• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Not complaining about particular scores at all, but I'll never get IGN and especially Gameinformer systems.

Why not 8.8 or 9.0? What makes it worth exactly 7.75 and not 7.7 or 7.8? Do they just punch two possible scores in a random number generator and let it decide between them?
It's a consequence of them using different point scales.

IGN uses a 100 point scale
Game Informer uses a 41 point scale.

IGN has 88/100
GI has 31/41

Why they do this or why IGN thinks one game is 88 over 89 or 87 or how anyone ever does any sort of scoring I don't know.

Looking good. Hope more will get to enjoy the amazingness that is nier this go round.

Also I motion that review threads aren't made till there are enough reviews, it's annoying that the op isn't updated.

18mgcflka73jfjpg.jpg

J4g3r

2017 needs to chill, too many great games.

Since a lot of reviews mention performance, I am totally ok with waiting for the PC version so I can finish Horizon.

Would like to see some impressions on that PC port ASAP.

It's time to party!

LvOPtHr.gif

tenor.gif

The more I watch this gif, the more confused I get.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
One negative to 2017 blasting me with excellent games is that ive run out of hype for persona 5.
It was gonna be THE goty for me and now its just another excellent japanese game that goes in the pile of other excellent 2017 games i haven't beaten. .
What a bad delay.

Persona 5 is a long ass game if the others are any indication. Having April and May to itself is a good thing!

KMRiku

Neo Member
Glad to see the game is getting good reviews! I had a blast playing the game myself and it's so good seeing a Yoko Taro game getting the praises it deserves.

About the sidequests, I thought the way Nier Automata handles them are one of the best in RPGs. Each sidequest has its own storyline, they expand many of the game's themes and a few even serve as foreshadowning for some moments in the story. Hell, some sidequest even change the dialogue of certain characters in story scenes.

I definitely recommend that people do almost every sidequest avaiable. They add to much to the experience.

KodaRuss

My preorder has shipped. Too bad I will be out of town tomorrow. Good reviews so far. Really cant wait for this game to start.

JJShadow

OMG another one? Please devs gimme a break, how am I supossed to play all these amazing titles and have a life at the same time? I was planning about skipping this one for now due to Horizon and ME, but here I am with my mouse hovering over the pre-order button

OMG another one? Please devs gimme a break, how am I supossed to play all these amazing titles and have a life at the same time? I was planning about skipping this one for now due to Horizon and ME, but here I am with my mouse hovering over the pre-order button

giphy.gif

LotusHD

Banned

Do it...

One negative to 2017 blasting me with excellent games is that ive run out of hype for persona 5.
It was gonna be THE goty for me and now its just another excellent japanese game that goes in the pile of other excellent 2017 games i haven't beaten. .
What a bad delay.

Haven't finished it yet but Persona 5 is my GOTY contender right now and by a pretty wide margin.

Ferr986

Man fuck this month, I'm still not even halfways with Horizon, I have Gravity Rush 2 DLC in 2 weeks, Dark Souls 3 the Ringed City in 3 weeks. Now this one is having 9 and 10s.... and then there's Mass Effect 4 that will have to wait till I dunno when, atleast May or June. Same with FFXV Gladio DLC.

The better the score, the more likelier the niche game will sell well.

Of course I'm hoping for high scores as well if the game deserves them, but I don't think the difference between an 89 or 92 on MC will have much of an impact on sales.

Interested in the Eurogamer and EDGE take, though we'll have to wait a couple of weeks for the latter.

Top Bottom