• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shining Force PS2 pics?

1148_0017.jpg
1148_0016.jpg

1148_0015.jpg
1148_0014.jpg

1148_0012.jpg
1148_0008.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
new to me. the combat screen suggests that it'll be rather different from a conventional grid-based srpg. and is that a modern ocean liner in the top left picture?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
drohne said:
new to me. the combat screen suggests that it'll be rather different from a conventional grid-based srpg. and is that a modern ocean liner in the top left picture?

Modern? Look at the top "sail" section.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
yeah, i noticed that after i posted...at first i thought that was something separate. i guess you can't have a jrpg without a fanciful airship-type-thing.

you know, i'd forgotten how cool it was to play an srpg with a full rpg component. i really hope this turns out well.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Looks damn good. I'd love to get into a good RPG. It has been a very long time.

That knight in the top right picture totally looks like the old knights from Shining Force II!!! That said with the 3 characters on screen thing this is looking a lot more like the GBA Action RPG Shining games. Hell it even suggests it is sort of like Secret of Mana.

I would love a Secret of Mana game that looked like this, but Shining Tears is an action RPG, as was Wisdom. I doubt that they would use the Force name for a game with no strategy.

That said, it does look rather different than other Shining Force games.

FoneBone

That's weird... some of those screens definitely look cel-shaded (or black-lined, anyway), and others definitely don't.

Cimarron

^

i agree with this guy? Is any of the original teams working on this? I sense a PSO debacle coming along... PSO was great mind you but just not very old school.

nitewulf

hmm it looks very colorful, i think they've been playing too much grandia. pretty nonetheless.
but the battles got me concerned, only 3 member party and they look action oriented? not a bad thing but thats not shining force...

belgurdo

Banned
Looks like pure chaos in that pic. I thought they used "Force" for the standard strategy stuff and "Shining n" for everything else

Top Bottom