• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo release dates (FF 1+2 GBA)

CrisKre

Just got a new relase date list by nintendo and noted some interesting things:

FF 1&2 is being released by N on Nov 29th

They have the DS set for a Nov 1st release date

Kirby GBA is for October 18th and Starfox for Nov 29the

Geist is still December and Paper Mario 2 is for Oct 11th

Mario Party 6 and GBA Mario Party for Dec 6th

They have Mario Tennis for GC/GBA slated for a feb 05 release

and Zelda: Magical Hood (name change?) for feb 14th 2005

ge-man

What the hell is taking so long with the Tennis and Golf games. I hope that means Camelot has been working on something really big at the same time.

jarrod

Banned
FF1+2 this year is a nice swift change. I've got a feeling NOA scooped this one up last second as E3 was starting, when they discovered Square Enix USA was only planning on releasing Kingdom Hearts here for whatever dumb reason.

Any word on which DS games will be launching with it? My guess would be Mario 64x4 and Wario Ware DS, with Animal Crossing in December and Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart early next year.

Yeah, part of me hopes that Animal Crossing doesn't release until next year. Purchasing all these fall/winter releases on GameCube along with a DS and Animal Crossing will put me in the poor house.

.....or the street corner....

CrisKre

It doesn't mention any specific games on the Ds front. They did tell us at E3 they where only launching it if they tought they had a REALLY impressibe list of games lined up for launch (which included 3rd party titles, especially EA games), so my guess is many big names will show up from Nov till the end of the year. Exactly which is anyones guess.

Mashing

The fuck.. why would they be wary of publshing that one? It should sell ok (granted, if it didn't havet he card aspect it'd probably do better, but that's a design decision and one they have to live with)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
jarrod said:
FF1+2 this year is a nice swift change. I've got a feeling NOA scooped this one up last second as E3 was starting, when they discovered Square Enix USA was only planning on releasing Kingdom Hearts here for whatever dumb reason.

Wasn't this actually announced at E3? I swear it was. I'd check my news archives, but well, they're gone. I thought Nintendo announced it would be publishing the game and that it was set for fourth quarter. Maybe I'm just confused.

I'd really like to have DK: King of Swing sooner rather than later...

Memles

I really hope they don't release Mario Tennis GCN and GBA at the same time, or if they do they offer a package dea to keep it inexpensive, because I don't exactly want to have to buy both at the same time, but I will anyways.

Dan said:
Wasn't this actually announced at E3? I swear it was. I'd check my news archives, but well, they're gone. I thought Nintendo announced it would be publishing the game and that it was set for fourth quarter. Maybe I'm just confused.

The Nintendo/Square connection on FF1+2 was made clear with the Nintendo E3 product guide, yes, but I didn't see a release date in it. EB was going with a September release until now.

jarrod

Banned
Nintendo's E3 site had said "tba 2005" for FF1+2 I thought, but now it's only "announced". Also didn't know Disney was publishing Chain of Memories on GBA... seems Square Enix USA isn't publishing GBA content at all, despite Enix USA's previous intention to begin GBA publishing before the merger. I wonder if they'll give DS or PSP a shot for publishing or look to Nintendo/Sony to release their products there as well?

My god so many games to get this year. Ah well, I'm definitely getting all of those GBA games, especially FF1+2, I've never actually played them. Oh and yay for Kirby finally coming over here. :D

NWO

reggieandTFE said:
Can I get a big FUCK YOU from Nintendo with this one?

Why? Would anybody be actually playing this game with all the other releases this December? At least it will do something saleswise in Feb. And they should also push back Geist to that time frame as well.

jarrod

Banned
So rounding up everything announced so far...

GameCube
-Pokemon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (Nintendo EAD) Jul 12
-Pikmin 2 (Nintendo EAD) Aug 30
-Donkey Konga (Namco) Sep 27
-Paper Mario 2 (Intelligent Systems) Oct 11
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Retro Studios) Nov 15
-StarFox (Namco) Nov 29
-Mario Party 6 (Hudson Soft) Dec 06
-Geist (n-Space) Dec
-Mario Tennis (Camelot) February 05
-Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (Nintendo Tokyo R&D) 2005
-Fire Emblem (Intelligent Systems) 2005
-Yoot Saito's Odama (Vivarium) 2005
-Advance Wars: Under Fire (Kuju Entertainment) 2005
-The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo EAD) 2005

GameBoy Advance
-Mario Golf: Advance Tour (Camelot) Jun 21
-Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games! (Alpha Dream) Jul 26
-Pokemon Fire Red Version (GameFreak Entertainment) Sep 07
-Pokemon Leaf Green Version (GameFreak Entertainment) Sep 07
-F-Zero: GP Legend (Suzac) Sep 14
-Mario Pinball (Fuse Games) Oct 04
-Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (HAL Labratory) Oct 18
-Donkey Kong Country 2 (Rare) Nov 15
-Final Fantasy I+II (Square Enix Division 7) Nov 29
-Mario Party Advance (Hudson Soft) Dec 06
-Mario Tennis (Camelot) Feb 05
-The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Capcom Studio 1) Feb 14
-Donkey Kong: King of Swing (Paon) 2005

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Nintendo's first-party GC 2005 lineup already isn't half bad even from this vantagepoint (even more assuming Geist is pushed back and polished up).

Also, is there anyone else who thinks that for sales and quality reasons, the new Starfox could afford an '05 slip as well?

Sagitario

jarrod said:
So rounding up everything announced so far...

GameCube
-Pokemon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (Nintendo EAD) Jul 12
-Pikmin 2 (Nintendo EAD) Aug 30
-Donkey Konga (Namco) Sep 27
-Paper Mario 2 (Intelligent Systems) Oct 11
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Retro Studios) Nov 15
-StarFox (Namco) Nov 29
-Mario Party 6 (Hudson Soft) Dec 06
-Geist (n-Space) Dec
-Mario Tennis (Camelot) February 05
-Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (Nintendo Tokyo R&D) 2005
-Fire Emblem (Intelligent Systems) 2005
-Yoot Saito's Odama (Vivarium) 2005
-Advance Wars: Under Fire (Kuju Entertainment) 2005
-The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo EAD) 2005

GameBoy Advance
-Mario Golf: Advance Tour (Camelot) Jun 21
-Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games! (Alpha Dream) Jul 26
-Pokemon Fire Red Version (GameFreak Entertainment) Sep 07
-Pokemon Leaf Green Version (GameFreak Entertainment) Sep 07
-F-Zero: GP Legend (Suzac) Sep 14
-Mario Pinball (Fuse Games) Oct 04
-Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (HAL Labratory) Oct 18
-Donkey Kong Country 2 (Rare) Nov 15
-Final Fantasy I+II (Square Enix Division 7) Nov 29
-Mario Party Advance (Hudson Soft) Dec 06
-Mario Tennis (Camelot) Feb 05
-The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Capcom Studio 1) Feb 14
-Donkey Kong: King of Swing (Paon) 2005

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO broke... :( .

jarrod

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
Did you add the name in, or is some official list actually calling it that?
That's the Japanese title actually, NOA's only referred to it as Odama. Hopefully Yoot sneaks his name in there before release though. :)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Minish was shit. I've heard a few people pronouncing it like "mine".

Just a rubbish name.

The Magical Hood is hardly great, but better.

Gunsmoke said:
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

becomes

The Legend of Zelda: Magical Hood ?

Why change it ?!??@! ~ bah
lepinthehoodpic1.jpg

Mama Smurf said:
Minish was shit. I've heard a few people pronouncing it like "mine".

Just a rubbish name.
People still pronounce "Ocarina" strangely. Doesn't make the title any worse. I thought Minish Cap sounded good.

Alcibiades

can someone lock this thread since those dates are different/unconfirmed at this point, like Mario Party 6 might not even be out this year...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Why is Kirby and DKC2 coming out so late? The damn games are arleady in English and out in Europe

Top Bottom