• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Demand

Banned
Those UI videos look fake. Where is the store icon?

And from what we’ve seen of Spider Man MM launching on the UI, the way GTAV 5 does it looks wrong.
Are backgrounds different for separate regions? Where is that person from? This one here is different

There’s other differences I’m noticing like when changing icons everything just pops up instead of fading in like they showed in the UI reveal video. It was a smoother transition.

So it turns out I was right. That leakers videos were fake. Those specific differences really stood out to me.

Defrop

Banned
Since there’s no game that is even close to pushing the capabilities of the Xbox Series X there’s no way to demonstrate that yet, and in any case we’re only able to talk about Astro’s Playroom and Spider-Man: Miles Morales at the moment – but both those games are far more impressive, and interesting, than anything we’ve seen on the Xbox Series X
We’ve not got all the launch games in yet to test but nothing so far has caused it to make any unusual amount of noise. It seems to be at least as quiet as the Xbox Series X, with both being effectively silent when you’re sitting at a normal distance from the console.
PS5 Review

That is the case but it’s actually a bit of a masterstroke, as simply by virtue of all the skyscrapers using ray-tracing, so that they reflect everything else nearby, the game gains exactly the sort of, ‘Look! This is next gen!’ moment that we criticised the Xbox Series X for lacking.
Miles Morales Review

FunkMiller

Ps5 overheating picture fake

giphy.gif

(although I did think it was real, tbf)

Last edited:

LiquidRex

There are articles dropping online now, but getting deleted... They're just too eager. 😛

I've seen quotes the 3D audio isn't all that impressive... I hope that's just down to early days... Would be a wasted investment on Sony's part... Or devs better off using the Tempest Engine as additional compute. 🤷‍♂️

ZywyPL

Banned

giphy.gif

We need to set a rule here on the forum that whenever someone says 30FPS is enough he gets immediately permabanned, no questions asked, we don't have time for such negativity here.

PS. I still can't get past how damn huge this thing is...

RDR 2 - Basically a tie
FF XV - XSX wins by a small amount but its a different chapter maybe?
Destiny - XSX wins about 25%
Monster Hunter W - 35 vs 51 so XSX wins again
Batman Arkham Knight - 58 vs 67 so minor win for XSX

Faster CPU = faster loading times, simple as that.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Time to brace for the wave of trolls who will be working overtime to post negative bs about the positive media coverage PS5 is about to get.
The one that got locked from metro was bombarded and it barely made half a page. They’re not sleeping. More worried about today’s news than yesterday’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom