• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo patents key console online gaming features

8bit

Knows the Score
This so called Dr Brown is dangerous, he's a real nutcase. You hang around with him you're gonna end up in big trouble.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Fucking hell, are people so desperate to believe that Nintendo will one day go online that they're will to buy into this nonsense based on years old patents?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Mr Mike said:
Fucking hell, are people so desperate to believe that Nintendo will one day go online that they're will to buy into this nonsense based on years old patents?

Exactly, got play some console games online and then you'll see why its not worth the time.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Some of this speculation is ridiculous. Nintendo didn't invent online gaming. They only invented the Internet.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I think the reason The Register have written this article is the fact that whilst filed in 1998-1999, the change in status is that the patents scope was extended & the patent was granted at the start of this month.

Does this have repercussions? Who knows...

I can't see Nintendo getting into a patent war with MS or Sony, however the fact that the patent has been granted means they do have some ammunition now.

The prospect of MS having to pay royalties to Nintendo for it's Xbox Live service seems ridiculous, ditto for Sony, that doesn't mean it couldn't happen though. I would expect to see MS & Sony try to get this patent overturned by finding prior art before they would pay Nintendo a penny.

SantaCruZer said:
The military in the 60s invented the internet

HERETIC

811a.jpg

Top Bottom