• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason thread (i.e. Niners pre-superbowl domination thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

TaleSynz said:
Ohh yeah, thats right...completly forget about the New York Giants....we had a dissmal year last year but we had injured players and and O-line who just quit. Still though, we have pretty much the same team the made that run at the Super Bowl in 2000. We lost Collins and replaced him with Warner. Incase Eli messes up with have a seasond Vet coming in. And we have Hand. One of them more underrated DT's in the game. Shockey should be healthy come regular season. Peterson, Allen and Williams are all 100% and Stoudemire won't be playing FS for the G-Unit anymore (THANK GOD). If anyteam in the NFL Beast made good moves its gotta be the Giants. Only weak point I see is Line Backer..and with Portis coming to the division thats a rather scary thought.

They will beat the Eagles atleast once this year (im realistic). Eagles only this year was getting T.O. and losing people on defense. If anything I think getting T.O. is gonna hurt more then help the team because while they gained the "missing link" for the Super Bowl. They aquired a WR with alot of package.

Giants will be contenders...aswill everyteam in the NFL East. This is the division to watch people.

ur being realistic? being realistic would be "hey i know giants made some good moves and some questionables ones and although this yr they will be swept by the eagles again next yr we will contend for the playoffs".

may i remind u that u have warner instead of collins now. i know u mentioned it..but u have warner...a shell of his former self. he has arthiritis in his throwing thumb. he fumbles worse that collins. fine you say he is a backup...ur going to start eli..well unless he is some sort of amazing talent and no one sees it coming..he will struggle in his first season. they all do. even the great ones..like his brother. but thats not it..u went from a lose coach to a dictator...against whom some players are writing letters. there is a mini mutiny in the giants camp. how in the world can u see them doing or being good? i say they win 5-6 but thats it.

and im sick of people going "eagles lost a lot on thier D"...well guess what...every frikin yr they lose some key veterans thru FA either on D or on O...why? cause they dont want to pay for againg players. vincent and taylor are better than the CBs eagles will lineup with on opening day but hey these two played all of last season while vincent and taylor were out and our PASS D was solid. the real problem was the run D...and for that all we have to do is get healthy and hope kearse doesnt break his body somehow. that is a big if but even if he is out i can gurantee that health enough will propel that horrid run D. as for owens...as of now he hasnt done shit...he is on the team he wants to be on...and i know all about his past and am worried also...but if he does what he says he will they should be fine. reid said he wouldnt get TO if they didnt have a understanding on things he would accept and things he wouldnt. now lets see how longt his marriage lasts but event hen TO alone makes our WR corps 10x better than last yr. where as last yr no one respected or payed attention to our WRs...owens will command double teams and attention....

dorio

Banned
Bowser said:
Only if Brett Farve played like he did during the end of the regular season last year (throwing bombs everywhere) and not like he played in Philly.
Don't see that happened with the way the Raiders decided not to play defense to honor his father and the way Denver didn't even send their team on the road trip to Lambeau that last game. The true Favre showed up in the playoffs when teams actually tried to win the game and yes I am a bitter viking fan.

We're going to run away with the division this year. Go Vikes!!!

024-00253fd.jpg

never forget vikings! 4th and forever against the worst team in the league with a playoff spot riding on the play and a nobody QB/WR tandum lining up....

it would be hard to remember a 4th and 28 for the packers because they were never involved in a 4th and 28 play in the playoffs. they were involved in a 4th and 26 play though...

Ramirez

and a nobody QB/WR tandum lining up...

You better recognize ho!!

Where it started...

sp-fsu.jpg

Where it continues!!

lg_boldin_ap.jpg

And with Fitzgerald it only gets better :p

Ok,enough trying to defend the Cards,too hard :D

DMczaf

Galloway06_24_04_1_b.jpg

Galloway bitches! He's back!

Simms06_24_04_2_b.jpg

Simms! DA future! Heart of a lion!

Alstott06_24_04_1_b.jpg

The REAL A-Train is back!

alstott_sc.jpg

Skaggs06_23_04_1_b.jpg

Skaggs saves Gruden from an assassination attempt!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
soulja224466 said:
Mark schlereth is a douchebag. But mary hodge is twice as bad. I hate the eagles, but how are the skins still better? lol

They're still better than the Eagles, even with their offseason pickups. He isn't saying they were better last year, he's saying Jevon Kearse and TO aren't enough to make the Eagles better than the Redskins this year.

I disagree with him, but what he said made sense with the argument he put forth.

effzee

Archaix said:
They're still better than the Eagles, even with their offseason pickups. He isn't saying they were better last year, he's saying Jevon Kearse and TO aren't enough to make the Eagles better than the Redskins this year.

I disagree with him, but what he said made sense with the argument he put forth.

still for him to use "still" the eagles would have needed to have made thier moves after the redskins. still implies some sort of response to what the redskins did.

and i dont get how anyone in thier right mind...based solely on the offseason and the past yr claim the redskins will be better than the eagles.

firex

Doesn't matter... whoever comes out of that division as the best will still lose in the postseason, barring some kind of accident that happens to all of the AFC teams.

andthebeatgoeson

Soulja, WTF happened to your name? It got murdered or something.

Yeah, at what point can you say the Skin's are still better? Sounds like the annual corronation of the Redskins as SuperBowl Champion in the preseason. They have to prove they are better. They've been showing up on paper as better than Touchdown Jesus for 4 years.

Faulk to retire?

I hope this is just some idiot trying to manufacture news during the offseason, but i think it could be legit....Faulk has had lingering knee problems and has had 2 knee surgeries in the past year.

To reduce the strain on marshall, i think martz should use him as our slot reciever. A lot of fans have thrown this idea around. There are a few problems that would arise, but I think it's definitely worth a shot since we'll have lamar gordon and steven jackson in our backfield.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm on an NFL Network binge until the Fed Ex guy brings me NCAA. That Dahani Jones is a funny guy. I bet all of you forgot what happened in the 1998 Saints-Vikings matchup in Week 9. Well, the Vikings won 31-24 despite Billy Joe Tolliver's best efforts.

Niner Fan, tomorrow is your dream day. Wall to wall Niner shows for 8 hours. In honor of the title of this thread, I'm going to watch and give everybody updates. Now I wonder when they'll have a day devoted to the accomplishments of the Saints?

andthebeatgoeson

He was a cancer before he realized that he sucked. Now, it's just due. Next up, Duce Staley, Bobby Taylor, and Troy Vincent. Players I like infinitely but past their prime. In the case of Duce, never really had a great prime, unlike Vincent and Taylor. Not saying they sucked now or even this year. But for what they were asking, high contracts for multiple years, they aren't worth it in 2 years.

effzee

yes they lost both corners. every off season they lose key starters but it doesnt seem to hurt them as much. we lost trotter, moore, kirkland, bishop, shawn barber, and douglas the past 3-4 yrs and all on the defensive side. yet our defense has been the solid part of the team for the past 5 yrs now. no doubt we will miss them but they were no longer worth the amount they wanted or were offered by other teams. sheppard and brown were drafted just for this very reason, to unseat them. one of the benefits of both vincent and taylor being out last yr was seeing these guys in action and while there not great, its not like the eagles need to worry. they should be improved this yr and with a healthy D line hopefully wont be responsible to anchoring a D unit.

wrong. it may look like Young is going down for the count in that first picture, but infact he is so big and strong that he is actually GETTING UP without bracing himself with his hands! he's like the T-1000! he just stands straight up, no leverage!

and the 2nd photo is from a crack sale by donald driver that was foiled by the superhero niners defense. look at driver try to escape the long arm of johnny law. sorry driver, but your days of selling crack to kids is OVER! get him andre!

Fifty

It's funny how we're talking about Jgar's (quite sizable) pimp hand in here, while the Ricky news is in the outside world. Once it quiets down this thread will rise to domination!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Bad news NFC East fans, Eli is signed and ready to go to training camp to practice dominating your sorry teams.

EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Sports Network) - The New York Giants (news) Thursday agreed in principle to a contract with the No. 1 overall pick Eli Manning (news). As per team policy, terms of the deal were not released, but reports have the signing bonus nearing $20 million.

Thaedolus

Even though I haven't read any of this thread at all or kept up much with the offseason news, I can tell you all the Raiders are going to pwn the AFC and not only win the Super Bowl, but shut out whoever their opponents are and score 77 points on them.

Then I'll wake up

Odoul

I read somewhere since Peterson is looking to be a long holdout he may be shopped. What are the chances some humble (Detroit) snags him for two seconds? Then they spend this years first on stud end and the SB comes to us! The Postons are from Michigan so let's make it happen.

PS If Roy holds out I'm gonna be pissed. Punkass texan trying to steal balls from Chaz anyway.

BrianBillick.jpg

Baltimore Ravens coach Brian Billick was just given a multi-year extension on his contract and a raise of $2 million per year to put him at an estimated $4.5 million, among the top five highest paid coaches in the NFL. This is essentially a vote of confidence in Billick from new Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.

Under Billick, the Ravens made the playoffs in three of the last four years, winning the Super Bowl in 2001. In 2002 they went deeper into the playoffs (second round) than any returning Super Bowl champion of the last five years (and after losing Jamal Lewis for the entire season!). The following season, after blowing up the team for salary cap reasons, they were in the playoff hunt until the last two weeks of the season. They returned to the playoffs last year with the quarterback tandem of rookie Kyle Boller and Anthony Wright. This year, Billick has openly set his sights on bringing another Super Bowl trophy to Baltimore.

Odoul

Damn, they give the No. 6 pick No.5 money

And he still rejects it.
Reggie Williams might be a holdout in Jacksonville.
Pace is an annual holdout.
Peterson is asking for Peyton Manning type bank.
Woodson isn't showing up anytime.

And yet they got the hometown boy for the hometown team right on time last year.

Speaking of which Roy's looking to miss the start of camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom