• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS Presentation 7 October

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Bloomberg via Gamefront.de

Nintendo will have a presentation next month in Tokyo where the NDS will be shown off as well as upcoming games.

Iwata and Miyamoto will be there to answer questions from the press.

I can understand the press knowing, but does anyone else find it silly to report news about news that will be reported? Kind of redundant imo.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Yay!

They really diidn't have the option of waiting much longer, with the launches about a month or two after that (US and Japan respectfully)

Probably be seeing alot more games coming out in the gaming mags before then, too.

Chrono

Banned
3 more weeks to wait.... I can do that. Surprise me Nintendo! :D

ManDudeChild said:
I can understand the press knowing, but does anyone else find it silly to report news about news that will be reported? Kind of redundant imo.

We talk about the dates for major shows/conferences all the time... It helps you prepare for that all-nighter.... :p

I think we may know a list of launch titles, dates, and games before that date...but I'm not absolutely sure. My guess is we'll get a list of games in 2 or so weeks (about a week before Oct. 7) and we'll get to see the games on Oct. 7. Release is still on schedule for a November release date in the U.S.

Stryder

What I'm interested in finding out about is whether or not there will be a global release in November (including Euro/Australia as well), I've read at places that it will be a global release, but I'm a little scared they could have just been implying that it was just Japan and the U.S. and that's enough to be called global (seeing as initially it was said that Japan would get it first).

It would rock to have it over here in Aus at the same time as well

Falch

Stryder said:
What I'm interested in finding out about is whether or not there will be a global release in November (including Euro/Australia as well), I've read at places that it will be a global release, but I'm a little scared they could have just been implying that it was just Japan and the U.S. and that's enough to be called global (seeing as initially it was said that Japan would get it first).

It would rock to have it over here in Aus at the same time as well

Iwata himself already confirmed back at E3 that Europe will have to wait until early (februari?) 2005. He even apoligized (sp?) for it.

Well at least I know how long it's going to take for major news. I was hoping for some stuff even earlier, but I'm guessing most developers are able to let the cat out of the bag due to the amount of new games we're seeing. So hopefully the wait till this event won't be so bad.

Well we have a few games that are showing up at TGS next week.

Perfect timing for me, I loose my broadband connection on October 1st and go back to my broken little 56k. Booo.

Stryder

radioheadrule83 said:
I don't care when it launches here in Europe... as long as these things are region free like GBA, I'll import.
I'll be doing the same then I guess (probably region free or not, knowing how delayed we get our releases here) :D

Not October yet :)

I did just play the DS again today and it was the finalized model. One thing that I discovered is that the Power button must be pressed for like 2 seconds for it to power-down the system. I believe the instruction manual that was posted awhile back stated the Power button would move to the right and left to turn on and off the system...but the models (which were the new ones) had a normal press button. The shoulder buttons are much improved over the E3 model and the unit is just so much better looking overall. The stylus goes in the back vertically and isn't very big at all.

Don't worry...I didn't get to play any finalized games yet :(

Still the same demos from E3...but in a new casing. Still, it's been about 4 months since I last played DS so it was still fun messing around with the various demos and I actually got some time in on the Submarine demo this time around. One thing I did notice was that when the system is turned on, in its current state it shows the standard "Game Boy" in rainbow colors on the top screen, which I found very odd since Nintendo has seemed to never want to name the system Game Boy.

I'm still in the dark as to what the launch titles (1st party) will be, but it's sounding like Mario 64 will most likely be at launch for sure from what I'm hearing. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until we all get to play real games on the system.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Craig Majaski said:
Don't worry...I didn't get to play any finalized games yet :(

Still the same demos from E3...but in a new casing. Still, it's been about 4 months since I last played DS so it was still fun messing around with the various demos and I actually got some time in on the Submarine demo this time around. One thing I did notice was that when the system is turned on, in its current state it shows the standard "Game Boy" in rainbow colors on the top screen, which I found very odd since Nintendo has seemed to never want to name the system Game Boy.

I'm still in the dark as to what the launch titles (1st party) will be, but it's sounding like Mario 64 will most likely be at launch for sure from what I'm hearing. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until we all get to play real games on the system.

What else do you know about Mario 64x4? Any new tidbits?

Craig Majaski said:
One thing I did notice was that when the system is turned on, in its current state it shows the standard "Game Boy" in rainbow colors on the top screen, which I found very odd since Nintendo has seemed to never want to name the system Game Boy.

I wonder since it boots up to the GBA screen, and it has a GBA link port, if we will be able to use the DS for connectivity purposes... I can finally have a fourth player in four swords regularly!

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Mario 64 X 4
Submarine
Nintendogs
Metroid Prime Hunters
Wario Ware DS

I think those will be the first 4 DS games from Nintendo.

I hope Pictochat is included as well...it would make so much sense for them to do that. If it was hardwired into the system it would be even better. Unfortunately Nintendo is being SO secretive about the DS that it's next to impossible to get any information from them, and honestly if I had information I probably wouldn't be able to tell you guys anyway.

I think Wario Ware and Mario 64 are going to be launch titles, for varying reasons of which I can't say. Last I heard Metroid might be going through some control changes and more tweaking so I wouldn't be surprised to see that next year. Same thing with Animal Crossing. Of course we could get some games this year that we don't even know exist given how secretive Nintendo has been about the DS and the software for it.

Oh, one last thing. I still have concerns with the touch screen getting scratched. I noticed the system I played had some permanent scratching on the screen. I don't know if that's the screen that's being used in the final design or not. Regardless, this might be the first time ever that I buy a 3rd party accessory for my portable (screen protector).

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
a part of me believes we will see a portable smash brothers early in the DS's life cycle.

One screen semi zoomed in on your character, other screen is a 2-d map that shows the location of all the combatants items etc. wouldn't be surprised if they waited till PSP time to launch it either so... ;P

Top Bottom