• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Meanwhile, my in store Best Buy orders are teasing me at the preordered status still.

giphy.gif

Right there with ya.

Niosai

So I'm probably going to go to Gamestop at the midnight release even though I didn't get a preorder in. Hoping someone cancelled theirs. And if not, I get to hang out with my friends anyways so win-win.

Best Buy Pre-order made on 2/2 still says preparing.

Target switch order made on 1/13 says preparing to ship, expected arrival is Saturday 3/4.

Have a feeling Target won't make it on the 4th.

Best buy should probably be fine.

jtar86

They haven't canceled my last minute Walmart order so I'm hopeful. Choose in store pickup. I won't be convinced I have one until I leave the store with it. The charges are pending on my debit card as of now though.

Jetku

*** Not sure if this deserves its own thread or not***

Gamestop stores all got emails saying they have to have 100% sell through of all Nintendo Switch systems by closing Saturday.

That pretty much means if you couldn't pick up your system by that time they have to sell it. You won't lose your money, but you'll have to wait until the next shipment.

Kind of sucks, but I don't think anyone here would hold out that long anyway. Also I'm pretty sure they'll call people who haven't and let them know on Saturday that they need to come pick it up.

Just figured I'd share
Cheers :)

I received the call yesterday from my store telling me I could get it at midnight, otherwise I had until Saturday at 9. I assume he meant PM, but didn't ask as I plan to go at midnight.

I worked at GameStop in the mid 2000s and this was the same rule for Xbox 360 launch as well. 48 hours is serious business for hard to get items.

I'm not at all worried about Amazon. Typically it takes less than a day for things to arrive from their Dallas center to my home so I don't even expect it to leave their warehouse until tomorrow, lol.

Malus

Lots of negative stuff ongoing in the other threads (impressions, previews, reviews).. Everything is being painted as - negative stuff gets extrapolated to end of the world / last console for Nintendo etc etc. Positive stuff .. is dampened down to "standard" requirements and nitpicking even.

is this the best thread for a little positive stuff about the Switch I am about to lay my hands on?

its gonna be the best thing ever

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
They should charge you when you checkout in-store.
This is how it works when you order an in-stock, non pre-order item, but it might be different for pre-orders. I was charged for my PS4 Pro the day before it came out. They literally sent me an email telling me so.

I mostly want my Amazon orders to ship simply so I can contact them and get my refund on shipping. For some reason my Prime discount didn't apply to the Zelda SE. They simply said "Contact us once it's shipped and we'll take care of it :)

So we'll see...

MindofKB

I don't anticipate my Amazon order updating any time soon. I live like 15 minutes away from the distribution center so I'm sure it'll ship last minute lol.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Debating on whether or not I want to go to the midnight opening at my local Best Buy. My console is coming in from Amazon and I was just gonna drop in after work Friday and pick up the few games I wanted. (Possibly a Pro Controller, assuming there's stock.)

Doesn't seem worth it to stay up late and deal with stupid people if all I need are games.

*** Not sure if this deserves its own thread or not***

Gamestop stores all got emails saying they have to have 100% sell through of all Nintendo Switch systems by closing Saturday.

That pretty much means if you couldn't pick up your system by that time they have to sell it. You won't lose your money, but you'll have to wait until the next shipment.

Kind of sucks, but I don't think anyone here would hold out that long anyway. Also I'm pretty sure they'll call people who haven't and let them know on Saturday that they need to come pick it up.

Just figured I'd share
Cheers :)

Thanks for this, I'm picking it up Friday around 8 and to be honest with you, I'm not too confident in them not selling my system haha

dvolovets

Oof. So I contacted Amazon Customer Service a little bit ago since my order statuses for both the Switch and Zelda + Bomberman are still not marked as shipping soon, and the person's response was "Oh, no problem, I'll just change your shipping to One-Day to guarantee arrival by March 3rd." 0_0 Now I am worried haha. I don't see why it was necessary to do that since it was guaranteed to arrive by March 3rd anyway...

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Should I be buying another set of Joy Cons? Or try to find the Pro controller?

You'll need another set of Joy-Cons if you want to play 4-player games or 2-player games with both halves in a grip, and a Pro Controller is for folks that don't like the Joycon's smaller buttons and sticks.

Jeff-DSA

Lots of negative stuff ongoing in the other threads (impressions, previews, reviews).. Everything is being painted as - negative stuff gets extrapolated to end of the world / last console for Nintendo etc etc. Positive stuff .. is dampened down to "standard" requirements and nitpicking even.

is this the best thread for a little positive stuff about the Switch I am about to lay my hands on?

The negative hyperbole always spikes RIGHT before a launch and immediately after. As people experience it and play games, not menus and settings, actual and accurate feelings about a system start to come out. These reviews are meant to nitpick everything, and far too often people get hyper focused on anything negative and let it outweigh all the good stuff that's said right alongside it.

Once we start getting out consoles, I imagine that this thread will be full of happiness. Nothing will be perfect, but man, we'll have Zelda and a new platform to experience.

dreamfall

You'll need another set of Joy-Cons if you want to play 4-player games or 2-player games with both halves in a grip, and a Pro Controller is for folks that don't like the Joycon's smaller buttons and sticks.

I think what I'm wondering is if there is another dock for the other set - like do you just hold the halves in each hand? Or is there something you slide it onto for better grip/control?

Dumb question here. I was thinking trying to pick one up at a midnight launch. The release date is the 3rd so that's midnight on Thursday right? I only ask because people were mentioning lining up on Friday.

unrealist

The negative hyperbole always spikes RIGHT before a launch and immediately after. As people experience it and play games, not menus and settings, actual and accurate feelings about a system start to come out. These reviews are meant to nitpick everything, and far too often people get hyper focused on anything negative and let it outweigh all the good stuff that's said right alongside it.

Once we start getting out consoles, I imagine that this thread will be full of happiness. Nothing will be perfect, but man, we'll have Zelda and a new platform to experience.

I kinda get you .. the reviews now seem to be based off "playing" the menus and UI rather than the games. And, the cons seem more like concerns to be rather than outright flaws. Although undeniably there definitely would be but we still have to delve into what the Switch was made for to find out - that is, to game on it.

Damn, I see Amazon and Best Buy shipment posts all over the place, but has anyone's GameStop online order done anything?
No.

The email said that shipping starts on the 2nd. It's still the 1st. If the pre-auth on Saturday went through fine then you should be good to go. Unless you didn't select One Day Shipping in which case RIP.

Best Buy (Shipped, not In-Store):

Zelda: Master Edition - SHIPPED
Zelda: Standard - SHIPPED
Grey Switch Console - PREPARING

I wonder if there will be pro controllers available in-store. I knew I shouldn't have cancelled my pre-order...

ngower

Still nothing from Best Buy re: Zelda. Hoping they update so I can pick it up at midnight tomorrow. Flying out on Friday and want to avoid making a stop to Best Buy if possible.

Revas

My credit card transaction didn't go through on Amazon, so after I updated it, My switch will arrive on Tuesday :/

majik13

Amazon:
Grey Switch - Not yet shipped - Arriving Friday

I'm in California.

Same

in Bay Area, not yet shipped from Amazon. My Zelda still doesnt have a release date.

Also my post from another thread.

dammit, I just contacted Customer support to change the delivery address for my Switch and Zelda Switch. and told them Id like to change the address without it messing up my launch day delivery date. They said no problem.

Switch got changed fine. Then he did Zelda and it changed from March 3rd delivery to Delivery date pending.

Amazon Chat transcript:
Me: but delivery was confirmed for march 3rd just a moment ago before the address was changed

Agent: Don't be worried, as soon as the game is released it'll be delivered to you as per the release date.

Me: it releases march 3rd, and was listed for shipping on march 1st

Agent: There seems to be no inventory received by us for this item. The delivery date will be updated as soon as inventory is procured.

As per the delivery date provided it'll be delivered to you for sure.
If not please let us know we'll help you further.

Me: I only wanted to change the address if it was not going to mess up launch day delivery

Agent: Sir, there won't be any issues your order is perfect and it'll be delivered safely.

Me: on March 3rd?

Agent: Yes.

Me: thank you

Im not too hopeful, but yeah looks like they haven't received any Zelda inventory yet... But we will see. I could just pick it up somewhere else on launch day hopefully.

sucks because I switched it to my work address, and Friday is my last day there. So hopefully it does make it that day. otherwise, not sure how Ill get my Amazon copy.

sadromeo

Yes!! Got the email from Best Buy this morning that my Neon Switch has shipped. This is in SoCal.

Excitement and hype levels through the roof.

I am hoping tomorrow if not then Friday it is on.

Top Bottom