• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference - Has Begun

DrLazy said:
So is this it? Where's the info? The conference began an hour and a half ago and all we know is $30 games and stylus controlled Mario with minin games? I thought they were going to have their playable launch lineup.

Exactly...media? Let's have it Nintendo! =)

Rahul

Why all the confusion and disillusion regarding use of the touch screen/stylus? Put it this way, do you think Nintendo would market and release a console with these features if it didn't work well? Would they design a Mario game if it wasn't easy and comfortable to play?

I can see some lesser developers screwing up initially and delivering dodgy control setups as they get used to how things work on the new platform, but Nintendo would hardly make that kind of mistake. Hell, they designed it.

That said, they can't control how new users will react. But like the developers I think it's just a matter of time before everyone gets used to things.

:starts shitting bricks:

where the fuck is the rest of the news? alright, everyone just sit tight, it has to go down eventually. i guarentee that much.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Rahul said:
Why all the confusion and disillusion regarding use of the touch screen/stylus? Put it this way, do you think Nintendo would market and release a console with these features if it didn't work well? Would they design a Mario game if it wasn't easy and comfortable to play?

vboy.jpg

no no no. my source has come through on a bajillion different occasions. straight up, i'd bet my dick that he's 110%. correct.

it's really not a matter of believing him to me, im just waiting at this point. what gives i wonder.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Johnny Nighttrain said:
:starts shitting bricks:

where the fuck is the rest of the news? alright, everyone just sit tight, it has to go down eventually. i guarentee that much.
Get Him!!
resident-evil-4-20040924011720995.jpg

bailout.jpg

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Johnny Nighttrain said:
no no no. my source has come through on a bajillion different occasions. straight up, i'd bet my dick that he's 110%. correct.

it's really not a matter of believing him to me, im just waiting at this point. what gives i wonder.

*gets out knife*

olimario

Banned
Johnny Nighttrain said:

Right... Waiting until an actual conference begins tomorrow.

Usa today also said about MP Hunters: "This complex arrangement nonetheless works fairly well when players grip the DS with their left hand, hold the stylus in their right, and rest the DS on one thigh. (Users can switch to alternative control schemes.)" It's not like they hated it. And it's not like Metroid Prime for GC felt all that natural at first either.

And yes, it seems all the info from this "conference" is in the usa today article.

so no conference? what the fuck.

i thought bloomberg said it was going down in japan at 2pm their time?

well, if that's the case, i guess we have some more waiting to do. fuck, had i known i would've waited.

everybody forget what i said til tomorrow.

Johnny Nighttrain said:

well, if that's the case, i guess we have some more waiting to do. fuck, had i known i would've waited.

hahaha..we tricked you out of your secrets.

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
Usa today also said about MP Hunters: "This complex arrangement nonetheless works fairly well when players grip the DS with their left hand, hold the stylus in their right, and rest the DS on one thigh. (Users can switch to alternative control schemes.)" It's not like they hated it. And it's not like Metroid Prime for GC felt all that natural at first either.

And yes, it seems all the info from this "conference" is in the usa today article.

Resting it on your thigh???? I guess no playing standing up then?????

IGN Craig said:

"Also, I'll be heading up to Seattle for a press conference at NOA headquarters on Wednesday night and Thursday. I'll try to get everything up before everyone else when the DS stuff goes down. Nix will be holding down the fort back in San Francisco during this time since both US and Japan will have simultaneous press conferences...and while I'm out shmoozing with the Nintendo of America folk, Nix will be keeping an eye out for any important info that's coming out of Japan. "

So WTF? Simutaneous conferences or not?

Scalemail Ted said:
hahaha..we tricked you out of your secrets.
man, i really hope my source doesn't see this. cause i don't even have a good excuse like being drunk and at a party then meeting some cool gamer out of nowhere and telling him everything.....shit.

Hmm... So 7 from Nintendo, total, before the end of the year?

Launch:
Mario 64 DS
Wario Ware DS (?)
Nintendogs (?)
Animal Crossing DS (?)
Mario Kart DS (?)

Sometime after launch:
Metroid Prime: Hunters
(?)

What am I missing? There is still that new Super Mario game, but that probably won't be out for a while.

Ollie Pooch

by 'tomorrow' we're meaning the 7th right? at 11am?

cos its 3pm on the 7th in perth at the moment :p SO!

i assume around midnight tonight perth time there wil be a conference,hmmmm?

*time zones messing with my head*

julls said:
by 'tomorrow' we're meaning the 7th right? at 11am?

cos its 3pm on the 7th in perth at the moment :p SO!

i assume around midnight tonight perth time there wil be a conference,hmmmm?

*time zones messing with my head*

Sorry yes on the 7th .....11am NOA time? (Pacific)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Who was it that I got in a big fight with and had to pwn about time zones? Was it the WW compas guy? :lol

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
olimario said:
My source says says it's late and we should all get some good sleep if there is no DS news by 2:10 Central Time.

I must be your source, cause that's exactly what i was thinking.

skip

Johnny Nighttrain said:

midnight press release:

NINTENDO OF AMERICA ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF THE NAME "JOHNNY NIGHTTRAIN"

Redmond, WA - October 6, 2004 -

olimario

Banned
scola said:
Who was it that I got in a big fight with and had to pwn about time zones? Was it the WW compas guy? :lol

:lol
The wind waker compass thing was classic. I hope that was archived.

Shoryuken

metsallica said:
Hmm... So 7 from Nintendo, total, before the end of the year?

Launch:
Mario 64 DS
Wario Ware DS (?)
Nintendogs (?)
Animal Crossing DS (?)
Mario Kart DS (?)

Sometime after launch:
Metroid Prime: Hunters
(?)

What am I missing? There is still that new Super Mario game, but that probably won't be out for a while.

It seems inconceivable that Nintendo can have all those games ready at launch. If they are, this'll probably make this Nintendo's (first-party wise) best launch lineup.

krypt0nian said:
Sorry yes on the 7th .....11am NOA time? (Pacific)

According to the poster at Nintendo's forums, the gamer's summit is supposed to start at 11AM EST, so that would make it 8AM PST.

Ollie Pooch

olimario said:
11am NOA time is 1pm central, correct?

oh.

The conference will be held tomorow morning at about 11 am eastern time in Seattle

but my source at the timeanddate.com worldclock section says EST is on EDT!

*head explodes*

this is getting pretty confusing. ok, so what's the deal, if there was a press conference, where's the fuckin launch line up?

bloomberg said they were having a press conference at 2PM, which, seems like it happened based on those pictures, but what the fuck, there's like no info.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Well I guess we can just bump this sucker in several hours. Should be in around 8-9 hours yeah?

Ollie Pooch

Johnny Nighttrain said:
this is getting pretty confusing. ok, so what's the deal, if there was a press conference, where's the fuckin launch line up?

maybe nintendo got confused by the time zones like i did :p

neo2046

olimario said:
Ouuu la la
What is this all about?
Were any games shown? Any media?
actually the conference is not finished yet (or just finished?)
maybe some media lare available later
and it seems people from Nintendo, square-Enix, Sega, Pokemon Ltd will do the presentation soon

Top Bottom