• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL2k5 Xbox - Bad Disc?

Priz

I didn't think this fit in with the other thread, so I thought I'd start this one.

I picked up the xbox version at Fry's and just got around to trying it today.

I insert the disc into the xbox, the license logo + Sega logo come up quickly, then it starts loading and the drive starts making some funky noises... and it takes up to 5 minutes to get past the "loading" screen (between 3-5min). Then it sits at the "Press Start" page quietly, like it's frozen. Buttons do nothing.

This is a unmodified US xbox won through the Taco Bell "Win it before you can buy it" contest.

Other games seem to play ok (Whiplash & Midway Arcade Treasures both come up with that "this disc needs to be cleaned"-ish error but everything else works fine).

Anyone else seen this problem?

suikodan

Yes, my Xbox has a lot of difficulties sometimes.

Sometime it'll play the game REALLY fine and as soon as the game freezes once (because it happens with this game too), it'll refuse to play the DVD for a day.

It's great when you HAVE to play now and it tells you to f*** yourself...

Chi-Town

Priz said:
I insert the disc into the xbox, the license logo + Sega logo come up quickly, then it starts loading and the drive starts making some funky noises... and it takes up to 5 minutes to get past the "loading" screen (between 3-5min). Then it sits at the "Press Start" page quietly, like it's frozen. Buttons do nothing.

I had something like this happen with Outlaw Golf once. The disc didn't mount properly. As a result, corrupted data was cached to the hard drive. The game loaded fine the next time but I got dirty disc errors because of the bad data in the cache. Load 3 different Xbox games to clear out the hard drive caches and then try to load the game again.

Top Bottom