• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFS:Underground 2 Car List

AirBrian

Here's the car list from http://www.nfsunlimited.net (who got it right for NFS:U):

2003 Acura RSX Type S
2004 Audi A3
2004 Audi TT
2004 Cadillac Escalade
2003 Ford Focus ZX3
2005 Ford Mustang GT
2000 Honda Civic Coupe Si
2004 Hummer H2
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
2004 Infiniti G35
2002 Lexus iS300
2004 Lincoln Navigator
1999 Mazda Miata - MX5
1995 Mazda RX-7
2004 Mazda RX-8
1999 Mitsubishi 3000 GT
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII
1992 Nissan 240sx
2003 Nissan 350Z
2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
2003 Peugeot 206 GTI
2004 Pontiac GTO
2004 Subaru WRX STI
2003 Toyota Celica GT-S
1987 Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86)
1998 Toyota Supra
2003 Volkswagen Golf GTI

NA version will get two more cars. Unconfirmed are the Acura NSX and the Honda S2000.
EU version will get Opel Corsa and Peugeot 106.

11920.jpg

Jumpman

I don't understand why they have the RX-7, Supra, and 3000GT, yet still do not have a 300ZX twin turbo. :(

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Matlock said:
What, no Dodge Neon?

That's pretty strange considering it was in the first one... I'd find it hard to believe it's not back in the sequel, the Neon SRT-4 was built just for this group of folks.

As an aside the two fastest cars in the Dodge Lineup?

1. Viper
2. Neon SRT-4

I kid you not. 0-60 comes at 5.3 secs. and tops out just over 150mph... that's a Dodge NEON people....

Kadett

Dont want a stupid Corsa or 106, In Design and Specs a RSX and S2000 or more fun to drive with.
And still, why put in SUV's (again). If i want to play with heavy trucks ill install 18 Wheels of Steel :)

Bog

Junior Ace
Wow, that wins for worst car list ever in a game. Sorry, I want to play a game with cars I CAN'T afford.

raYne

Bog said:
Wow, that wins for worst car list ever in a game. Sorry, I want to play a game with cars I CAN'T afford.

Yes... because the "underground import street racing scene" is filled with Lamborghini's, Ferrari's etc.

DarienA

Oh goody the same group of folks who haven't been interested in the underground games in the first place + folks turned off by the "free roaming" aspect of the 2nd game continue their B & M session in another NFSU2 thread...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Lousy list. They have an Escalade but no STS? They have a 350Z and G35 but no Altima 3.5 or 5th gen Maxima? I don't think EA realizes that the Nissan community has the largest forum on the net (Maxima.org) and some other ridiculously large forums (Altimas.net, etc.). And wtf? A Mustang? That's a crime against humanity. I saw a 2001 Mustang yesterday with a nasty ass wing, led-clear tails, and a fucking NEON KIT lighting up the whole ground. Who the fuck puts neon underneath a Mustang? It's an American car, for fuck's sake!

DarienA

AlphaSnake said:
Lousy list. They have an Escalade but no STS? They have a 350Z and G35 but no Altima 3.5 or 5th gen Maxima? I don't think EA realizes that the Nissan community has the largest forum on the net (Maxima.org) and some other ridiculously large forums (Altimas.net, etc.). And wtf? A Mustang? That's a crime against humanity. I saw a 2001 Mustang yesterday with a nasty ass wing, led-clear tails, and a fucking NEON KIT lighting up the whole ground. Who the fuck puts neon underneath a Mustang? It's an American car, for fuck's sake!

EA defense measures engage!

Why someone would attempt to compare a 2001 Mustang to the new one I have NO idea... I don't remember the STS being a big tuner car... the Escalade is obviously a pimp out ride... your Nissan complaints though... are an interesting.... while the Altima and Maxima have large forums to other folks those aren't cars you'd immediately associate with tuning. Oh and dood... I saw a drift competition with people drifting in fuckin Vipers... VIPERS for chrissakes so.

The list definitely has it's ups and downs but as usual overreacting is the name of the game in GAF.

Alpha you don't even LIKE this game as you've told us before IIRC... are you here to remind us?

raYne

Bog said:
Not my fault they have no taste.
:lol Can't argue there.

On the Nissan issue I gotta agree with Darien, I wouldn't put either the Altima or the Maxima in the same "tuner" league as the other cars on this list. Plus, when was the last time a Maxima/Altima were even in a game to begin with?

There are quite a few cars I would have loved to have in the lineup which include the BMW M3, Audi A4, VW Jetta, Mazda 3 and a few more cars from Acura's current lineup like the TSX/TL... I'd rather have had any of these before I'd include the Maxima/Altima.

Alpha you don't even LIKE this game as you've told us before IIRC... are you here to remind us?
Well this wouldn't be GAF if that weren't the case. Where game X sucks no matter what simply because game Y is "better"... or game X should've been 60 fps, but since it's not it sucks and we have to be reminded of that fact every time a topic about the game comes up. Sometimes I wonder if people even play games for you know fun anymore.

Lumix

These cars were entered at this years NFS:U sponsored Formula Drift series, which ended last September.

Mazda Miata - MX5
IMG_3070.jpg

Mazda RX-7
IMG_3047.jpg

Nissan 240sx
IMG_3037.jpg

Nissan 350Z
IMG_3147.jpg

Pontiac GTO
0222.jpg

Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86)
0194.jpg

Toyota Supra
IMG_3024.jpg

Honda S2000
0191.jpg

Oh and dood... I saw a drift competition with people drifting in fuckin Vipers... VIPERS for chrissakes so.

Darien,
Was it this Mopar backed one?
0372.jpg

....or this JGTC viper for drift demos?
IMG_3218.jpg

DarienA

Lumix said:
Darien,
Was it this Mopar backed one?
0372.jpg

Yup it was the Mopar sponsored one... sick.. but when you think about it that beast puts so much power to it's rear wheels....

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
DarienA said:
EA defense measures engage!

Why someone would attempt to compare a 2001 Mustang to the new one I have NO idea... I don't remember the STS being a big tuner car... the Escalade is obviously a pimp out ride... your Nissan complaints though... are an interesting.... while the Altima and Maxima have large forums to other folks those aren't cars you'd immediately associate with tuning. Oh and dood... I saw a drift competition with people drifting in fuckin Vipers... VIPERS for chrissakes so.

The list definitely has it's ups and downs but as usual overreacting is the name of the game in GAF.

What?

http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/reviews2/review.asp?RevID=262&letter=N

I just made a thread about the game's lousy AI towards the end. I actually completed the whole game and then purchased the PC version. Look back at any NFSU1/2 thread and I'm there singing praises and saying I'll be getting the PC version of NFSU2 on day one.

And I wasn't comparing a 2001 Mustang to a new one...you took that completely out of context. The point was that American cars like a Mustang (V8s and all) should not be riced out. It just doesn't suit those cars.

DarienA

AlphaSnake said:
What?

http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/reviews2/review.asp?RevID=262&letter=N

I just made a thread about the game's lousy AI towards the end. I actually completed the whole game and then purchased the PC version. Look back at any NFSU1/2 thread and I'm there singing praises and saying I'll be getting the PC version of NFSU2 on day one.

And I wasn't comparing a 2001 Mustang to a new one...you took that completely out of context. The point was that American cars like a Mustang (V8s and all) should not be riced out. It just doesn't suit those cars.

Actually I thought you were saying that you'd be getting the PC version because you couldn't stand how the console versions look... having played the PS2 demo which I thought looked ok I can't see how you'd think the Xbox version wouldn't look that hot.

Secondly your opinion on what should and shouldn't be riced out doesn't mean a who helluva alot, as we've seen in this very thread all types of cars participate in drift competitions... and have you ever seen pictures from a SEMA show? This year's is Nov 2-5 BTW.

1107200314323337.jpg

1107200314323334.jpg

1107200314323315.jpg

112_0311_sema_763_z.jpg

Top Bottom