• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nice campaign quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
From President Bush's speech in Waukesha, Wisconsin:

We’re going to continue to bring fiscal discipline to Washington, D.C. See, it starts with understanding that we’re not spending the government's money, we’re spending your money. And we must be good stewards with your money in the nation’s capital. (Applause.)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
I was just sayin'...

Actually, I was refering more to how he'll spend all the money he wants, make completely contradictory statements in speeches, and the audience will still just eat it up. The "I don't give a fuck what you think" part is directed to anyone with even a shred of logic.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hitokage said:
From President Bush's speech in Waukesha, Wisconsin:

Did he used to always say "see" a lot like that? I've not been paying attention to his speeches too much previously, but in any I've seen lately, he throws it in a lot. It's really annoying..also seems insecure when he says it like that all the time. "See? I'm really a good president. See?"

BuddyC

Yea, that's uh, erm.

:(

de·moc·ra·cy Audio pronunciation of "democracy" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-mkr-s)
n. pl. de·moc·ra·cies
1. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
2. A political or social unit that has such a government.
3. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.
4. Majority rule.
5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

We’re going to continue to bring fiscal discipline to Washington, D.C. See, it starts with understanding that we’re not spending the government's money, we’re spending your money. And we must be good stewards with your money in the nation’s capital.

gofreak said:
Did he used to always say "see" a lot like that? I've not been paying attention to his speeches too much previously, but in any I've seen lately, he throws it in a lot. It's really annoying..also seems insecure when he says it like that all the time. "See? I'm really a good president. See?"

That's just a folksy Texas mannerism. Ross Perot used it all the time, and everybody loved him. ; )

Azih

It's not a "I don't give a fuck what you're thinking" thing. It's more a "I know you don't think" thing.

I mean the man has cut taxes and increased spending. Biggest Deficit in History. This is not a good steward of money.

Doth Togo

See Spot run. See Spot jump. See Spot get the ball!

097221.jpg

george_laura_dog.gif

PLX103742.jpg

Goooooood Spot! Good poopoo, boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom