• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbydeath

Playstation 5 custom soc aka Sony secret wepon :messenger_winking_tongue:

ojhrA4n.jpg

What’s the source for this?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure I read a patent on something like this that gave me the idea.

The Work group Processors in RDNA 1.0 have 2 Compute units but RDNA 2 might have 2 Compute units but a 3rd fixed function processor

Would the third fixed function be for RT?

R600

Banned
It won't be , wait for Xbox to be 12TF GCN too. MS never confirmed RDNA. Or this rumor is false .
I think its more likely for MS to not use RDNA TFs then this being wrong. Its dump directly from AMD, like all other Shakespearean leaks were (well, except 3d mark FS)

Lendor

It won't be , wait for Xbox to be 12TF GCN too. MS never confirmed RDNA. Or this rumor is false .
From AMD:

''AMD and Microsoft have co-designed and co-engineered a custom, high performance AMD SoC to power Project Scarlett to deliver an incredible gaming experience, including the next-generation of performance, graphics, lighting, visuals, and audio immersion. This processor builds upon the significant innovation of the AMD Ryzen™ "Zen 2" CPU core and a "Navi" GPU based on next-generation Radeon™ RDNA gaming architecture including hardware-accelerated raytracing''.

xPikYx

30% differce would be xone ps4 situation, very silly by Sony the market leader. My dream of a 15tf machine at 800$ can be too much but i believe 13tf at 600$ is the right spot for Sony and 12tf at 500$ realistic for Microsoft

Aceofspades

Banned
From AMD:

''AMD and Microsoft have co-designed and co-engineered a custom, high performance AMD SoC to power Project Scarlett to deliver an incredible gaming experience, including the next-generation of performance, graphics, lighting, visuals, and audio immersion. This processor builds upon the significant innovation of the AMD Ryzen™ "Zen 2" CPU core and a "Navi" GPU based on next-generation Radeon™ RDNA gaming architecture including hardware-accelerated raytracing''.

Im not saying Xbox not using RDNA, MS only confirmed twice Xbox X GPU. And media run with 12TF RDNA. We will wait and see 🤣

30% differce would be xone ps4 situation, very silly by Sony the market leader. My dream of a 15tf machine at 800$ can be too much but i believe 13tf at 600$ is the right spot for Sony and 12tf at 500$ realistic for Microsoft

I don't think the gap will be as noticeable as it was with the original sub-2TF, Jaguar CPU consoles we got in 2013.

These PS5 specs don't bother me when I think of how amazing TLOU2 looks on a "lowly" PS4 Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom