• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Starfox Assualt videos from IGN

SantaC

IGN said the game is 80% done. I want to know what the hell the development team has been doing for 2.5 years. It's on par with a Zelda development, and that's aliiiiittle more complex than a shooter.

Will there be on-foot singleplayer missions?
If hope not... Rogue Squadron 3 had horrible ground missions and I feel this would be the same situation.

That jungle planet looks great though!

miyuru

Grubdog said:
Yes, taking things out will make it a better product!

Well, yeah, it can actually.

For example, the time limit in the original Pikmin was taken out for the sequel.

Society said:
SW: RS2 was better than SW:RS3. Why? The on the foot mission brought the whole level of the game down.

While the on foot of RS3 was punishing, the space combat portion in RS3 was worse than its predacessor. All the bullshit stuff going on in the background and chopped up level/mission flow was complete junk.

I can tell just by watching the videos of the on foot missions in Star Fox that they are far more playable and much less bullshit than RS3. Hell, in Starfox you can actually change the camera view.

The previous vids I've seen of Starfox, which were primarily multiplayer, made it out to look like Battlefield 1942.

FromIGN's impressions the foot missions sound pretty fun.

Game has frickin' great graphics it looks like. It'll be interesting to get to play this one for sure.

Saki

Banned
Society said:
SW: RS2 was better than SW:RS3. Why? The on the foot mission brought the whole level of the game down.
No, the flying missions weren't very fun.
Boring mission objectives, too much non movie crap

Top Bottom