• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nightmare of druaga is pretty sweet.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
That is all

B0002Y67RO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

</maf>

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
what type of gamer would like that game?
i'm curious

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
i'm gonna try to give it a rent

Vieo

It is pretty good. I bought it yesterday. I didn't play it today, but from the few hours I spent with it yesterday, there seems to be the potential for a ton of customization.

I'll admit though, the dialogue is a bit stale, but you're not exactly playing this game for Square-Enix storyline/plot. Even though "Save the princess!" is considered a cliche, lately, RPG devs have gone to such extreme lengths to try at creating stories that try to stray so far from cliches, they end up with a story that is too complex/confusing/absurd/unrelatable/etc. to enjoy. So Nightmare of Druaga is a breath of fresh air in that respect.

The game reminds me a lot of...

4159.jpg

br_logo.jpg

I really liked Brandish on SNES. I don't know how many games there are in the series, but that's the only one I've played. It seems the others never made overseas. I'd really like to play them. =(

shoplifter

Torneko and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon both came out here for PS1. I can't imagine they'd be too difficult to find.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I played this for a while the other night. It's not bad. It definitely has that "roguelike" quality which I expected to be an innaccurate description somehow. It's very addictive in many of the same ways. It lacks a subtle sense of humor, but it's not deserving of the scores it's gotten from what I saw. I wouldn't buy it for full price, but I'm definitely going to play more of it in the off-season.

belgurdo

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
and they kept the Japanese subtitle. Nice. :)

Actually, it's kind of stupid. Was Namco trying to go for some kind of retarded "street cred" thing with Japanophiles by not translating the word "Mysterious?"

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
adelgary said:
"The Nightmare of Druaga is a dungeon hack of the most Awesome kind." 5.7 - GameSpot doesn't know what they are talking about.

fixed.

so you'll essentially end up having to memorize the routes to the key and door as you trudge through the same level time and again until you're finally strong enough (or lucky enough in avoiding strong monsters) to clear that particular set.

You could always draw a map you know.

Top Bottom