• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newbie question about registering domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prospero

I want to register a domain (which I've never done before), and the site that I'm going to use to do it offers the choice of registering by proxy--that is, the info that'll be in the WHOIS directory will have a proxy address instead of mine. Is it more common to register an address by proxy, or do most people just publish their regular contact info in WHOIS? (I'm a little reluctant to do that--privacy's nice when you can get it--but it's not like I'm going to use the domain to do anything underhanded, so I don't know how much I should care.)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Prospero said:
I want to register a domain (which I've never done before), and the site that I'm going to use to do it offers the choice of registering by proxy--that is, the info that'll be in the WHOIS directory will have a proxy address instead of mine. Is it more common to register an address by proxy, or do most people just publish their regular contact info in WHOIS? (I'm a little reluctant to do that--privacy's nice when you can get it--but it's not like I'm going to use the domain to do anything underhanded, so I don't know how much I should care.)
www.godaddy.com has registration by proxy, its who i used for my registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom