better than Koei.

This statement is ridiculous hyperbole. Also, look at the vids on the official site, they are much higher quality than the youtube vids

TreIII

Erigu said:
True. But I expect his appearances to be rather short. :lol

True. But if anything, I take that as an indicator that the series hasn't lost all that which made it stand out from its closest competitor any way.

I mean, on another note, we got Keiji trying his best to woo "Maggie" (fem-Magoichi), and Matsu and her boo, Toshiie are confirmed to be in the game (which, if either are playable still remains to be seen).

Then again, even Oichi's story mode (as "serious" as it was) always makes me laugh. Yanderanger, go!
She probably won't be in Sengoku Basara 3, huh? I'm going to miss her...

Thus far, "Koba" (Kobyashi, the producer) has been playful when it comes to Oichi. At least to the point where he hasn't just outright said "No!", which would have likely pissed off all of the Mamiko-fanboys. :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if she still gets in. If not her, then perhaps her and Nagamasa's daughter, Yodo-dono/Chacha (who was Hideyoshi's wife, and mother of his heir, Hideyori).

Ho?
"Transform", huh? As in "bakeru"? "Come back as a ghost", considering he's supposed to be dead and all?
It'd be nice if he had some lines anyway, indeed.

The popular theory is that, either it refers directly to his daughter, Gracia, getting in the game, or that, as part of the old legend, Mitsuhide avoided his canonical demise at Yamazaki, and instead lived out the rest of his days as monk-priest named "Tenkai".

Since this is BASARA, after all, I could imagine them doing such a thing here too. Effectively making him a new character in the process, thus a "transformation". :D

But we'll see. After all, they got a LOT to make up for, taking away my "Raoh-yoshi", Hanbei, Nagamasa and making Kojuuro and Sasuke damn NPCs. :lol

TreIII said:
True. But if anything, I take that as an indicator that the series hasn't lost all that which made it stand out from its closest competitor any way.

I mean, on another note, we got Keiji trying his best to woo "Maggie" (fem-Magoichi), and Matsu and her boo, Toshiie are confirmed to be in the game (which, if either are playable still remains to be seen).

Thus far, "Koba" (Kobyashi, the producer) has been playful when it comes to Oichi. At least to the point where he hasn't just outright said "No!", which would have likely pissed off all of the Mamiko-fanboys. :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if she still gets in. If not her, then perhaps her and Nagamasa's daughter, Yodo-dono/Chacha (who was Hideyoshi's wife, and mother of his heir, Hideyori).

Ha its kind of funny seeing people from KW talk about SB here and have to give explanations for the common sayings / nicknames used there.

The popular theory is that, either it refers directly to his daughter, Gracia, getting in the game, or that, as part of the old legend, Mitsuhide avoided his canonical demise at Yamazaki, and instead lived out the rest of his days as monk-priest named "Tenkai".

Since this is BASARA, after all, I could imagine them doing such a thing here too. Effectively making him a new character in the process, thus a "transformation". :D

Speaking of that "Transform" line, did NDY ever say what the original Japanese term Hayami used was?

But we'll see. After all, they got a LOT to make up for, taking away my "Raoh-yoshi", Hanbei, Nagamasa and making Kojuuro and Sasuke damn NPCs. :lol

"Raoh-yoshi" eh? Nice! Me and my friends jokingly call him Raohtomi Juggeryoshi because we see him as a mix of Raoh, Juggernaut, and Hideyoshi. "The Sengoku Juggernaut" was the very first thing I thought about when I saw his SB2 story intro, then Raoh shortly after lol.

Anyone know if there's any chance we'll be getting famitsu leaks due to 2ch being down?

Its highly suggested that there could be some brand new Basara news in this weeks mag...

As seen in the Famitsu thread there was no SB news in this week's issue.

I got this from NDY again, just spreading the info to my GAF brethren: The news from Jump SQ was that there will be another SB event in May. Some of the people there will be the seiyuu of: Katakura Kojuro, Tsuru-hime, and Kuroda Kanbei. The also mentioned something about a radio show with Magoichi and Tsuru-hime's seiyuu. Finally, Kobayashi said there will be new game info revealed in April.

I am beginning to believe more and more that Koba is simply waiting for the Hokuto Musou hype to die down. March 25 has been the date speculating upon for the longest time now for when we will get new info in Famitsu, due to the website's update schedule. It could just be a coincidence, but that IS the release date for HM. Maybe once April hits we will be getting significant updates every week or 2. One can only hope.

Erigu

Found on GameFAQs:

Sengoku Basara 3 Characters trailer (English subbed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Rb-9wM2BI

Sengoku Basara 3 Tokugawa Ieyasu trailer (English subbed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98yhKZ82NY8

Sengoku Basara 3 Ishida Mitsunari trailer (English subbed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QavtnYth0Pg

Sengoku Basara 3 Date Masamune trailer (English subbed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf7co3GRz-I

Sengoku Basara 3 Sanada Yukimura trailer (English subbed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psklt1WbmX4

Sengoku Basara 3 Ôtani Yoshitsugu trailer (English subbed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b2-NO6MCNs

Sengoku Basara 3 Saika Magoichi trailer (English subbed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZl20L4eExk

Sengoku Basara 3 Story trailer (English subbed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa2gJhPIpxI

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Date <3

Yukimura and Date are pretty much my only reasons for playing Basara. Everyone else is just icing on the cake.

If this is leading up to Sekigahara, I wonder if the battle of Sekigahara will be the end of Basara 3. That would be fucking epic.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm kinda sad Katakura Kojuuro isn't playable, but I agree that as along as Yukimura and Date are there it's still worth it.

thetrin

jj984jj said:
I'm kinda sad Katakura Kojuuro isn't playable, but I agree that as along as Yukimura and Date are there it's still worth it.

I'm personally very sad Takeda Shingen is gone, but I guess if you want to talk character development, it gives Yukimura a chance to grow up.

Has it been confirmed that the cast is going to be as large (if not larger) than Basara 2? I assume we're getting a bunch of new characters.

I know we shouldn't expect anything, but has anyone happened to have seen this weeks Famitsu index or scans anywhere? I can't find anything other than Hakan from Super Street Fighter IV. Just wanted to make sure there actually was no SB3 info...

thetrin

robotzombie said:
I know we shouldn't expect anything, but has anyone happened to have seen this weeks Famitsu index or scans anywhere? I can't find anything other than Hakan from Super Street Fighter IV. Just wanted to make sure there actually was no SB3 info...

There's supposed to be a reveal in April, so my guess is nothing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
sprsk said:
Oh my Kanbei.

Sad Kojuurou isn't playable this time, he was pretty awesome in heroes.

Yeah, Kojuurou was always my favorite in Heroes. He's the only one I've ever Lv. 100'd. His "fury" mode is just all kinds of badass.

Shame he's an NPC this time around. Oh well though, I guess fem-Magoichi will be my new main.

thetrin

robotzombie said:
Yeah I figured

BUT IN THE MEANTIME KOBA GAVE US THE KANBEI VID!!!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/basara3/

An incredible new addition to the basaraverse and already one of my top three characters in the series...

Glorious. God I cannot wait for this game. Q2 for Japan? I'm so there.

Video is up on youtube now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPySFVwfcL0

Kanbei looks BEASTLY! Maggie and Him are the 2 I am most hyped for in SB3. I'm glad he isn't super slow. His style seems to be like how Shimazu's is, where he is more of a high damage/fast killer character than a combo beast. I am perfectly fine with that ^__^. Also, that rolling powerbomb looks amazing.

Lastly, I speculated on this before, but after watching the video am I the only one who thinks his S string looks similar to Itsuki's except with much more range?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Speaking of Itsuki, do we know if everyone's favorite hammer-loli is back in SB3?

"IT-SU-KI CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! YAAAAAAAAY!" :lol :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dresden said:
So how many people here were introduced to the series thanks to the anime? I was.

Not me. Played the first Sengoku Basara when it came out, loved it (being the huge Musou fan that I am). Been a fan ever since.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Dresden said:
So how many people here were introduced to the series thanks to the anime? I was.
Mainly, but I played Devil Kings before I watched it.

thetrin

Dresden said:

I got into it with SB2 (sprsk as well as one of my students recommended it to me while I was living in Japan), and then the anime came out much after that.

Seraphis Cain said:
Speaking of Itsuki, do we know if everyone's favorite hammer-loli is back in SB3?

"IT-SU-KI CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! YAAAAAAAAY!" :lol :lol

Has not been confirmed as cut, NPC, or PC yet. That is why I am cautious as to her similarities with Kanbei. I should go play some SB2H and compare her s-string to the video. They seem similar at first but I could be wrong. I am just worried that if so, they might ax her if Kanbei is too similar gameplay wise and seeing as he is much more relevant to the story. Just gotta wait and see I guess.

I wonder what his element will be. I suspect wind, light, or earth. I loved using Itsuki because of her Ice element.

Either way I am super hype for SB3, will buy day 1, and can't wait to play as Kanbei.

Top Bottom