• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
url]

We got at my store.

It begins.

No image

I was able to call the Amazon warehouse that I presume my Nintendo™ Switch is located at, spoke to the floor manager and he assured me that it will be shipped out and that they would be fully staffed that day with no current call outs or people on vacation at the moment, all seems well there. So I then called UPS and spoke with the head delivery manager who will be in charge of picking up my Switch at the Amazon warehouse and delivering it to the UPS sorting facility, I asked for his license number so I could check his driving record to make sure he was the best choice to handle my Switch. I then called my local BRINKS security company and asked the prices on home/porch security officer to stand watch at my home since I will be at work on Friday and I don't want anyone taking my Switch off my porch during the 10 minute drive I have from my job to home, not too bad price wise, I'll look into it further tomorrow. Thinking of perhaps renting a faster vehicle for the week so my 10 minute drive is a little shorter just in case I need it.

This is fantastic.

I'm a little irritated.

I ordered the 200GB Sandisk card right when the Amazon outage happened. My order was stuck and I called in to cancel so I get my credit back. Upon trying to order again, they're sold out. (Amazon Prime Now)

I got another credit due to the outage. Worth downgrading to the 128GB and only pay $3 shipped?

Why the rush? You aren't going to fill up the internal memory in a couple of days.

nikos

So I just went to Best Buy to inquire about my online preorder for in-store pickup. To make a long story short, my card's expiration date and security code have changed, but the number is the same.

According to the person who helped me, it won't be a problem. She said I'll be charged in-store, when the Switch is picked up. Hopefully that's actually the case. Nothing will ease my mind, lol.

How hard is it going to be to get a switch on day one just walking in?

Real answer: nobody knows. We have no idea how much preorder stock is allocated for non-preorders. If it helps, evidence suggests you should go somewhere other than gamestop.

Just making the daily trip to this thread to ask about others status' and report mine.

Best Buy online order for in store pickup is still in the "pre-ordered" status right now. I'm right in believing this will change as the item is received by my store and then upon pickup at midnight will be charged?

Just making the daily trip to this thread to ask about others status' and report mine.

Best Buy online order for in store pickup is still in the "pre-ordered" status right now. I'm right in believing this will change as the item is received by my store and then upon pickup at midnight will be charged?

Yes

I was able to call the Amazon warehouse that I presume my Nintendo™ Switch is located at, spoke to the floor manager and he assured me that it will be shipped out and that they would be fully staffed that day with no current call outs or people on vacation at the moment, all seems well there. So I then called UPS and spoke with the head delivery manager who will be in charge of picking up my Switch at the Amazon warehouse and delivering it to the UPS sorting facility, I asked for his license number so I could check his driving record to make sure he was the best choice to handle my Switch. I then called my local BRINKS security company and asked the prices on home/porch security officer to stand watch at my home since I will be at work on Friday and I don't want anyone taking my Switch off my porch during the 10 minute drive I have from my job to home, not too bad price wise, I'll look into it further tomorrow. Thinking of perhaps renting a faster vehicle for the week so my 10 minute drive is a little shorter just in case I need it.
I'm crying. This is probably how I sound to my wife.

ctfg23

OK so on Amazon I have the Switch and Zelda SE paid off via gift card, but some other accessories are not. My payment method for those items may or may not work. In the event that the charge can't go through, what are the chances that it messes up my gift card covered items, like if Amazon tries to ship them together or something? I almost want to cancel everything not covered via gift card to make sure I get the console and Zelda.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Hey guys... so long story short, my Switch order with Amazon got canceled. : ( It wasn't intentional, but I don't want to get into the story here.

What is my best shot for finding a NEON on launch day or midnight release? Am I totally fucked?

Persona7

Banned
Hey guys... so long story short, my Switch order with Amazon got canceled. : ( It wasn't intentional, but I don't want to get into the story here.

What is my best shot for finding a NEON on launch day or midnight release? Am I totally fucked?

Call walmart/target/toys r us and ask how they will be handling the launch. 24 hour stores will be loaded with people so try to avoid those but also plan to arrive early well before opening.

ZServ

I checked my order on Amazon and it said shipping today for my console and Zelda ( LA). Now it's locking me out from checking due to their servers having issues. I guess it's telling me to do something else. lol

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55449981

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-29-1001

chronomac

Got my Hyperkin case today from Amazon (and it feels just like you think a $9.99 case would). Switch, 1-2-Switch, and Zelda are all in "Expected to ship tomorrow" mode.

Ordered my switch online from GameStop for release day delivery. I don't order much online, so does anyone know if the tracking information will say if signature is required for delivery? I get off early on Friday's, but not until 3. If signature is required, I wonder if I can leave a signed note for the delivery driver?

GSR

The only thing I have ordered at Best Buy is a set of Neon Joycons and they already shipped. Due here Thursday, lol.

Meanwhile my actual Switch and games at Amazon are still sitting at "not yet shipped".

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Good lord. Going Switch crazy over here. Can't stop checking my Amazon order to see if the status has changed.

It hasn't.

Top Bottom