• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox wireless controller releasing August 27th

ManaByte

Gold Member
Up for pre-order on Amazon:

It could just be a new revision to the existing controller.

Or...

xbox-controller-leak.jpg

Unlikely, if that was the case then a, why wasn't it at the showcase and b, why isn't it a pack in with the newly announced console variants
I'd imagine there's a distinct possibility they wanted to keep it games focussed, in part because it was such a strong showing, and in part due to the online crybabies who have a tantrum about anything that's not a video of "gameplay" in these things. On the second point, who says it's not?

Last edited:
They showed the console variants though,perfect time to show a new controller
Yeah, but they didn't need to spend time describing technology with those. Not saying it is the new one, but the listing and the preorder thing is intriguing - could just be Amazon fuckwitting around though. Time will tell.

hopefully it doesn't inherit the notchiness problem of the elite v2 (click either of the sticks in and try and rotate them, you'll feel all kind of notchiness which is not in the standard controller)

Just grabbed my elite v2 to test this. I know what you mean but in what use case are you ever holding in the analogue sticks and rotating at the same time?

midnightAI

Yeah, but they didn't need to spend time describing technology with those. Not saying it is the new one, but the listing and the preorder thing is intriguing - could just be Amazon fuckwitting around though. Time will tell.
Maybe, I just can't see them releasing a new controller with new tech for the remainder of this gen, seems kinda pointless at this point. Now for next gen that's a different matter

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Maybe, I just can't see them releasing a new controller with new tech for the remainder of this gen, seems kinda pointless at this point. Now for next gen that's a different matter
I'd be down for getting it a bit early for Doom, Valorant, Neon White, etc.

Neon White was already announced for Xbox, but it's going to be nearly unplayable without gyro. Way too fast for dual stick alone.

Don't disgree, but I wonder if Microsoft have fully abandoned generations now, and plan to have forward support on all their products. They already do this pretty well, and if you aren't working to an arbitrary start/end date of a generation, and just plan to launch when ready, I can see it... More hope than expectation I admit, but not impossible.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Thnigs like this are announced on media events along with the list of a supported games.

The current controller is called Microsoft® Xbox WLC M Branded EN/FR/DE/IT/PL/PT/RU/ES wa EMEA 1 License in full too apparently. It's nothingburger.

I bet it's another fUn CoLoR eDiTiOn alright.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Oh id LOVE this, please please MS Sony monopoly on Gyro and Haptics stresses me daily and I barely sleep.

They would probably do a blog post or something, I don't think this sort of thing merits a showcase announce or anything although if its out now they would have just announced it.

Probably a see through purple dildo version of the current one.

Mr Moose

QAU-00150
Does the QAU mean the type and the 00150 mean the colour or something? If so, could be camo one.
Edit: Looking more into the numbers, I don't know what the fuck they are meant to be. It's also the number for Series S starter pack.

Last edited:

midnightAI

I'd be down for getting it a bit early for Doom, Valorant, Neon White, etc.

Neon White was already announced for Xbox, but it's going to be nearly unplayable without gyro. Way too fast for dual stick alone.
I would agree, but it then wouldn't be standardised so some would have gyro and some wouldn't, big changes like gyro are best added with next gen hardware just so Devs know what are the standard features and can use them knowing everyone gets the same experience.

RaZoR No1

Isnt it time we get controllers with more buttons or features instead of new color variants? I mean we even have the lab where we can design our own controllers.. why do we need so many different controller colors?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
"Quieter buttons and thumbsticks" Thank you.

I'm willing to give this a shot to see what this whole haptic feedback is gonna do. Question is, don't games have to be designed with that feature in mind for it to work?

King Dazzar

An Elite 3 would be cool with added haptics. But I think this is reaching. With MS you never know though... fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Another controller where the L1 button will inevitably break due to my overuse and heavy-handedness in Rocket League.

I’ve legit broken 5 Xbox elite controllers, 2 Elite 2 controllers, 2 Series controllers, and 3 Xbox One controllers. At some point I have to accept that this is just a me problem.

But lord help me, I just love the Xbox controller for Rocket League.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Another controller where the L1 button will inevitably break due to my overuse and heavy-handedness in Rocket League.

I’ve legit broken 5 Xbox elite controllers, 2 Elite 2 controllers, 2 Series controllers, and 3 Xbox One controllers. At some point I have to accept that this is just a me problem.

But lord help me, I just love the Xbox controller for Rocket League.
I know it shouldn't fall on us to fix their crappy cheap plastic bumpers but its fairly cheap to get a replacement carbon fiber bumper system and change them out and fix that issue

Have broken a few myself before figuring this out as well

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I know it shouldn't fall on us to fix their crappy cheap plastic bumpers but its fairly cheap to get a replacement carbon fiber bumper system and change them out and fix that issue

Oh that’s smart. I’ve replaced the bumpers of the Elite 1s a few times but only with shitty 3rd-party plastic ones that break in a couple days. Carbon fiber would be great.

DeVeAn

Where do we find these carbon fiber bumpers? Even the official one from iFixit broke on me.

Top Bottom