• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
For anyone with Prime trying to get one on launch day without a preorder, Prime Now will have some stock available.

DsNpCes.jpg

maxcriden

No physical games :(

Same here - though I have to wait for a midnight in-store launch or a next morning launch depending when GS opens and then hope download speeds are ok - won't be able to play till Friday afternoon so I'm hoping that's enough of a buffer. But, hopefully the eShop goes up ASAP and you can get some downloads going!

ctfg23

I have some wall outlets with USB ports in them. If I have a good USB-C cable I should be OK just plugging it straight into the wall, right?

M-PG71C

I'll be going to the midnight launch at Best Buy for the Switch. My games, however, are coming via Amazon on that Friday. So I'm really, really, hopeful the eShop is online. I at least want to hook it up, get the firmware update going, and then download a digital title while I wait for Zelda/Bomberman to show up.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
How does this work? Check on the site March 3?
Either the site or the app. Amazon twitter account might post times for it later this week like they did for the NES classics sold on prime now. Stock varies by city though, so you should probably launch the app now and see if the ad pops up for you to see if it'll be on sale in your city. On the site it's one of the last banners in the front page while on the app it's front and center under the search bar.

Reddit post was made about someone getting their Neon Switch shipping confirmation from Best Buy and they live on the west coast

Comment was made about half an hour ago

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5wb7ir/megathread_order_status_and_shipments//#announcement

Hopefully they start preparing more units on the west coast, I just know once my card gets charged ill be in the clear

I hope so cause I just checked my online order..no authorization sent to my best buy credit card..still stuck on pre ordered processing

So I got charged Saturday for my BOTW Master Edition from GameStop and I paid extra for the one-day shipping. What are the chances I DON'T get it Friday?

Either the site or the app. Amazon twitter account might post times for it later this week like they did for the NES classics sold on prime now. Stock varies by city though, so you should probably launch the app now and see if the ad pops up for you to see if it'll be on sale in your city. On the site it's one of the last banners in the front page while on the app it's front and center under the search bar.

Interesting, I might try for one as well. I missed all of the preorder chances because I had been on the fence about getting one, but I've given into the hype like I always do and now I'm trying to find a way to snag one at launch.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Reddit post was made about someone getting their Neon Switch shipping confirmation from Best Buy and they live on the west coast

Comment was made about half an hour ago

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5wb7ir/megathread_order_status_and_shipments//#announcement

Hopefully they start preparing more units on the west coast, I just know once my card gets charged ill be in the clear

Well, if true, perhaps they ship West to East (Hawaii->West Coast->etc.)

Kamek

EC here. No in-store pick up confirmation e-mails yet for wither of the 2 switches i pre-ordered (one for me (neon) one for my brother (boring version).

Darklor01

Idk about that because a lot of midwestern and east coast states already got their Best Buy orders changed from processing to preparing

some even began shipping

Well, I think that's more about charging to credit cards going through more than actual shipping. I would think that's location agnostic. I don't actually know though.

I'm curious about this as well. Gonna be really bummed if my Switch shows up but my game doesn't. :(

Same. Everything else I have reserved and paid in full at Gamestop for pick up but my SE is ordered on the website with Day One delivery... It'll be a nailbiter sitting around waiting

So...what are chances of walking in Friday and picking one up?

If this was a November launch I'd say "no chance", but since it's in March, I honestly have no idea. Could be easy to grab one on Friday morning or you may have to wait outside for a few hours before the store opens.

Has anyone got an email about BotW from amazon? I have the standard edition preordered (did so day 1), but it still says "Not yet Shipped" and that they'll email when available. Wtf?!

sadromeo

I wouldn't get worried til Tuesday

but it IS really weird that it's only the Neon model and on the west coast

I know people who ordered the Neon from Florida and theirs is shipping

no idea what's going on or how Best Buy's system works

I just called Best Buy customer service and was given a resolution # and reassurance that my order has been authorized and still on track to deliver by Friday. Again, in SoCal with a neon switch pre-order still stuck on Pre-Ordered status.

I would suggest anyone in the same situation to give Best Buy customer service a call just to be sure. They mentioned they had many calls yesterday about this and have an update for all that called yesterday or anyone that calls today.

Sargon

I have some wall outlets with USB ports in them. If I have a good USB-C cable I should be OK just plugging it straight into the wall, right?

I am still curious about this as well. If I use a USB-A to USB-C cable, will it provide enough juice to charge the Switch, and will it cause any damage to the battery over the long run by charging at a slower rate?

FZZ

Banned
I just called Best Buy customer service and was given a resolution # and reassurance that my order has been authorized and still on track to deliver by Friday. Again, in SoCal with a neon switch pre-order still stuck on Pre-Ordered status.

I would suggest anyone in the same situation to give Best Buy customer service a call just to be sure. They mentioned they had many calls yesterday about this and have an update for all that called yesterday or anyone that calls today.

is it the same number they have online, because last time I called them it just sent me to an automated system where I can only check my order status

how can I talk to a rep?

enbred

Banned
If the card used on an Amazon order gets declined, is there any chance Amazon would automatically try to charge another card I have saved with them? That would cause a problem for me. Should I delete the other card just in case or there is no need to worry about this happening?

Persona7

Banned
Has anyone got an email about BotW from amazon? I have the standard edition preordered (did so day 1), but it still says "Not yet Shipped" and that they'll email when available. Wtf?!

It won't ship until either Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. The status is meaningless for the most part as it's just an estimation.

If the card used on an Amazon order gets declined, is there any chance Amazon would automatically try to charge another card I have saved with them? That would cause a problem for me. Should I delete the other card just in case or there is no need to worry about this happening?

As far as I know it won't attempt to charge any other cards. I think you can setup a backup card for prime and video subscriptions but that's different.

Bionic

No, they will ask you to update the payment information.

my bestbuy is awesome. I just got a call from my local store to let me know they are putting my system and Zelda SE edition aside, to not worry about anything (it is preordered, but it was cool of them to call). They asked me if I need any extra accessories so they could put that aside and I can just pay and pick it up once I get my switch.

He told me the store opens at 11pm, and they will let everyone in. we get the items we want to purchase, make the purchase, and wait until midnight , then they will let us out.

Its-Happening-gif.gif

DonShula

They will email you and ask you to update your payment method. But I'd delete any old or unused cards anyway for the trouble they can cause at Checkout on lightning deals.

ACE 1991

Question to everyone here:

If Zelda wasn't being released on the Switch day one (and there wasn't some other huge nintendo launch release) would you guys wait a significant amount of time for the software to catch up before buying a Switch? Just curious :)

Gaz_RB

If Zelda wasn't being released on the Switch day one (and there wasn't some other huge nintendo launch release) would you guys wait a significant amount of time for the software to catch up before buying a Switch? Just curious :)

100%

Darklor01

Just a head start in shipping. Ship time is the longest when going to Hawaii and Alaska.

Yep, that's what I kind of figured. They are shipping out to places that take longer to try to get it to them on time (or early).

maxcriden

Interesting, I might try for one as well. I missed all of the preorder chances because I had been on the fence about getting one, but I've given into the hype like I always do and now I'm trying to find a way to snag one at launch.

Another way to snag one at launch, copy/pasting some advice I've been giving others:

My biggest recommendation would be:
Have you been in the BST thread in the community forum? If you're in NA especially, several posters have been selling their preorders at cost in there, and you can check anyone's feedback in the feedback thread.

Alternately if you're in NA some stores are doing first come first serve, Target I know is one, I think Walmart also, and probably some others. I'd call your local store to see how many they're getting in and if they're selling at midnight and I'd arrive early. GS is getting limited stock also so you may want to call them too.

DonShula

I am still curious about this as well. If I use a USB-A to USB-C cable, will it provide enough juice to charge the Switch, and will it cause any damage to the battery over the long run by charging at a slower rate?

Not an engineer but I don't think batteries can be damaged by charging them too slowly, can they? I thought charging too quickly was the problem.

All my Switch stuff on Amazon says "Arriving Friday Not yet shipped", with it expected to ship on March 1st. So on Wednesday, things should be happening.

Oh man, my travel case shipped today. Should get it by tomorrow night.

Will be added to the Switch accessories pile, along with my USB C cable and power adapter.

maxcriden

If the launch lineup was similar to 3DS, I think I would wait, though part of me would be tempted to get one in case supply is constrained later.

Gotcha. Man oh man BotW looks absolutely incredible but I'm worried my Switch would collect dust once I finished it for months on if I bought one in the next few weeks.

There are plenty of non-BOTW coming soon, though, especially if you don't have a Wii U. From first party we have Snipperclips at launch, then soon MK8D, ARMS and Splatoon, and an insane amount of great looking indies like Snake Pass and hopefully very soon Yooka-Laylee. Zelda seems like it will take a lot of time to play through so I think I will be all set with just that for a while, but it seems there are plenty of especially downloadable games coming soon. Of course, if BOTW performs well enough on Wii U and you have one, I'd say just get it there if you're feeling iffy on the near-future Switch offerings. But if you're pumped about BOTW and the money aspect isn't an issue, and you don't have a Wii U, why not treat yourself to BOTW as soon as possible?

Top Bottom