• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Boke1879

Best buy charged my card today. All order statuses changed to Preparing and are all set to arrive on March 2nd (?????? I'm okay with this?)

Switch console, zelda CE, bomberman, second set of joycons, pro controller, zelda amiibo and charge grip.

My bank account hurts.

I'm hoping I can get my a day early like I am with Horizon. My Zelda SE hasn't been charged yet though.

Tiandrad

Banned
It's my understanding that target stores didn't do preorders for the switch. Does anyone know if this is true? Is it just going to be sold on a first come basis?

tumblr_m6q3olS0nA1rqi6boo1_400.gif

lindseybp

There are zero games at launch that would use 4 joycons right? I have an extra set preordered but if I'm not going to need them until mario kart comes out I'm not going to waste my money.

JMY86

I'm really nervous about my preorder with Amazon. Not because I don't think it will be fulfilled but because Amazon has really dropped the ball with shipping lately because of their use of USPS. I wish there was a way to select your carrier as a Prime member. I'd even pay more to avoid using USPS.

My Xbox One S and PS4 Pro were both shipped from Amazon via UPS for release day delivery. They were both sent from Indiana distribution center. I would actually rather have mine shipped via USPS my mail arrives between 10-11 AM but anytime I get a UPS delivery it never comes until after 4 PM for some reason.

Kaelan

Doubt I'll get it a day earlier with amazon but its a possiblity. I remember when the PS4 came out it got delivered a day early

Otnopolit

So, Gamestop told me they upgraded my shipping of my Switch to launch day. HOWEVER, my credit card has a pending charge for the switch and the shipping method I had before. So I don't trust them enough to have changed it. Any other gaffers out there with experience in these departments?

akileese

Ugh, I don't know what to get for a Multiplayer game for Switch. 1 2 Switch looks like fun, but I can't see that being fun more than a few times unfortunately. I love Bomberman but I'm slightly concerned about the quality of it and performance.

Pretty sure I'm going to pick up Snipperclips now though. I just wanted another multiplayer game but I might hold off on both of those. Only about 2 months wait anyway until Mario Kart drops.

If you have friends to play with locally and you like to knock a few back, I could see 1-2 Switch being a blast giving the amount of games there are.

My Xbox One S and PS4 Pro were both shipped from Amazon via UPS for release day delivery. They were both sent from Indiana distribution center. I would actually rather have mine shipped via USPS my mail arrives between 10-11 AM but anytime I get a UPS delivery it never comes until after 4 PM for some reason.

The thing is, I think the USPS Amazon deliveries are done separately from my regular mail carrier, because they arrive at different times. My regular mail carrier is fine, but whoever is delivering Amazon stuff is flat out terrible. I've had multiple packages not show up but be marked as delivered or that delivery was attempted when it wasn't. Amazon always resolves it, but it's super aggravating. They even "lost" a package of shoelaces I was having delivered!

BFIB

I've never not had USPS drop anything off from Amazon and leave it on my doorstep, but I'm tempted to have the address changed to my parent's house. They will have my daughter on Friday anyway, and I would be heading there to get her after work.

Just anxious about doing that and somehow losing my order number.

So, Gamestop told me they upgraded my shipping of my Switch to launch day. HOWEVER, my credit card has a pending charge for the switch and the shipping method I had before. So I don't trust them enough to have changed it. Any other gaffers out there with experience in these departments?

What does "Gamestop told you" mean?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Probably just shipping them out early in the week via standard shipping so everyone gets it on Friday. It's why they charged everyone almost a full week before launch.

Otnopolit

Probably just shipping them out early in the week via standard shipping so everyone gets it on Friday. It's why they charged everyone almost a full week before launch.

I see, this calms me a bit. It's still a mystery why they haven't charged me the extra $15 like they said they would, however.

FZZ

Banned
Haven't been charged by best buy yet

order January 12th in socal, easily one of the first pre-orders

:/

live in socal though so maybe that's why I haven't been charged yet

edit: called chase and preapproved my purchase tho

Zacillac

Neo Member

I'm in the same boat, but up in Seattle. Hoping by the end of the day we'll have more of them "preparing".

bumpkin

Woot! My Joy-Con and charging grip order from Best Buy has been charged to my credit card and now says "Preparing." It's going to be brutal if I get them before my system. I'll be staring at them, holding them, fidgeting with their buttons and so on, wishing I had the console to connect them to.

Just checked my bank account and my card got charged from Best Buy, and my orders now say preparing...unfortunately all I preordered from them was the Pro coontroller and the Zelda amiibo.

My Switch and BotW copy is from Amazon :(

Im in SoCal too..having the neon console shipped to my house..ordered online on Jan 12th..still says pre ordered processing, been that way from the moment I pre ordered it..yet the amiibos that I ordered all say preparing..and my pro controller says preparing

FZZ

Banned
Im in SoCal too..having the neon console shipped to my house..ordered online on Jan 12th..still says pre ordered processing, been that way from the moment I pre ordered it..yet the amiibos that I ordered all say preparing..and my pro controller says preparing

Been seeing it all over

Neon switches on the West Coast haven't started charging people yet, idk why

EloquentM

aka Mannny

You live in so cal too? Also where is your damn ye tag

tbro777

Neo Member
I'm hoping my switch preorder is safe,I had my debit card info stolen, so my bank cancelled my card and issued a new one. I talked to Amazon customer service and they said changing to a different card won't affect the order though I've heard many people say it puts you to the back of the line. I just hope I get the new card before they try to charge the old card, looks like it's supposed to ship on Wednesday.

FZZ

Banned
You live in so cal too? Also where is your damn ye tag

ye socal all my life man

As for my tag, I complained about it so much they changed it back to member

tbh all I wanted was it changed from L to W

kinda miss it, but kinda don't

mods giveth and taketh away

EloquentM

aka Mannny
ye socal all my life man

As for my tag, I complained about it so much they changed it back to member

tbh all I wanted was it changed from L to W

kinda miss it, but kinda don't

mods giveth and taketh away
They'll give it back if your switch got a faulty joycon on Friday =x

I've got the authorization from GameStop on my card. I updated shipping via phone earlier this week to release day and the amount is correct given that.

Now that it's a launch game I'm gonna get Snipperclips day one along with Zelda.

hwy_61

Banned
The good thing about Amazon contracting local couriers is packages get to me earlier, the bad thing is if you live in an apartment building. Those guys will leave your package outside, they don't give a FUUUUCK.

Shipping. My pro controller, which is in-store, has had 0 movement.

When I worked at Best Buy, these preorders you make are based off of in store inventory, when the store receives it theyre notified, our systems make us grab the item and put it aside, then you're notified when it's available to pick up. So we might not hear about those orders for a while..

I've got the authorization from GameStop on my card. I updated shipping via phone earlier this week to release day and the amount is correct given that.

Now that it's a launch game I'm gonna get Snipperclips day one along with Zelda.

Release day says "Day one" one the order status, doesn't it? I had to update mine last week too after noticing it had free shipping and I panicked since I recalled choosing release day delivery at checkout

jb1234

Mine hasn't shipped yet :/

It says it'll be available for pickup by March 3rd tho

The website still lists it as being "undefined by March 9th." :( I'm okay with it arriving later because I need to finish up Hollow Knight and Trails in the Sky SC but I definitely want it to arrive at SOME point. :p

sadromeo

I am in the same boat. Amiibos preparing but neon switch and charging grip still pre-ordered and I am in SoCal.

javadoze

Switch preorder at Gamestop not really looking any different.

BotW preorder at Bestbuy now showing "Preparing" status.

Don't screw this up, Gamestop.

spock

Asked this before but never go a reply, can anyone confirm using amazon gift card credit on my pre order wont mess with any of the shipping time correct? Should I call and do it instead of doing it on line? Want to pay for my switch/zelda using a amazon gift card.

Much love & gratitude in advance for replying.

JavyOO7

You know what, good idea about calling Chase. I have a Wells Fargo DC and CC, and I now remember that when I bought the Wii U on day one at Walmart the first swipe of the card didn't go through... until WF called me. They asked me to authorize the purchase and I did.

When I finish studying I will give them a call.

edit - The Switch, Zelda, and all the BOTW amiibos are through Amazon

enbred

Banned
Asked this before but never go a reply, can anyone confirm using amazon gift card credit on my pre order wont mess with any of the shipping time correct? Should I call and do it instead of doing it on line? Want to pay for my switch/zelda using a amazon gift card.

Much love & gratitude in advance for replying.
I've done it many times in the past month, never messed up anything... But I would be worried about doing it this close to launch especially after the recent Amazon-Nintendo weirdness. Especially with Zelda.

Vitacat

Stopped by my local Gamestop, which is the main Gamestop in my area.

They said they'll be getting maybe 10 extra units. o_O

So basically, since I stupidly missed preordering, I will probably need to camp early on Thursday and try to be on whatever line happens. And yeah, I know I might have a better chance at Bestbuy, and I would prefer Bestbuy, but I have a ton of Gamestop credit that needs to spent.

Top Bottom