• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New World Console Closed beta has abysmall player count

llLeonhart

New World: Aethernum Console closed beta has been running since July 25th and will continue until July 31st.

However due to lack of marketing of this beta, even though amazon has distributed keys through their socials, according to nwdb.info US servers managed to achieve a peak of around 900 players, and Europe around 500, both rounded up, now they sit in the 200s

New world has seen a sharp decline since launch, but still had manage to keep a somewhat steady healthy playerbase until recently. I tried hopping back in the Artorious recently, and is completely dead. You wont be able to raid, pvp, or do any content that requires other people.

Artorious server right now has only 27 people playing. Activities like outpost rush is ideally played with 40.

Can Amazon Salvage this?

Also, any console bros interested in this release, I would hold off a good while before buying, this game still to this day is very lackluster, absolutely not worth the MSRP.

Think it's a bit ridiculous to be declaring a game dead because its closed beta – which by its very nature has a very small maximum userbase – has a low number of players.

manfestival

Think it's a bit ridiculous to be declaring a game dead because its closed beta – which by its very nature has a very small maximum userbase – has a low number of players.
I am a jaded new worlder and I say... let it be.

a part of me says that even some of those people are some of the remnants of the pc base trying it out. However, yeah as the guy above said. PTR for new world would sometimes have spikes but its not usually popular except during like brimstone sands I believe

Doom85

What the New World devs were hoping for:

a whole new world aladdin GIF

What they got instead:

homer simpson episode 21 GIF

Top Bottom