• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "Spawn" Movie Announced

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Sarcastic Yeah Right GIF by Bounce

Stitch

Gold Member
yeah, sure. I'll believe it when it's actually in theaters. Todd has been teasing it for years.

jason10mm

Gold Member
So I guess we are firmly in the 90s now for remakes/reboots.

What classic 90s properties are we hoping for? I hear rumors of Brenden and Rachael coming back for The Mummy. We got more Matrix than we wanted.

Forrest Gump 2: Life is like a box of sugar free vegan organic free range chocolate and it sucks?

Schindlers List 2: Go back, we forgot some Jews?

Heat 2: Ballistic boogaloo?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Hard to get too excited with just a list of writers and a title (although Scott Silver was a writer on The Joker)

I need to know who is behind the director chair before I get hard as a rock.

Isn't this like the 4th time they've announced they're doing a new Spawn movie? Hopefully they've moved beyond the version where he was just going to be some background entity that barely appears in his own movie. =P

People getting excited for modern Hollywood movies is cute. You guys still have hope? The industry is fucked. Chances for this ending up good are almost 0.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Sure jan. We've been here before. For YEARS. Lets get a Savage Dragon movie made while we're at it. How about a Wildcats movie?

clarky

Gold Member
So I guess we are firmly in the 90s now for remakes/reboots.

What classic 90s properties are we hoping for? I hear rumors of Brenden and Rachael coming back for The Mummy. We got more Matrix than we wanted.

Forrest Gump 2: Life is like a box of sugar free vegan organic free range chocolate and it sucks?

Schindlers List 2: Go back, we forgot some Jews?

Heat 2: Ballistic boogaloo?
You may jest my good sir but Heat 2 is indeed on the way.

FunkMiller

Folks might want to remember how things have gone for the Hellboy franchise before getting excited about this one. Spawn is very much of its time, and I don't see a modern take on the character being particularly faithful.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It's not like it has a high bar to clear. That og movie was pretty bad even back then. They hired a martial artist instead of an actor. Martin Sheen clearly doesn't give a fuck. Then you have that 90's CGI that's aged like milk. THe HBO mini-series was pretty dope though.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I really want a new Spawn video game especially one that would play similar to Devil May Cry.

That would be a licensed video game come true.

Top Bottom