• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS, who's there for launch?

Deku Tree said:
I plan to get a launch DS with Mario 64 DS. Has the US release date moved up?

Just got this email from gamestop

the local game crazy is saying the same thing - 15 Nov. Secret launch? I just know that I can not open my DS until the semester is over because I don't want the distraction. :(

lexi

Banned
Any other confirmation on the 15th? Two gamestores changing dates isn't quite enough to seal the deal.

Edit: It appears Gamestop changed their date. No go. Launch still set for the 21st.

atomsk

Party Pooper
bune duggy said:
the local game crazy is saying the same thing - 15 Nov. Secret launch? I just know that I can not open my DS until the semester is over because I don't want the distraction. :(

woah, thank god i reserved mine at gamecrazy. :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
just called my boss

computer says its street dated for the 21st, but we will be getting actual systems around the 15th.

(this means, barring a broken street date, no one gets a ds till the 21st)

Email from IGN Gamestore:

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Nintendo DS

*link*

Old Release Date - 11/22/2004
New Release Date - 11/15/2004

Thank you for visiting IGN Gamestore!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product
will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime. IGN
Gamestore is in constant communication with product vendors to provide you
with the most accurate release dates possible.

I plan on getting it on the first day; however, I know close to nothing about this "Feel the Magic" game that a lot of people here (on this thread) plan to get. Is it an RPG or something? I should be looking this up myself but I'm at work and all of my favorite gaming sites -- not including this one -- are blocked... :(

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
it ships the 15th anyway, I have a feeling Nintendo may not care if street is broken, you might start to see it in stores tuesday if they begin selling them immediately.

Already have the DS paid for at Game Rush.

It'd be nice if the DS is released early, but what about the games? At EB, it looks like Feel the Magic ships on the 16th and Super Mario ships on the 20th. It wouldn't do much good to have the system early without any games for it.

NintendosBooger said:
I plan on getting it on the first day; however, I know close to nothing about this "Feel the Magic" game that a lot of people here (on this thread) plan to get. Is it an RPG or something? I should be looking this up myself but I'm at work and all of my favorite gaming sites -- not including this one -- are blocked... :(

Its like a Dating Sim-themed Wario Ware. It looks brilliant and uses alot of the DS's unique features.

atomsk said:
damn, hopefully someone will break street... it's a shame most KB Toys are no longer in buisiness :lol

this is exactly what the 5 game crazy's in the area are going to do. I talked to all of the managers, and they all said the same thing: District said sell 'em as soon as the box opens up.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Shit!

Hopefully i can persuade an unsuspecting Target employee to sell me a DS. Just remember to post where you got it if the street date does get broken. I want me some early DS lovin!

deadlifter said:
Shit!

Hopefully i can persuade an unsuspecting Target employee to sell me a DS. Just remember to post where you got it if the street date does get broken. I want me some early DS lovin!

I'll be on the look-out starting on Monday!

Nothing really jumps out at me out of the launch titles. But I want to try all of them.
I'd get RRDS if it were launch. Instead Ill probably go with Madden.

I'm afraid to get XXYY as my only game since it seems like it could get old fast.

seismologist said:
Nothing really jumps out at me out of the launch titles. But I want to try all of them.
I'd get RRDS if it were launch. Instead Ill probably go with Madden.

I'm afraid to get XXYY as my only game since it seems like it could get old fast.

I'm up for Mario 64, Spider-man 2 and Feel the Magic, Seismo. All three look to bring totally different aspects of the DS to life.

Shoryuken

Drinky Crow said:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE WILLING TO PAY FOR THIS

Because it will have the newest entries to many of my favorite series (Seiken Densetsu, Castlevania, Advance Wars) and generally looks like it will have some fun games. If I think the games are going to be fun I see no reason not to buy it. Out of all the games announced you seriously can't find five games that interest you or are you just not into games on Nintendo's systems?

Shoryuken said:
Because it will have the newest entries to many of my favorite series (Seiken Densetsu, Castlevania, Advance Wars) and generally looks like it will have some fun games. If I think the games are going to be fun I see no reason not to buy it. Out of all the games announced you seriously can't find five games that interest you or are you just not into games on Nintendo's systems?

You're better off ignoring him when he posts nonsense.

Jasoco

Banned
I'm willing to wait until the 21st, but damn. If it really came in on the 15th, I would be soooo there!

I am praying my store (Kmart) gets it on time. I would get a 10% discount which takes it to about 4% off MSRP after tax. So it's less than the actual price and tax free if you think about it. Either way, I will get one the second I am able to.

The games I am eagerly waiting for ate Mario 64 and well, Animal Crossing. But that's not for a while. I'm tempted by Mr. Driller, but I've never EVER played the games at all. So I don't know how it is, but if it's good... Also NEW Mario Bros., Super Princess Peach..

Also Feel the Magic, maybe Rayman for now. Not a Metroid fan per say, but I tried the demo on the Cube of the Prime 2 and I enjoyed it. But son't think I could get into it really, so we'll see I'mm just really looking forward to Mario 64.

I can't wait to see what is in store for this. I'm not after it for the unique technology, but the better looking actual 3D games that don't look like crappy GBA ports.

Yay!

krypt0nian said:
I'm up for Mario 64, Spider-man 2 and Feel the Magic, Seismo. All three look to bring totally different aspects of the DS to life.

Im starting to think Mario 64 will be THE game to get. Even though I've played it. Some of the mini games like the Luigi Poker look pretty addictive.
Spiderman 2 looks good 2. It makes good use of the touch screen sort of like Madden does.

king zell said:
you mean ignore him all the time..

You notice I just post as if he's invisi-text. He can perform his "trolling social experiment" alone in the dark.

I come here for news and honest discussion, not juvenile games. I can go to IGN for that.

Acrylamid

MrPing1000 said:
well I'm importing from Lik-Sang. First time I've ever done this so I expect it to fuck up somehow
I'm still undecided whether to import from Lik-Sang or from Play-Asia.
I've already imported a game from Lik-Sang (Mawaru Made in Wario) once and it was declared as a gift (->no customs duty :) ) and there were no problems whatsoever, but they still haven't announced the price and it's only 10 days till launch.

I'll get the US version with Super Mario 64 DS at the US launch and Sawaru Made in Wario at the Japanese launch.
I'm also interested in Feel the Magic but I'm not sure if I should trust a Sega game without a review and I'll get The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap on Friday so time and money are already very scarce for a student :( (Even though the Nintendo fanboy and videogamer in me would like to get Feel the Magic and Ridge Racer as well, without any money left to buy christmas presents :D ).

seismologist said:
Im starting to think Mario 64 will be THE game to get. Even though I've played it. Some of the mini games like the Luigi Poker look pretty addictive.

You know, I was just wondering if Luigi would have some kind of poker game. I get zapped into those little things for hours on end.

Also, krypt0nian is right. This is definitely how I treat his, and many other people's posts here now. Not worth the read. Best everyone did the same instead of getting decent topics derailed.

CoryCubed

I bet it is going to be Tuesday. I work at GameRush and our planogram (MAP) says to put up an endcap for DS next week Nov 16th with RENTAL games as well as NEW.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
CoryCubed said:
I bet it is going to be Tuesday. I work at GameRush and our planogram (MAP) says to put up an endcap for DS next week Nov 16th with RENTAL games as well as NEW.

That would really rock. Might make sense why some games are being sold before the 21st now, too. But I can wait either way. :)

Suerte

Gah, I wish it was the 15th because my dad is going to America on a business trip for a week, but it's from the 13th till the 20th - missing the 21st DS launch date >:|

Acrylamid

Lik-Sang has updated their prices!
-Nintendo DS - US$ 169.90
Contains a coupon for $20 off of a $40 order at Lik-Sang.com
-Super Mario 64 DS - US$ 39.90
- EDIT: There are shipping costs :(

celebrate.gif

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm gonna just go raid Best Buy and find a copy there, it worked when I was looking for the SP :lol There are a lot of stores that sell games within 5 or so miles from where I live. So me and my brother are both gonna get one...

He wants to get SM64DS, Feel The Magic, and Mr Driller... I'm just gonna get SM64DS - I can't afford very much after plopping down a ton of money on a car. I own the original SM64 but haven't ever bothered to finish it for some reason. (I got my n64 last year actually :p).

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
gold - just did the final confirmation with liksang for my preorder

cheers Acrylamid - wouldn't have known otherwise - they didn't email me.. well they probably WOULD email me tomorrow (monday) morning but eh.. earlier the better :p

Top Bottom