• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo $99 Holiday Bundle: Mario Kart DD

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Prime = Adults
MK = Family

Grubdog

Banned
snapty00 said:
It's not selling significantly more.

And neither will the new bundle, really. Both appeal primarily to Nintendo fans -- those people who already have a GameCube.
There are still millions of Mario Kart fans who don't have Mario Kart Double Dash.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
They have been packaging metroid with it for ever, it obviously wasn't working too well so they are trying something new.

Hero

The MP bundle did its thing, to help hype MP2:E and push the Gamecube for a month or two.

The MK:DD bundle is the holiday bundle, and I'm betting it'll do as well if not better than the Zelda bundle last year.

thats great ..

what if they added WaveRace, and another game ? without any plastic cases or anything ..

I think that would be UNBEATABLE .. 3 games and a console for $99.99 !!!

*keeps dreaming*

AirBrian

Well, Mario Kart sold very well last holiday season, so it makes sense. Is it their best move? I'd say no, but it's a very good one though.

Alcibiades

I think the Prime bundle was only for August and September, doubt they are still making them, maybe just what's left in warehouses...

jarrod

Banned
Aren't all GC bundles limted to a specific amount though? Metroid Prime probably sold out whatever the bundle was alotted already...

DrLazy

You know what would be an absolutly awesome bundle?

Mario Kart DD + 2 Wavebirds for $99. That would really cement the cube as the multiplayer system, something Nintendo had with the N64 but has lost much of to the Xbox and Halo.

Kon Tiki

Banned
DrLazy said:
You know what would be an absolutly awesome bundle?

Mario Kart DD + 2 Wavebirds for $99. That would really cement the cube as the multiplayer system, something Nintendo had with the N64 but has lost much of to the Xbox and Halo.

Or Mario Tennis and 4 wavebirds. :D

jarrod

Banned
Mario Power Tennis would make a good bundle title next year imo (after it's had a decent run at market). Maybe even add Mario Golf TT in too for a Mario Sports bundle

Memles

Mario Power Tennis + MG:TT + GameCube would be a great bundle for next year.

Wondering now, though whether Mario Tennis Advance may not see the light of day and whether Camelot may be doubly as busy with it.

Society said:
Or Mario Tennis and 4 wavebirds. :D
Well shit, how about Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, eight Wavebirds, a memory card, a year of Nintendo Power, a lock of Miyamoto's hair, a Yamauchi sex pillow, six geese-a-laying, and a coupon for a free soda? For $12.99!

Kon Tiki

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
Well shit, how about Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, eight Wavebirds, a memory card, a year of Nintendo Power, a lock of Miyamoto's hair, a Yamauchi sex pillow, six geese-a-laying, and a coupon for a free soda? For $12.99!

Did I say a price?

AirBrian

Kobun Heat said:
No milking maids, no sale!

This is easily the best deal Nintendo has going. Mario Kart: DD presents the most replay value, even over Prime and Wind Waker. I'd totally recommend this to my casual gaming friends who are on the fence whether to jump into gaming. Last time, I convinced a friend of ours to get the Sunshine bundle. Well, since the game was so difficult, I was constantly helping her family get through the game up until the very end. But finally they go Pokemon Colosseum, which the kids went to like flies. But I always thought Mario Kart was the best example of an "everyone" game.

next year is meh, cuz next gen will be just arround the corner by then...

its this year only .. its the "final" battle if you wanna call it ..

and a Mario Kart bundle ain't enough if you ask me .. they REALLY should through in a couple of games above that... or a WaveBird + MC-251

but IMO 2 FREE games is more attractive than a game + accesories

ah well, this will NEVER happen, we are talking Nintendo here, not M$ !!

Kon Tiki

Banned
snapty00 said:
They'd be better of bundling something like Madden, one of those wacky non-Nintendo-shit games.

Or a World Series edition GCN (With a BoSox logo) and MVP Baseball 2004.

They did it with the Tigers in Japan, why not do it in NA where sports are just as popular?

puck1337

Society said:

They did it with the Tigers in Japan, why not do it in NA where sports are just as popular?
True, but that would require them swinging a deal with a 3rd party, and I just can't see them doing that for a bundle.

Subitai

Society said:
Do you even read the other posts?
What was I supposed to say?

Obviously I disagree to some extent with previous posts considering what I posted.

The only thing I do agree with is that this is Nintendo and they just don't have it in them to throw lots of stuff that would help more.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Society said:

Might be a problem considering that NOA owns the Seattle Mariners ;)

There's a bundle at Future Shop with an extra controller ($149.99 CAD):

10052579.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...d=0665000FS10052579&catid=11163&newdeptid=15#

Also single controller bundle ($139.99 CAD):

10052595.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...d=0665000FS10052595&catid=11163&newdeptid=15#

And the original Jet bundle is being cleared out for $99.99 CAD:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...id=0665000FS10010483&catid=11163&newdeptid=15

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Soul4ger said:
The bundle at EB contains Platinum GC, Mario Kart, one controller, and a $15 coupon.

That's weird. Best Buy has a bundle with MKDD and 2 controllers.

I think this is a good bundle. Nintendo should just make it the standard Gamecube package for the next 6 months (until E3 rolls around and they annouce a price drop or something else). They need the sales.

Hmm, I wonder if Walmart will be selling the Gamecube for $79 on Black Friday again this year. These suckers would probably fly off the shelves.

Top Bottom