• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nintendo revolution, proof inside

Chrono

Banned
The patients have their skulls opened and the electrodes placed on the surface of the brain to find out where their seizures are originating, so the connections in that area can be cut in the hope of a cure.

::hugs his Gamecube::

Kuramu

c'mon, i'm obviously joking about the nintendo thing. Imagine in 20 years, we might be playing games with our brains... not to mention the possibilities with artificial limbs. A friend of mine just had both hands removed, and this sort of thing brings great hope for exciting inovations

edit: also, the article mentions that ther'ye working toward a non-invasive probe thingy... no open skulls

RiZ III

So with electrodes plugged into ur brain cant they also send all sorts of messages that would make u feel love, pain, so on? Its like a real life matrix almost. The end is near.

Chrono

Banned
RiZ III said:
So with electrodes plugged into ur brain cant they also send all sorts of messages that would make u feel love, pain, so on? Its like a real life matrix almost. The end is near.

Hmm.. that could be cool in one way. However, I could see a split between games if that happens: "real" games that use that technology and fully immerse you in their worlds and "traditional" games that only use controllers and TVs. I'm playing REmake on my cube and I would NOT want to feel a zombie's bite on my neck. No thanks you. :D

oh and.. ::gives gofreak a cookie::

Kuramu

you kids today, spoiled with your newfangled wireless brainwave games. when i was a kid we used to have to open our skulls to play the latest Mario.... annnnnnd wewweee liked it!

this just in, first actual pix of the new device

Back_to_Doc.jpg

I've always thought that in the future, if I lose one of my hands or both, they would be able to allow your brain to control the game mentally. Granted, I don't expect this type of usability (and cost) for at least a decade. Then again, look at how they've improved the invisible cloak. The future is now.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Great, just great.

by the time this is mainstream I will be far to old to get the full benefits of cyber sex.

Tekky

catfish said:
Great, just great.

by the time this is mainstream I will be far to old to get the full benefits of cyber sex.

Actually, you can look at it the other way around.

By the time this is mainstream, cyber sex will be your only option.

Top Bottom